*Boscombe Down Aviation Collection is now open. They’ve made a few changes to the way they operate in order to keep everyone as safe as possible. See their website for more details.*
Collection of aircraft, cockpits, replicas and models weapons and trials equipment to show the story of flight and flight test in the UK.
The cockpits are mostly open and you can sit in and use the controls.
There are guides to answer questions and show you round.
Exhibits of national importance including the unique Sea Harrier XZ 457 and the rare Comit C Mk 2 Sagittarius.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£25.50 per ticket|
|Senior/Student/Serving members of HM forces||£8.00 per ticket|
Concession price applies to seniors, students and serving members of HM forces with ID.
Annual tickets available twice the above price (visit as many times as you wish for a year).
Groups of 10+: 25% reduction for Pre-Organised Parties of more than 10 people (adult supervisors of children groups at child price).
|Summer Opening *CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE* (18 Feb 2020 - 4 Nov 2020)|
* *CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*
Open Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm.
Not open Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Airfield Cafe available
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Take the A345 off the A303 at Amebury. At the roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn left onto A338, at traffic lights turn right. Turn left onto Lancester Way - at the end of the hangar turn right.From Salisbury take A345 (to Amesbury) at roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn right onto A338 and follow instructions above.
Public Transport Directions
Close to Park and Ride bus route 501 Beehive.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good64
- Ian SLuton, United KingdomA Jewel of a Museum.Friday, 28th February 2020This is an outstanding little museum even if your not into aviation the kids will love it. Very welcoming from the moment you walk through the door. So many open cockpits that you can sit in all in... Read full review
- Maxtraveller929Trip Type:Solo travelWorth a visitSaturday, 29th February 2020I found this rather more interesting than I thought given it is largely cockpits. You can actually go in them which is terrific fun and utterly unlik any other museum. You can even crawl into a... Read full review
- colinf296Salisbury, United KingdomOutstanding and unique collectionTuesday, 24th March 2020This collection is a must for anyone with an interest in aviation. Run by a dedicated team of volunteers the exhibits are many and varied with access to cockpits as well as the history of the nearby... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020