Stonehenge Campsite and Glamping Pods is a lovely multi-award winning family-run site. We are perfectly situated close to the Stonehenge World Heritage Centre and make the ideal touring base for exploring Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and beyond. We’re a small, friendly, well-kept and thoughtfully laid out campsite, with 600+ positive reviews. We sit in a secluded, semi woodland setting and offer excellent facilities, outstanding walking direct from site, woods, streams, two local pubs and an excellent farm and village shop, all close by.
Just 10 minutes from the Stonehenge World Heritage Centre by road, we offer camping, glamping and motorhome facilities of an excellent standard with hard standing pitches available. We are the winners of Practical Caravan’s prestigious Top 100 Sites Award for Best Campsite 2016 and re-enter the top 100 each year.
Our Glamping units are open all year and offer all levels of Glamping from basic pods to a bit of Glamping Luxury in a cosy insulated heated luxury pod with all bedding & Towels supplied with a fully furnished pod, Continental Breakfast hampers are available (Charges apply) and can be booked at reception upon arrival. Gift options are available upon request for that special friend or family member for any occasion, or opt for a romantic getaway with a stay in our Yurt (The Solstice Retreat). Our glamping units are set in the own landscaped gardens and come with picnic bench. The luxury pods & yurt come with Tea/coffee making facilities, with a fridge and Kettle supplied and all the cutlery and crockery you require, fire pit also included (fuel available on site) we have a selection of Bell tents available to hire.
For camping and motorhomes alike, we occupy a thoughtfully laid out site in an attractive landscaped setting. We have clean, heated, modern washing blocks and a Camper's Kitchen, equipped to make your washing up and catering that bit easier.
We are dog-friendly at all times apart from during SolsticeFest.co.uk, which runs from 18th - 21st June each year. We are surrounded by good walks direct from the site and we are close to a fantastic array of sites of historical interest, attractions and events in Wiltshire and just over the Dorset, Hampshire and Somerset borders. Local bus service 2 runs from Salisbury to Devizes with a bus stop at the campsite entrance. All local attractions advertised on site are within 60minutes of the campsite. including the sandy beaches of Bournemouth, the Roman Pump Rooms and Spa of Bath and the New Forest National Park. We are unusual in being a peaceful, campfire friendly site – just ask about hiring one of our fire pits.
Well situated for events such as the Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival, exploring the National Trust Stonehenge Landscape, Salisbury Cathedral and the Magna Carta, the Chalke Valley History Festival, Longleat safari park & House with discounted tickets available on site at reception for our guests.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Backpacker Tents (2 people max)||£12.00 per unit per night|
|Camping Pitches (2 adults, 2 children, 1 dog)||from £15.00 to £20.00 per unit per night|
|Glamping Pods||from £20.00 to £90.00 per unit per night|
|Touring & Motorhome Grass (2 adults, 2 children, 1 dog, EHU)||from £20.00 to £25.00 per unit per night|
|Touring & Motorhome Hard Standing (2 adults, 2 children, 1 dog, EHU)||from £25.00 to £30.00 per unit per night|
*Backpacker tents from £12, Tent pitches from £15-20, touring from £20, and Glamping Pods available from £20
|2019/20 - Main Season Opening (Full Facilities) (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|2019/20 - Winter Opening (Limited Facilities)* (1 Nov 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
Main Season Opening
Full Facilities 1st Apr - Oct 31st
Limited Facilities* 1st Nov - March 31st
*Limited facilities are Electric Hook-Up / Water / Chemical Waste Disposal Point / Rubbish Collection / Campers' Kitchen. showers & Lavatory facilities unisex block.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good82
- Serenity201Chertsey, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesValentinesSaturday, 15th February 2020A lovely well kept site that allowed us to shelter comfortably from storm Dennis. Lovely ( muddy) dog walks that end up at a pub in whatever direction you take. Shower area is unisex and you pay 20p... Read full review
- emmahB3595DLLovely location.....just a few things.....Thursday, 20th February 2020We stayed here for 2 nights with our caravan, 2 young children and 2 dogs. We had a hardstanding pitch up on the top field. We were greeted on arrival by the owner, who was lovely and very... Read full review
- Ellen WGreat stay (Even in March haha)Tuesday, 17th March 2020We really enjoyed camping here. The owners went out of their way to help us enjoy our holiday. The campsite is in a great location for country walks and access to a shop and pub. Also very reasonably... Read full review
- 4 AA Pennants
- 4 Visit England Stars Holiday, Touring & Camping Park
- David Bellamy Awards David Bellamy Conservation Award (Gold) 2013
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Loo of the Year 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Top 100 Award 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous ACSI 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Alan Rogers 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous ANWB 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Practical Caravan – Top 100 Sites – Finalist 2015 2016