*Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm will open for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only from Friday 19 June. From 3 July, the farm will be open everyday. You will need to buy a ticket online in advance and there will be timed entry slots for admission. Members can purchase a free members ticket, but still need to book their visit in advance. Find out more.*
Fun filled rare breeds with lots of animals, tractor rides*, pig races* and indoor play barn. Plus outdoor play areas, gift shop, Ewe Tree Café serving lunches and refreshments throughout the day.
Many special areas are under cover while there are still 42 acres of countryside and play areas to explore, including nature trails. At peak times there are twice daily pig races, chick/rabbit handling and tractor-trailer rides (call or email for up-to-date information).
Wet or dry there is plenty to do. Lots of additional extras available, including teachers’ packs, ‘Be a farmer for a day!’ function bookings (large or small) for those special occasions, like family reunions, birthday or Christmas parties and even Wedding receptions.
Our YHA Hostel (graded 4*) open year round, with 70 beds can be booked individually or as a whole for overnight stays after your party!
* At peak times only, weather permitting
“Visit our website to book tickets today and save!”
Please note: under 18’s require adult supervision on The Farm at all times. Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm LLP accepts cash and all valid credit & debit cards. Cheques are no longer accepted.
Please Note: we do not permit dogs on The Farm, except assistance dogs.
Information for guests with disabilities:
One carer may go free with a disabled guest aged 2 years and over.
Disabled parking spaces are available, just ask if you cannot find one, we have another car park!
Wheelchair access on The Farm is reasonable however we do advise guests of our natural farm terrain, as most of The Farm is grass and it can become muddy in wet weather.
The Farm has disabled access toilet facilities both down on The Farm and in The Shop & Cafe area.
|Spring/Summer (1 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|Autumn/Winter (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
* Closed on 24th - 26th & 31st December - 1st January
Please visit our website to book tickets online - under 2's GO FREE!
Spring & Summer
Autumn & Winter
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Garden Centre
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant - Lunches, snacks, cream teas. Sits 90 people.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Out of Hours Visits
- Approx length of visit - Four hours
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - There are many things that are under cover including play areas and picnic areas.
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
- French spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - free
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 8
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Not Bank Holidays. Minimum of 10 - no maximum unless staying in hostel (70).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good63
- Thambles2506Amesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing!Sunday, 12th July 2020We had such a good day today! We were really hesitant to go anywhere during COVID-19, but all the staff put us at ease and were so friendly! We booked online (as you now have to) and a really... Read full review
- ClareL8411Salisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFirst birthday outingWednesday, 15th July 2020What a lovely place. In light of the current situation we find ourselves in Cholderton Charlie’s Farm has done an excellent job! Pre-booked staggered entry times, debrief on arrival, sanitisers d... Read full review
- DianeN40Devizes, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat day out for little onesFriday, 17th July 2020We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with our 2 year old granddaughter. Well organised, timed entry with a good briefing on arrival. Plenty to do and see for little ones with a timetable of events. Tidy... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020