Beatons Tearooms & Bookshop is a small and friendly tearoom based in the beautiful village of Tisbury (just 19 minutes by train from Salisbury) and inspired by the style and elegance of Cecil Beaton. It is a relaxing place to meet, relax and enjoy a perfect cup of tea, have breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea, or browse the specially selected range of books for sale.
Taking pride of place at Beatons is a range of over 25 loose leaf teas, brewed to perfection and elegantly served, or for the coffee drinker a carefully selected range of freshly ground regional coffees. Beatons is also becoming renowned for its range of homemade and specially sourced cakes.
At Beatons we also sell a small but carefully selected range of books. From local country pursuits, speciality cooking, kids books and travel journals through to a range of local authors and those quirky and amusing titles people just can’t put down.
Winner of 2011 South West Business of the Year Award.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Guide dogs permitted
- Handrail by steps
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Licensed - Beatons serve a small selection of wines as a perfect accompaniment to food
- Serve afternoon tea - Offering all you would expect from a good tea Room, but also a stunningly presented Afternoon High Tea
- Serve breakfast - From a delicate smoked salmon and scrambled eggs through to full breakfast with some great filled bagels along the way.
- Serve lunch - A range of light lunch offerings, with daily special soups, stews and salads.
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Al Fresco Dining - Small terrace on front of the property
- Number of covers - 24
- Number of people seated - 24 indoor, 8 outside
- In countryside
- In town/city centre - Tisbury has a small but vibrant commercial high street
- Themed restaurant - Beatons is inspired by the art, design and styling of Cecil Beaton who lived locally.
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Free unrestricted car park and 1 and 2 hour restricted parking on street
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Tisbury is located within a triangle made up of the A30, the B3089 and A350 and is well signposted from all three. From Salisbury leave on the A30 towards Shaftesbury, after 5 miles at Barford St Martin turn right onto the B3089 following the 'Tisbury North' sign. Follow the signs through Dinton and Fonthill where you will be directed left through the centre of the beautiful Fonthill Estate. After a mile you will reach a junction, turn left toward Tisbury. Beatons is at the bottom end of the high street on the right.
Public Transport Directions
Easiest to reach by train, Tisbury is on the main Exeter to Waterloo line, just one stop 20 mins west of Salisbury.Bus services are restricted to twice a day from Salisbury and Shaftesbury.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- Heather DLapworth, United KingdomExcellent choiceWednesday, 1st September 2021We visited several times as a large family group and they were very accommodating. There is a super choice of cakes , teas and coffees, served in lovely china cups etc. Unfortunately they were... Read full review
- brian mTrip Type:CouplesNice little Tea RoomWednesday, 22nd September 2021The depth of the menu was limited, it has reduced since covid struck. But it serves a fabulous cream tea and the surroundings are pleasant. Worth a visit Read full review
- nickandharriet2Warminster, United KingdomTea and cakeFriday, 22nd October 2021I can't recommend Beatons highly enough! The atmosphere is lovely, the staff always friendly and efficient. There are an amazing range of teas to sample and I can recommend the coffee too. I... Read full review