Old Wardour Castle is now open Weds-Sun. You will need to book your timed tickets in advance. If you’re a Member, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. There will be other new steps in place to ensure everyone’s safety, so your visit maybe a little different.
The unusual 14th century hexagonal castle was built for luxury living and lavish entertainment. Today it provides a picturesque lakeside setting for picnics and a relaxing day out.
An audio tour brings to life its long history and dramatic involvement in the Civil War.
Old Wardour is also used as a wedding venue.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Family||£11.70 per ticket|
|Adult||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child||£2.70 per ticket|
|Concession||£4.00 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
Prices may apply on event days for English Heritage members.
Please note, opening times and prices are subject to change, please check the website for details www.english-heritage.org.uk/oldsaru
|2020 - Currently Closed Until 1 May (25 Mar 2020 - 30 Sept 2020)|
|2020 (1 Oct 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|2016/2021 (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
* *Currently Closed Until 1 May*
Closed 24-26 December and 1 January.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop in ticket kiosk.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Carvings to touch.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Picnic Site
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - German; French
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 01:30
- In countryside
- Max group size - 100
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- French spoken
- German spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - free
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good103
- DornickLondon, United KingdomWonderfully atmosphericSaturday, 12th September 2020English Heritage staff very helpful and amiable. This is a wonderfully atmospheric property with a lake and grotto. Very historic . There were puffball mushrooms growing in the grounds. Loved every... Read full review
- ZBH88Stoke-on-Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyVery picturesqueSaturday, 12th September 2020A wonderfully picturesque castle with lovely views over a lake. The castle itself is quite intact in some parts and there is ample information on the various boards dotted around. Used as a setting... Read full review
- TammytmsFarnborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful castle!!Saturday, 19th September 2020Beautiful castle! Visited a few times now, love the grotto and the grounds. Excellent price for entry too. Read full review