Housed in 2 Grade 2 listed building with magnificent Belfast truss roof dating back to 1917 which was originally used as a Royal Flying Corp Hangers and training airfield
The collection tells the story of flight & flight testing at Boscombe Down and the Wessex Area.
BDAC’s RFC collection has an exceptional display of artifacts includes, uniforms, photographs, flying clothing and a wealth of personal records.
Wander around the aircraft and other attractions at the collection. You can explore / sit in many real fast jet cockpits and imagine yourself at the controls. There is also a flight simulator that you can fly with tuition (when available)
Our guides are all volunteers and have a wealth of first-hand knowledge. There is a lot to do and see - Great for all children, enthusiast or just if you have a casual interest
Exhibits Include but not limited to
-Sea Hawk WV910 cockpit
-Hunter F1 WT648 cockpit
-Hunter F2 WN890 cockpit
-Hunter F6 XG290 cockpit
-Scimitar 544 WT859 cockpit
-Swift F7 XF113 cockpit
-Avro 707 WZ736 Prototype aircraft
-Tornado ZA319 First production aircraft
-Tornado F2 cockpit
-Meteor NF11 (mod) WD790 cockpit
-P1A WG763 Prototype aircraft
-Lightening XN726 cockpit
-Canberra B2 (modified) WHB76 cockpit
-Canberra T4 WJ865
-Meteor WK800 Drone
-Jet Provost Prototype aircraft
-Hawk XX154 First pre-production aircraft
-Lancaster PD130 cockpit
-Nimrod prototype XV148 cockpit
Gift shop, nearby café and free parking
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£25.50 per ticket|
|Senior/Student/Serving members of HM forces||£8.00 per ticket|
Concession price applies to seniors, students and serving members of HM forces with ID.
Annual tickets available twice the above price (visit as many times as you wish for a year).
Groups of 10+: 25% reduction for Pre-Organised Parties of more than 10 people (adult supervisors of children groups at child price).
|Summer Opening (18 Feb 2024 - 4 Nov 2024)|
* Open Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm.
Not open Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Airfield Cafe available
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Indoor Attraction
- Min group size - 10
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Take the A345 off the A303 at Amebury. At the roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn left onto A338, at traffic lights turn right. Turn left onto Lancester Way - at the end of the hangar turn right.From Salisbury take A345 (to Amesbury) at roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn right onto A338 and follow instructions above.
Public Transport Directions
Close to Park and Ride bus route 501 Beehive.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good71
- Chris BA True Gem!Tuesday, 3rd October 2023What a pleasant surprise it was to find and tour this museum. The volunteer staff were so enthusiastic and knowledgeable. You are able to get hands on with many of the exhibits including being able... Read full review
- neiltQ941OWWatford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely outingSaturday, 14th October 2023What an interesting interactive place to visit with very helpful volunteers. Magnificent plane restauration.. cafe shop and the whole attraction is dog friendly!! Read full review
- PoshboyPeterboroughPeterboroughTrip Type:Solo travelA fantastic museumFriday, 3rd November 2023I spend a lot of time visiting aviation museums and this was one I’d never been to before . I was so pleased that I went . The collection has some very rare airframes and a comprehensive array of... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021