Salisbury Museum is situated in the medieval King’s House, within the glorious setting of the Cathedral Close. The museum has fantastic collections, events and exhibitions year round. A new world-class gallery of archaeology houses one of Europe’s most extensive collections of Stonehenge and prehistoric artefacts. The King’s House Café serves lunches and cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Adult (Donation/Gift Aid)||£8.80 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Child (Donation/Gift Aid)||£4.40 per ticket|
|Disabled (Carer has free entry)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 4)||£20.00 per ticket|
|Family (Donation/Gift Aid)||£22.00 per ticket|
Donation Admissions can be tax effective if given under Gift Aid. Salisbury Museum can treat the whole amount paid as a donation and reclaim tax on the total. This amounts to an extra 25 per cent, potentially a very significant boost to Museum funds.
|2021 (17 May 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Closed (1 Jan 2022 - 16 May 2022)|
* Please note museum is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in the Lecture Hall.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Improved visual acuity, large print brief guides on request.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee shop type refreshments. Lunches.
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- No Smoking Attraction
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking essential.
- Festival of Archaeology 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good128
- urbanraccoonWolverhampton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA great collectionFriday, 9th July 2021Great place to visit, plenty of things to see inside, you definitely won't get bored. Cheap admission, well worth the money Read full review
- J2143XStratford-upon-Avon, United KingdomAlloow plenty of timeThursday, 15th July 2021Great museum with many interesting items from prehistoric up to more modern times. Surprised how long we spent here. Read full review
- Thorntons23Cambridge, UKHollyhocks and a sublime viewThursday, 22nd July 2021Where else can you eat on the front lawn, surrounded by hollyhocks and watch the peregrine falcons diving from the spire of a magnificent cathedral? In temperatures touching thirty degrees each day... Read full review