Timbrell’s Yard, in the heart of beautiful Bradford-on-Avon in Wiltshire, is a stylish and charming riverside inn. It has an excellent restaurant and bar and stylish bedrooms. It is open all day, every day, for drinking and eating.
The contemporary bar serves a lovely list of local ciders, ales, craft beers and cocktails. Fabulous food is courtesy of Executive Chef Tom Blake, formerly head chef at River Cottage, who oversees Timbrell’s Yard’s modern British menu. His award-winning farm-to-plate food includes a great range of vegetarian and vegan offerings.
Tom is a champion of local produce. Meat, eggs, cheese and yogurt are all sourced from local farmers, and bread, cakes and sauces are made in-house daily. Tom draws on his extensive network of West Country growers and producers to create innovative and hugely popular menus which feature local and seasonal produce, all at an affordable price. The menu makes the most of the fresh catch, the new season’s crop or an exciting local speciality. Children can enjoy their own menu or smaller portions from the main offering. The drinks list is equally comprehensive and there is a carefully chosen, characterful wine selection.
Timbrell’s Yard was named South West Dining Pub of the Year at the Taste of the West Awards in 2019 and Gastro Pub of the year at the 2018 Bath Life Awards.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant (grab one of the tables with a riverside window) or in the bar where dogs are also welcome. And if the sun is shining, eat outside on the flagstone courtyard. There are delicious freshly made cakes and snacks throughout the day, as well as great coffee and tea. Muddy boots, families, and dogs are always welcome.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
- Al Fresco Dining
- Available for wedding receptions
- Booking required
- Chef - Group Chef Tom Blake and head chef Ricky Ford
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Locally-sourced produce
- Number of covers - 120
- Number of people seated - 120
- Real log/coal fires
- In town/city centre
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
Bradford on Avon is on the A363 between Trowbridge and Bath.
Public Transport Directions
Timbrell’s Yard is right in the centre of Bradford on Avon, a very short walk from the train station. Trains run regularly from Bath and Bristol.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good184
- 51nickgAvoncliff, United KingdomExcellent new outdoor diningFriday, 18th December 2020There were six of us, so we had to sit outside, on a cold December evening. But the new marquee with its log burner was so effective that we were able to remove some of our layers and enjoy a... Read full review
- wiltshirebathlocalGood foodTuesday, 12th January 2021This place is a nice pub with a more upmarket feel, the food is always to a good standard and service friendly. Are definitely pubs with a better atmosphere in town Read full review
- louloufoodie2001Bradford-on-Avon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIncredible food and cocktails!Wednesday, 20th January 2021Incredible food! We have been here a dew time as its local with family and as a couple food is always perfectly cooked! The service from the staff is fantastic always happy to help and friendly... Read full review