*Old Sarum will reopen on 13 June. You now need to book your timed tickets in advance. If you are a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance.
Visitor number limits will ne in place, along with other new steps to ensure everyone’s safety, and you won’t be able to visit without your booking confirmation.*
Situated just 2 miles north of where the city now stand the massive Iron Age Hill fort of Old Sarum was re-used by the Romans, Saxons and Normans before growing into one of the most flourishing settlements in medieval England.
See the ruins of a castle, cathedral and royal palace and enjoy views of the surrounding countryside.
The gift shop has a delicious range of ice-creams and exclusive English Heritage gifts and produce.
Wooden bows and arrows are also on sale to help the kids imagine what life was like all those years ago!
A great day out for families, heritage lovers and walkers.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Gift Aid||£4.70|
|Adult non Gift Aid||£4.20 per ticket|
|Child Gift Aid||£2.80|
|Child non Gift Aid||£2.50 per ticket|
|Concession Gift Aid||£4.20|
|Concession non Gift Aid||£3.80 per ticket|
|Family Gift Aid||£12.20|
|Family non Gift Aid||£11.70|
Please add the following copy into the Note section - The Gift Aid admission price includes a voluntary donation of 10%. Provided you have paid enough UK Income or Capital Gains Tax * (to cover all of your Gift Aid donations in this tax year), English Heritage is able to reclaim tax on the whole amount you have paid - that's 25p on every £1. This extra money enables us to undertake vital conservation and education projects and ensure that many of England's most important historic sites can continue to be enjoyed by future generations.
* Other taxes such as Council Tax and VAT do not apply.
|2020 (25 Mar 2020 - 30 Sept 2020)|
|2020 (1 Oct 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|2016/2021 (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
* Closed 24-26 December and 1 January.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop in shop.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Picnic Site
- Dogs Accepted
- Open All Year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Approx length of visit - 01:15
- In countryside
- Max group size - 150
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good637
- TheFash-HillsManchester, United KingdomA good place to visit for an hourWednesday, 16th September 2020Historic landmark with lots of information around. Great view looking over Salisbury. You do have to pay for parking though - can't tell you the price as I only realised I had to pay as we left. Read full review
- PushtiWakefield, United KingdomMassive hill, massive historySunday, 20th September 2020On approaching in the car we were amazed at the sheer size of the hill on which Old Sarum sits, it dominates the landscape in which it placed. The carpark is accessed up a narrow road to which there... Read full review
- Mr_Bee_Middlesex_UKMiddlesex, UKFabulous views across the countrysideTuesday, 22nd September 2020Great views of the surrounding area from the outer ring. At this point, all you need to pay for is the £3 car-park fee (all day). Plenty of people out walking their dogs and having picnics. To... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020