*Boscombe Down Aviation Collection is now open. They’ve made a few changes to the way they operate in order to keep everyone as safe as possible. See their website for more details.*
Collection of aircraft, cockpits, replicas and models weapons and trials equipment to show the story of flight and flight test in the UK.
The cockpits are mostly open and you can sit in and use the controls.
There are guides to answer questions and show you round.
Exhibits of national importance including the unique Sea Harrier XZ 457 and the rare Comit C Mk 2 Sagittarius.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£25.50 per ticket|
|Senior/Student/Serving members of HM forces||£8.00 per ticket|
Concession price applies to seniors, students and serving members of HM forces with ID.
Annual tickets available twice the above price (visit as many times as you wish for a year).
Groups of 10+: 25% reduction for Pre-Organised Parties of more than 10 people (adult supervisors of children groups at child price).
|Summer Opening (18 Feb 2020 - 4 Nov 2020)|
* Open Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm.
Not open Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Airfield Cafe available
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Take the A345 off the A303 at Amebury. At the roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn left onto A338, at traffic lights turn right. Turn left onto Lancester Way - at the end of the hangar turn right.From Salisbury take A345 (to Amesbury) at roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn right onto A338 and follow instructions above.
Public Transport Directions
Close to Park and Ride bus route 501 Beehive.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good65
- VanettaNorthamptonshire, United KingdomA must for airplane enthusiastsSunday, 6th September 2020Spent a couple of hours looking at the museum then watching the skydivers. It was lovely and sunny so we sat on the benches for a coffee. A lovely place to take the kids Read full review
- patbaynhamStafford, United KingdomCouldnt believe the price!Friday, 11th September 2020Vastly over priced for what you get to see. Very disappointing. We were the only ones there when we visited. Very little to see even though you can sit in the cockpit. Read full review
- jomB4987OVInteresting collection of aircraft and aviation related historyMonday, 14th September 2020The obvious enthusiasm of the staff who were keen to share their knowledge with visitors without being in any way in your face. Very hands on. A bonus was watching skydivers at the outfit based in... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020