Salisbury Museum is situated in the medieval King’s House, within the glorious setting of the Cathedral Close. The museum has fantastic collections, events and exhibitions year round. A new world-class gallery of archaeology houses one of Europe’s most extensive collections of Stonehenge and prehistoric artefacts. The King’s House Café serves lunches and cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Adult (Donation/Gift Aid)||£8.80 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Child (Donation/Gift Aid)||£4.40 per ticket|
|Disabled (Carer has free entry)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 4)||£20.00 per ticket|
|Family (Donation/Gift Aid)||£22.00 per ticket|
Donation Admissions can be tax effective if given under Gift Aid. Salisbury Museum can treat the whole amount paid as a donation and reclaim tax on the total. This amounts to an extra 25 per cent, potentially a very significant boost to Museum funds.
|2021 (17 May 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Closed (1 Jan 2022 - 16 May 2022)|
* Please note museum is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in the Lecture Hall.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Improved visual acuity, large print brief guides on request.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee shop type refreshments. Lunches.
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- Min group size - 10
- No Smoking Attraction
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking essential.
- Festival of Archaeology 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good130
- ExprofiA delight in every wayMonday, 4th October 2021Fabulous Jacobean building directly opposite our most famous Gothic cathedral in an unspoilt Close, the Ultra-modern and award winning Wessex gallery was fabulously interesting for everyone, even the... Read full review
- 767valerieaTucson, ArizonaExcellent archeological exhibitWednesday, 6th October 2021If you are an archaeology buff, this small museum will give you so much information about Wessex/Wiltshire history as well as give you a taste of how Stonehenge was built. And Old Sarum. And the... Read full review
- lovetowander_co_ukBirmingham, United KingdomJust opposite the Cathedral - so easy to combine visits. Don't miss the Amesbury Archer!Friday, 8th October 2021A well organised museum just opposite Salisbury Cathedral, so it is easy to combine the two visits. The Amesbury Archer was the most interesting exhibit for me, but there is a lot more to discover... Read full review