Built in 1880 as a grain mill, Fisherton Mill is the south of England’s largest independent gallery with an award-winning on-site café & artist studios; a haven for discerning shopaholics and foodies alike. Set over two floors the Mill retains many original features which add to the atmosphere.
The Gallery, awarded ‘Best Art Space in Wiltshire’ in the 2022 Muddy Stilettos Awards, exhibit work by many leading artists, furniture makers and sculptors as well as an ever-changing array of jewellery, ceramics, glasswork and decorative items. Around the courtyard and on the first floor are creative studios where you can visit artists and designers at work, take in the exhibitions in the Main Gallery or try your hand at a new skill with one of the many workshops on offer.
The Gallery Café is the only eatery in Salisbury to be listed in the Good Food Guide 2019 and more recently received a Muddy Stilettos Award for the Best Café in Wiltshire 2021. It serves delicious coffee and a great selection of home-made cakes. Lunch is light and modern using fresh produce prepared to order, with healthy choices for children. There is courtyard seating for fine days. Well behaved dogs are very welcome.
Centrally situated in Salisbury, mid-way between the Market Square and Railway Station along Fisherton Street and close to the central car park – look out for the orange flags above the archway entrance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No admission charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Not open on bank holidaysDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor only
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour +
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- Min group size - 5
- No Smoking Attraction
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - pre-booking required, please
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
- Fisherton Mill Cafe
- Discover Fisherton Mill Studios
- Discover Fisherton Mill Gallery
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- katejC1630DNWorth the stroll away from main area. Not far..5 mins.Wednesday, 11th October 2023Gorgeous craft and arts venue. Lovely staff and setting. Wouldn’t have found it if not for the tourist information centre recommendation. Courtyard space where I had my coffee. Lovely variety of... Read full review
- rlemonWinter Park, FloridaSerendipty for lunchSunday, 22nd October 2023We had a fine lunch here, with fresh fixings and excellent service. We found the place by accident--serendipity. Our hotel had recommended another place but they had suggested another restaurant the... Read full review
- Safari34618671214Salisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySkilled cookingTuesday, 31st October 2023Absolutely delicious freshly made smoked haddock tart followed by buttery marmalade pudding. Clearly highly skilled cooking. Pitch perfect service despite being busy, great coffee too. Nice gallery... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Observer Food Monthly Awards - Runner up 2023
- TripAdvisor Awards Travellers' Choice - TripAdvisor 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos Award (Best Cafe) 2023
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos Award (Best Art Space) 2023