Mompesson House is now only open from Friday to Tuesday for pre-booked tours for up to 6 people. Advance booking is essential. The tearoom and shop are both closed.
The perfect Queen Anne townhouse. Imagine living here, walk down the fine oak staircase, enjoy the magnificent plasterwork and sit in the library.
See the fine furniture and important collection of 18th century drinking glasses. Mompesson House featured as Mrs Jennings’ London home in the award-winning film ‘Sense and Sensibility’.
|Open for pre-booked tours only (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Last entry to the house is 30 minutes before closing.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print guide, Braille guides, scented plants.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor of house, garden and tea room.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant - Garden tea room, for 20. Light lunch and teas.
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction - house
- Max group size - 50
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction - garden
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - City centre pay and display car parks.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Group bookings accepted only during normal opening hours.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good234
- traceyg855Halesowen, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot openThursday, 24th September 2020Disappointed as this NT property isn’t one of the ones to be reopened and available to visit by prebooked tickets Read full review
- AubretiaRoyal Tunbridge Wells, United KingdomWonderful personal tour of Mompesson HouseSaturday, 29th May 2021Wonderful personal service by the Staff & Volunteers at Mompesson House. They have recently opened post Covid lockdown so there were only 4 guests at our time slot. The house, contents, art work and... Read full review
- annie20061Tidworth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely houseSunday, 6th June 2021Lovely house, one of the smaller National Trust properties, compact but beautiful and the gardens were well groomed. please leave plenty of time we thought we could park closer to the house. We had... Read full review