Salisbury Museum is currently open Thursday to Sunday 11am to 4pm. Admission charges apply. Find out more.
The museum café is open Monday to Sunday 11am until 3pm.
Salisbury Museum is situated in the medieval King’s House, within the glorious setting of the Cathedral Close. The museum has fantastic collections, events and exhibitions year round. A new world-class gallery of archaeology houses one of Europe’s most extensive collections of Stonehenge and prehistoric artefacts. The King’s House Café serves lunches and cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£5.90 per ticket|
|Adult (Donation/Gift Aid)||£6.50 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£2.95 per ticket|
|Child (Donation/Gift Aid)||£3.23 per ticket|
|Disabled (Carer has free entry)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 4)||£15.00 per ticket|
|Family (Donation/Gift Aid)||£16.50 per ticket|
Donation Admissions can be tax effective if given under Gift Aid. Salisbury Museum can treat the whole amount paid as a donation and reclaim tax on the total. This amounts to an extra 25 per cent, potentially a very significant boost to Museum funds.
|Museum (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Cafe (12 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
* Please note museum is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years DayDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in the Lecture Hall.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Improved visual acuity, large print brief guides on request.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee shop type refreshments. Lunches.
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- No Smoking Attraction
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking essential.
- Festival of Archaeology 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good125
- 787JanAshford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA great place to learn moreSaturday, 10th October 2020We travelled to Salisbury to visit the museum as we had heard so much about it. The archaeology is amazing, spanning tens of thousands of years. So close to Stonehenge it’s a real opportunity to... Read full review
- Erithacus-rubeculaLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFascinating museum, excellent staffSunday, 11th October 2020We thought this museum was a lot smaller when we entered, and we had timed tickets to see the Cathedral so we only saw the very first room. But that room alone was enough to spend several hours in... Read full review
- kathjugglerDorset, United KingdomBehind the Scenes TourSunday, 18th October 2020My Mum and I very much enjoyed attending one of the Museum's "Behind the Scenes" tours. Moving from gallery to gallery, Museum Director Adrian Green presented the interesting stories of a selection... Read full review