Timbrell’s Yard, in the heart of beautiful Bradford-on-Avon in Wiltshire, is a stylish and charming riverside inn. It has an excellent restaurant and bar and stylish bedrooms. It is open all day, every day, for drinking and eating.
The contemporary bar serves a lovely list of local ciders, ales, craft beers and cocktails. Fabulous food is courtesy of Executive Chef Tom Blake, formerly head chef at River Cottage, who oversees Timbrell’s Yard’s modern British menu. His award-winning farm-to-plate food includes a great range of vegetarian and vegan offerings.
Tom is a champion of local produce. Meat, eggs, cheese and yogurt are all sourced from local farmers, and bread, cakes and sauces are made in-house daily. Tom draws on his extensive network of West Country growers and producers to create innovative and hugely popular menus which feature local and seasonal produce, all at an affordable price. The menu makes the most of the fresh catch, the new season’s crop or an exciting local speciality. Children can enjoy their own menu or smaller portions from the main offering. The drinks list is equally comprehensive and there is a carefully chosen, characterful wine selection.
Timbrell’s Yard was named South West Dining Pub of the Year at the Taste of the West Awards in 2019 and Gastro Pub of the year at the 2018 Bath Life Awards.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant (grab one of the tables with a riverside window) or in the bar where dogs are also welcome. And if the sun is shining, eat outside on the flagstone courtyard. There are delicious freshly made cakes and snacks throughout the day, as well as great coffee and tea. Muddy boots, families, and dogs are always welcome.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
- Al Fresco Dining
- Available for wedding receptions
- Booking required
- Chef - Group Chef Tom Blake and head chef Ricky Ford
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Locally-sourced produce
- Number of covers - 120
- Number of people seated - 120
- Real log/coal fires
- In town/city centre
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
Bradford on Avon is on the A363 between Trowbridge and Bath.
Public Transport Directions
Timbrell’s Yard is right in the centre of Bradford on Avon, a very short walk from the train station. Trains run regularly from Bath and Bristol.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good190
- Paul MFrome, United KingdomWe Met Close Friends For Drinks and DinnerSaturday, 16th October 2021We were invited by friends who were staying at this hotel and restaurant in the historic town of Bradford-on-Avon. This hotel is tucked away in the town close to the River Avon. We met in the bar and... Read full review
- JennP7232Trip Type:CouplesVery slow serviceSunday, 17th October 2021We booked a table for 7.15pm on a Sunday evening. Initially we faced with a sign in the porch saying wait here until a staff member comes. Nobody came, so after a few minutes of feeling rather silly... Read full review
- Bernadette FReading, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSaturday evening mealTuesday, 19th October 2021Post Covid, going out on a Saturday evening was exciting and the expectations of a great experience were high. We couldn’t have been more delighted! Exquisite food, great service and fabulous... Read full review