Mompesson House is currently closed. Please see the website for the most up-to-date information on closures: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/mompesson-house
The perfect Queen Anne townhouse. Imagine living here, walk down the fine oak staircase, enjoy the magnificent plasterwork and sit in the library.
See the fine furniture and important collection of 18th century drinking glasses. Mompesson House featured as Mrs Jennings’ London home in the award-winning film ‘Sense and Sensibility’.
There are peaceful gardens with tea room.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult 2020||£7.90 per ticket|
|Child 2020||£3.95 per ticket|
|Family 2020||£19.75 per ticket|
|Garden only adult||£1.00 per ticket|
|Garden only child||£0.75 per ticket|
|Garden only family||£3.75 per ticket|
|Gift Aid Adult 2020||£8.80|
|Gift Aid Child 2020||£4.40|
|Gift Aid Family 2020||£22.00|
|Groups Adult 2020||£7.50 per ticket|
Free to National Trust members with a valid membership card.
|2020 - Currently closed (7 Mar 2020 - 1 Nov 2020)|
|2020 winter (25 Nov 2020 - 20 Dec 2020)|
* *Currently closed*
Last entry to the house is 30 minutes before closing.
The house closes at 4pm from 25 October.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print guide, Braille guides, scented plants.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor of house, garden and tea room.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant - Garden tea room, for 20. Light lunch and teas.
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction - house
- Max group size - 50
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction - garden
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - City centre pay and display car parks.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Group bookings accepted only during normal opening hours.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good234
- SJC94Ashford, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBest National Trust Property visited in agesSunday, 1st December 2019I am not a member but felt the admission price was fair and no pressure was put on to join or pay gift aid unlike some other national trust properties. Special room cards made for Christmas and very... Read full review
- Yorkterrier01York, United KingdomLovely House and GardensSaturday, 11th January 2020This is a lovely National Trust property set in the heart of Salisbury with both interesting tooms and a well kept garden with a small tea room at the rear. I found its history interesting. Read full review
- Ljrm84Bournemouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelBest hot chocolate ever.Tuesday, 17th March 2020The best chocolate I have ever had in a NT place. Same ingredients as any other property but their magical hands made wonders. Lovely volunteers everywhere and everybody was very polite (despite the... Read full review