Cholderton Rare Rare Breeds Farm is an RBST (Rare Breeds Survival Trust) registered Farm, offering a quality day out for all ages and interests!
With so many gorgeous animals for you to meet, most of which are fine examples of British Rare Breeds. Down on The Farm you will find: Sheep, Cows, Pigs, Goats, Ponies, a Donkey, Alpacas, Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Peacocks, Chickens, Ducks, Geese & MORE!
All of the furry friends are displayed in great pens, so all ages can easily see, feed and touch the majority of the animals!
There are also great animal activities throughout the day, giving guests lots of opportunities to interact with the animals and the helpful and friendly staff who will gladly answer all of your questions about the animals on The Farm, no matter how wacky! Visit the website for the current activity timetable.
You can also book an alpaca walk with us through our farm, woodlands and vineyards!
There are also a great range of play equipment as well as a Treehouse and Zip-Line! Other things to do on The Farm, include: Climbing Frames, Trampolines, Nature Walks and so much more!
Conveniently located on-site, there is the Kitchen & Larder, serving delicious homemade food, drinks and cakes all day every day, as well as a Farm Shop, packed with some great gifts, toys, homeware and local artisan products, pop in and have a browse.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE TO SAVE!
Located within the farm, is the beautiful Bluestone Vineyards; a family run enterprise, located in glorious Wiltshire countryside, close to the ancient monument of Stonehenge. An award winning grape grower and wine producer, we specialise in the highest quality fruit for our English Sparkling Wines. With over 12 acres of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier which are meticulously managed by brothers, Nathaniel and Toby, and the rest of the McConnell family, sharing the passion.
In addition to drinking in the view and our new Cellar Door, Bluestone Vineyards offers individual and group visitors guided vineyard walks and wine tastings, starting from £15pp.
Wine tour packages can be tailored to suit, for example a popular choice is to enjoy a delicious local food platter after the wine tasting, in the setting of the vineyard. An extended wine tasting can also be offered to incorporate a wider range of selected, quality English and local wines and guests have enjoyed an indulgent afternoon tea to finish.
For a quirky conclusion, we can also provide an Alpaca walk through the woods and vineyard.
“Visit our website to book tickets today and save!”
Please note: under 18’s require adult supervision on The Farm at all times. Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm LLP accepts cash and all valid credit & debit cards. Cheques are no longer accepted.
Please Note: we do not permit dogs on The Farm, except assistance dogs.
Information for guests with disabilities:
One carer may go free with a disabled guest aged 2 years and over.
Disabled parking spaces are available, just ask if you cannot find one, we have another car park!
Wheelchair access on The Farm is reasonable however we do advise guests of our natural farm terrain, as most of The Farm is grass and it can become muddy in wet weather.
The Farm has disabled access toilet facilities both down on The Farm and in The Shop & Cafe area.
|Spring/Summer (1 Apr 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Autumn/Winter (1 Nov 2021 - 31 Mar 2022)|
* Closed on 24th - 26th & 31st December - 1st January
Please visit our website to book tickets online - under 2's GO FREE!
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Garden Centre
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant - Lunches, snacks, cream teas. Sits 90 people.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Out of Hours Visits
- Approx length of visit - Four hours
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - There are many things that are under cover including play areas and picnic areas.
- Min group size - 8
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
- French spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - free
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Not Bank Holidays. Minimum of 10 - no maximum unless staying in hostel (70).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good68
- Pol_135Pewsey, United KingdomAwfulTuesday, 31st August 2021The animals we saw did not look in good condition. The calves in a pen had some type of infection, there was a sign informing us of this but I saw children going near them, unable to read and were... Read full review
- sampC8628UNTrip Type:CouplesAmazing morning at Cholferton Farm!Saturday, 18th September 2021Had an amazing morning at the farm! Alpaca walking with Steph who was our brilliant guide along with of course Ollie and Toffee the amazing Alpacas! The staff in the cafe were great and the food was... Read full review
- pompeygirl1969Portsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelLlama walking is best thing hereWednesday, 29th September 2021I chose this attraction due to fact that they offered llama walking. In regards to this activity, I was so not disappointed. It was an amazing experience, and as I was the only one that had... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021