Mompesson House is currently closed. Opening arrangements for 2021 are being confirmed and will be updated soon.
The perfect Queen Anne townhouse. Imagine living here, walk down the fine oak staircase, enjoy the magnificent plasterwork and sit in the library.
See the fine furniture and important collection of 18th century drinking glasses. Mompesson House featured as Mrs Jennings’ London home in the award-winning film ‘Sense and Sensibility’.
There are peaceful gardens with tea room.
|Mompesson House is currently closed. Opening arrangements for 2021 are being confirmed and will be updated soon. (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Last entry to the house is 30 minutes before closing.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print guide, Braille guides, scented plants.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor of house, garden and tea room.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant - Garden tea room, for 20. Light lunch and teas.
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction - house
- Max group size - 50
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction - garden
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - City centre pay and display car parks.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Group bookings accepted only during normal opening hours.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good234
- Yorkterrier01York, United KingdomLovely House and GardensSaturday, 11th January 2020This is a lovely National Trust property set in the heart of Salisbury with both interesting tooms and a well kept garden with a small tea room at the rear. I found its history interesting. Read full review
- Ljrm84Bournemouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelBest hot chocolate ever.Tuesday, 17th March 2020The best chocolate I have ever had in a NT place. Same ingredients as any other property but their magical hands made wonders. Lovely volunteers everywhere and everybody was very polite (despite the... Read full review
- traceyg855Halesowen, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot openThursday, 24th September 2020Disappointed as this NT property isn’t one of the ones to be reopened and available to visit by prebooked tickets Read full review