Salisbury Museum is going to open to the public on Saturday 1 August, initially opening Thursday to Sunday, 11am to 4pm. For a limited period, the museum has also abolished their admission fees. Find out more.
Salisbury Museum Café will open everyday 11am-3pm and it will be part of the Eat Out to Help Out Government scheme.
Salisbury Museum is situated in the medieval King’s House, within the glorious setting of the Cathedral Close. The museum has fantastic collections, events and exhibitions year round. A new world-class gallery of archaeology houses one of Europe’s most extensive collections of Stonehenge and prehistoric artefacts. The King’s House Café serves lunches and cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Disabled (Carer has free entry)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 4)||£20.00 per ticket|
Donation Admissions can be tax effective if given under Gift Aid. Salisbury Museum can treat the whole amount paid as a donation and reclaim tax on the total. This amounts to an extra 25 per cent, potentially a very significant boost to Museum funds.
|Museum (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Cafe (12 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
* Please note museum is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years DayDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in the Lecture Hall.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Improved visual acuity, large print brief guides on request.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee shop type refreshments. Lunches.
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- No Smoking Attraction
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking essential.
- Festival of Archaeology 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good124
- abqsageFort Myers, FloridaOutstanding representation of Roman and Anglo-Saxon artifactsSaturday, 4th January 2020We visited the museum because it was advertised when we visited Stonehenge, and we thought it might have more information about the history of the area. We were so very pleased to find that it had... Read full review
- TricoWorcestershireWorcestershireAn Interesting Half DayMonday, 3rd February 2020We spent three hours here and then unfortunately ran out of time. Wish we had spent less time in the ancient history section as we had already seen Stonehenge and that would have left us more time... Read full review
- Barry SSt Albans, United KingdomSalisbury MuseumFriday, 14th February 2020A very interesting museum. We thoroughly enjoyed the gallery as well as the exhibits. There is a very small cafe where you can buy a drink and cake if wanted. Toilets are available inside the museum... Read full review