*Boscombe Down Aviation Collection is now open. They’ve made a few changes to the way they operate in order to keep everyone as safe as possible. See their website for more details.*
Collection of aircraft, cockpits, replicas and models weapons and trials equipment to show the story of flight and flight test in the UK.
The cockpits are mostly open and you can sit in and use the controls.
There are guides to answer questions and show you round.
Exhibits of national importance including the unique Sea Harrier XZ 457 and the rare Comit C Mk 2 Sagittarius.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£25.50 per ticket|
|Senior/Student/Serving members of HM forces||£8.00 per ticket|
Concession price applies to seniors, students and serving members of HM forces with ID.
Annual tickets available twice the above price (visit as many times as you wish for a year).
Groups of 10+: 25% reduction for Pre-Organised Parties of more than 10 people (adult supervisors of children groups at child price).
|Summer Opening (18 Feb 2021 - 4 Nov 2021)|
* Open Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm.
Not open Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Airfield Cafe available
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Take the A345 off the A303 at Amebury. At the roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn left onto A338, at traffic lights turn right. Turn left onto Lancester Way - at the end of the hangar turn right.From Salisbury take A345 (to Amesbury) at roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn right onto A338 and follow instructions above.
Public Transport Directions
Close to Park and Ride bus route 501 Beehive.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good66
- rachelaG3531IJLincolnshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat to get up closeThursday, 29th October 2020We turned up, no need to book and had a great time. So much to see and how wonderful to be able to see so many aircraft up close and sit in the cockpits of some. Great for children and adults. So... Read full review
- mikebstravelsDidcot, United KingdomInteresting little collectionFriday, 30th October 2020An interesting little collection of planes. Majority are just cockpit sections but a few whole aircraft and lots you can climb into even during Covid (hand sanitisers available around the site... Read full review
- karenpZ8343NSTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant!Tuesday, 3rd November 2020My husband and I visited over the Halloween weekend and absolutely loved our visit! My husband was delighted at the opportunity to sit in most of the open cockpits of the various aircraft on display... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020