Salisbury Museum is situated in the medieval King’s House, within the glorious setting of the Cathedral Close. The museum has fantastic collections, events and exhibitions year round. A new world-class gallery of archaeology houses one of Europe’s most extensive collections of Stonehenge and prehistoric artefacts. The King’s House Café serves lunches and cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Adult (Donation/Gift Aid)||£8.80 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Child (Donation/Gift Aid)||£4.40 per ticket|
|Disabled (Carer has free entry)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 4)||£20.00 per ticket|
|Family (Donation/Gift Aid)||£22.00 per ticket|
Donation Admissions can be tax effective if given under Gift Aid. Salisbury Museum can treat the whole amount paid as a donation and reclaim tax on the total. This amounts to an extra 25 per cent, potentially a very significant boost to Museum funds.
|Closed (1 Jan 2021 - 16 May 2021)|
|2021 (17 May 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* The Museum re-opens on 17 May 2021 - pre-booking not required but admission charges apply.
Please note museum is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in the Lecture Hall.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Improved visual acuity, large print brief guides on request.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee shop type refreshments. Lunches.
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- No Smoking Attraction
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking essential.
- Festival of Archaeology 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good126
- kathjugglerDorset, United KingdomBehind the Scenes TourSunday, 18th October 2020My Mum and I very much enjoyed attending one of the Museum's "Behind the Scenes" tours. Moving from gallery to gallery, Museum Director Adrian Green presented the interesting stories of a selection... Read full review
- leighashford_Ashford, United Kingdomvery interestingMonday, 26th October 2020an excellent few hours out of the rain and very interesting as it was the only one open. But was nice to walk around. Read full review
- RichAndChelsGoPlacesSalisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful visitSunday, 20th December 2020We spent a great couple of hours at the Salisbury Museum. Nigel gave us an absolutely outstanding overview of some of the highlights of the museum and we couldn’t be more appreciative - thanks Nigel... Read full review