Timbrell’s Yard, in the heart of beautiful Bradford-on-Avon in Wiltshire, is a stylish and charming riverside inn. It has an excellent restaurant and bar and stylish bedrooms. It is open all day, every day, for drinking and eating.
The contemporary bar serves a lovely list of local ciders, ales, craft beers and cocktails. Fabulous food is courtesy of Executive Chef Tom Blake, formerly head chef at River Cottage, who oversees Timbrell’s Yard’s modern British menu. His award-winning farm-to-plate food includes a great range of vegetarian and vegan offerings.
Tom is a champion of local produce. Meat, eggs, cheese and yogurt are all sourced from local farmers, and bread, cakes and sauces are made in-house daily. Tom draws on his extensive network of West Country growers and producers to create innovative and hugely popular menus which feature local and seasonal produce, all at an affordable price. The menu makes the most of the fresh catch, the new season’s crop or an exciting local speciality. Children can enjoy their own menu or smaller portions from the main offering. The drinks list is equally comprehensive and there is a carefully chosen, characterful wine selection.
Timbrell’s Yard was named South West Dining Pub of the Year at the Taste of the West Awards in 2019 and Gastro Pub of the year at the 2018 Bath Life Awards.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant (grab one of the tables with a riverside window) or in the bar where dogs are also welcome. And if the sun is shining, eat outside on the flagstone courtyard. There are delicious freshly made cakes and snacks throughout the day, as well as great coffee and tea. Muddy boots, families, and dogs are always welcome.
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
- Al Fresco Dining
- Available for wedding receptions
- Booking required
- Chef - Group Chef Tom Blake and head chef Ricky Ford
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Locally-sourced produce
- Number of covers - 120
- Number of people seated - 120
- Real log/coal fires
- In town/city centre
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
Bradford on Avon is on the A363 between Trowbridge and Bath.
Public Transport Directions
Timbrell’s Yard is right in the centre of Bradford on Avon, a very short walk from the train station. Trains run regularly from Bath and Bristol.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good183
- Criticarl10Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing food, ruined by the serviceSunday, 25th October 2020If you’re going to operate with minimal serving staff then they need to be experienced and highly competent. Sadly not the case and the service was a complete joke. I won’t go into all the details... Read full review
- badleg82Trowbridge, United KingdomDisappointing! Visited threeSunday, 25th October 2020Disappointing! Visited three weeks ago and the experience was incredible! Visited Sunday 25th October and a total different experience! Arrived and was greater by lovely waitress and was seated... Read full review
- caz93Bradford-on-Avon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCoffee...Wednesday, 4th November 2020Am a local, live up the road, love Timbrells, but please change the coffee. Was revolting and basically undrinkable. Was thick, bitter, far too strong. That's all. Read full review