Pythouse Kitchen Garden is a restaurant and events venue within a stunning Victorian walled garden, where all the fruit and vegetables grown in the garden go straight on to the menu in true ‘plot to plate’ style. Menus at PKG are as seasonal as you can get, being designed according to what is available to pick that morning.
All activity at PKG revolves around the garden. A south facing paradise with a myriad of plants, fruit and vegetables to gaze at, smell, pick, and eat. Guests can explore the stunning grounds, pick their own flowers to take home by the bucket load and enjoy a drink on the terrace or by an open fire-pit during colder months.
Each new season brings a unique atmosphere in the garden and a different menu to the table. We specialise in outdoor cooking over fire. This method of cooking is a pure, simple and healthy way to enjoy our homegrown fruit and vegetables and wonderful produce from neighbouring farms. Our organic beef comes from Cools Farm which is half a mile away, our grass fed lamb roams pastures in East Knoyle and we use milk from the dairy in Semley. The source of our ingredients is not just important to us, finding and working with excellent local producers is a passion.
All year round there are special weekly foodie events going on at PKG. Events include our Pytfire Supper, Classical Music & Dinner by Candlelight, Plant-Based Dinner, The 'Get Down' Disco Night and our Open Mic Night. Details of all these events can be found on our website and are announced in our monthly newsletter.
At PKG we are driven by the delightful way the seasons can play on our senses. Whether you are savouring homegrown produce in the restaurant, celebrating warm summer nights in the glamping village or letting your imagination run wild in the garden, we hope you'll agree, there's no corner of England quite like this one.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Al Fresco Dining
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Live Music
- Locally-sourced produce
- Private rooms
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Themed restaurant
- All major credit cards accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good93
- Libby CBerkshireA thoroughly delightful lunchWednesday, 25th May 2022It was a joy to experience this delightful place- assured cooking, welcoming service, relaxing vibe. We drove 1 1/2 hours each way to get here, as it had been on my 'must visit' list for at least 12... Read full review
- 687katiecFontmell Magna, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNot like last time!Sunday, 29th May 2022Our second time for lunch on a Sunday to Pythouse. The bar was set high last time which was fabulous. Sadly today for whatever reason it was not so good. We were booked for 2pm. They take... Read full review
- diane bTrip Type:CouplesPricey restaurant setting niceFriday, 10th June 2022Food was acceptable however the drinks were extremely pricey 2x vodka and tonic £29.50. I didn’t anticipate £144 for a set menu, bottle of water tea and coffee and two wines and two vodka and... Read full review