Salisbury has been allocated 4 behind closed doors race meetings up until the end of August. These will not be open to the general public. The dates allocated so far are Saturday 11 July, Sunday 9 August, Thursday 13 August and Friday 21 August. More dates are likely to follow in September.
Salisbury Racecourse is one of England’s most historic racecourses, racing having taken place at the picturesque downland course since the 16th century. Salisbury stages a number of meetings during the summer months when it successfully combines high quality racing with a friendly and enjoyable day out. Facilities include bars and catering outlets, and a big screen opposite the Stands. Accompanied children are always welcome at Salisbury Racecourse and entertainments for them are provided at the weekend and evening race meetings. Children under 16 get in FREE.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Bibury Enclosure||£25.00 per ticket|
|Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure||£17.00 per ticket|
|Sarum Enclosure||£10.00 per ticket|
Advanced booking rates available. T & Cs apply. Accompanied children aged under 18 get in free to all race meetings.
|2021 - All racing cancelled until at least 30 April. (26 Apr 2021 - 1 Oct 2021)|
* 16 race days scheduled in 2020 between Sunday 26 April and October.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Event Venue
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
Map & Directions
From Salisbury take A36 in direction of Wilton. Follow brown tourist signs to the Racecourse.
Public Transport Directions
Salisbury Railway Station is 4 miles away.Salisbury Racecourse provides a courtesy bus on racedays which makes one trip between the bus and rail stations and the Racecourse. The bus then returns 15 minutes after the last race. For specific times, contact the Racecourse in advance of a raceday.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good43
- juliespracksWeymouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFirst ever time in going to any race courseSunday, 4th August 2019Well what can we Say ..My husband took me to race course on 27th of July ... What an experience , we were made to feelvery welcome by Kimthe bar manager of the wessex bar very attentive to our... Read full review
- topconkerSalisbury, United KingdomGreat day outTuesday, 6th August 2019Always enjoy a day at the races and the ladies meeting is well worth a visit. Just as easy to lose your money though! Read full review
- Linda LTrip Type:CouplesA hidden gemSaturday, 14th September 2019I've visited many race courses in the UK but I have say I was very impressed with this hidden gem. I was made to feel welcomed by everyone I had contact with from the security staff, the tote staff... Read full review
- Visit England Visit England - Quality Assured Racecourse 2014