Be sure to visit the Gallery Café, where chef/owner Michael Fox combines over 30 years of experience with a passion for delicious and healthy home-cooked food. The Gallery Café has recently been voted 'Best Cafe' in Wiltshire in the 2021 Muddy Stilettos Awards. It has also been recognised six times in the Observer's national Food Awards, while the Daily Telegraph described Michael's puddings as "to die for".
The Gallery Café's varied menu changes to suit the seasons and the recipes often use fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Pop in for a coffee, a cup of tea and a piece of cake, or something more substantial in a wonderful old building packed with original arts and crafts.
There is always something delicious to choose from - for lunch, try a generously filled sandwich or something warm, such as some hearty soup in winter, or a healthy salad in the summer, all washed down with a glass of wine, some elderflower or homemade limeade with fresh mint.
For diners with special dietary requirements, the Café's menus frequently include gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and vegetarian options. Also, the Gallery Café is dog-friendly, so feel free to bring well-behaved canine companions with you.
The café operates on a first come, first served basis, no booking required.
- Cater for vegetarians - Gluten-free and dairy-free food also available
- Serve lunch - Lunch is light, modern and freshly prepared to order
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cater for groups - By arrangement
- Conference facilities - One conference room. Max capacity: 30 theatre-style; 25 boardroom-style; 50 banqueting-style.
- Dog Friendly
- Licenced for alcohol
- In town/city centre - Easy walking distance from Market Place.
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- Helen CVery disappointing service and food.Saturday, 15th July 2023Having visited this cafe before I was looking forward to a lovely healthy meal. Today I was very disappointed. I was asked if I would like crackers with my salad and I said no. When my salad was... Read full review
- AprilForbesSalisbury, United KingdomA relaxing coffee ☕Saturday, 30th September 2023I've never been here before, it is a very quaint place with friendly staff. After visiting the second hand book store, we were in need of a drink and cake. There were a great variety of cakes to... Read full review
- katejC1630DNWorth the stroll away from main area. Not far..5 mins.Wednesday, 11th October 2023Gorgeous craft and arts venue. Lovely staff and setting. Wouldn’t have found it if not for the tourist information centre recommendation. Courtyard space where I had my coffee. Lovely variety of... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Observer Food Monthly Awards - Runner up 2023
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- TripAdvisor Awards Travellers' Choice - TripAdvisor 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos Award (Best Cafe) 2023
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos Award (Best Art Space) 2023