Stonehenge is the best-know prehistoric monument in Europe. It endures as a source of inspiration and fascination, and a place of worship and celebration.
A world-class visitor centre houses museum-quality permanent and special exhibitions, a café and spacious shop.
The Stone Circle sits at the top of the Avenue, the ancient approach to the site, and the surrounding landscape is open for exploration.
Entrance is managed through timed tickets, and advanced booking is strongly advised. Pre-booking gives guaranteed entrance on the day and at the time of your choice; there is limited walk-up availability.
Stone Circle Experiences
A Stone Circle Experience at Stonehenge gives you a unique opportunity to be up close to this world-famous monument and wander amongst the ancient stones. Walking between the standing and fallen stones is an awe-inspiring experience, allowing you to marvel at the incredible ingenuity required to construct this 4,500 year old monument.
The visits take place outside of our normal opening hours, most mornings and evenings. Each visit lasts for one hour, with a maximum of 30 people per session. Where a group is more than 15 people the group will be divided into two with 30 minutes within the stone circle itself and 30 minutes around it. This will be managed by your English Heritage host.
Do you have a special event in mind, such as an anniversary, birthday or maybe a proposal of marriage in a unique location? It is possible to make a group booking or even arrange exclusive access. Find out more about Stone Circle Experiences.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult | with donation||£21.50 per person per day|
|Adult | without donation||£19.50 per person per day|
|Child (5-17 years) | with donation||£12.90 per person per day|
|Child (5-17 years) | without donation||£11.70 per person per day|
|Concession | with donation||£19.40 per person per day|
|Concession | without donation||£17.60 per person per day|
|Family(1 adult up to 3 children) | with donation||£34.40 per ticket|
|Family(1 adult up to 3 children) without donation||£31.20 per ticket|
|Family(2 adults up to 3 children) with donation||£55.90 per ticket|
|Family(2 adults up to 3 children) without donation||£50.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|Daily opening (29 May 2021 - 31 Aug 2021)|
|Daily opening (1 Sept 2021 - 31 Mar 2022)|
* 25 Dec Closed
20th & 21st June & 21 December – opening times are subject to change due to Solstice
Last entry 2 hours before closing.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Italian audio guide
- Japanese audio guide
- Korean audio guide
- Mandarin audio guide
- Polish audio guide
- Portuguese audio guide - Brazilian Portuguese
- Russian audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant - A 300-seater café serves hot and cold drinks, soup, sandwiches, cakes, salads and other sweet and savoury delicacies. Visitors can enjoy countryside views while eating delicious food, either inside or outside, where there is additional seating and tables under the dappled shade of the canopy roof.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - Audio Commentary in English and Foreign Languages, subject to availability and a fee.
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance dogs welcome throughout. Dogs on leads allowed around the outside of the visitor centre. Dogs also welcome on National Trust land.
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - A 2 hour visit is recommended. This provides sufficient time to explore the visitor centre, with its internal and external exhibitions and its greatly improved facilities, and to take the 20-minute round-trip journey to and from the Stone Circle.
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - Parking is available on site. This is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders. A parking ticket is required if you are not visiting Stonehenge itself. These can be bought from ticket kiosks on site.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Mandarin printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Education group visits must be pre-booked, call +44 (0) 370 333 0606 for further details.
- Postcard from Stonehenge
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4066
- NaomiNDaltonBarrow-in-Furness, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazingMonday, 7th June 2021Amazing Always wanted to go breath taking Spiritual Would recommend anyone who struggles to walk to use the buses provided Read full review
- I4996RBjoannapBrough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic Day out for NT or English Heritage membersTuesday, 8th June 2021We booked the night before the 9.30am slot and we had most of the place to ourselves. There was a choice of walking which we did on the way there as it was an easy flat walk around 30 mins and took... Read full review
- RichardWiggettMalvern Hills, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat day outWednesday, 9th June 2021Really good day out. From arriving on site, to the museum area, live show, nice walk up to and and around the stones before getting the bus back. Really impressive and well done in these recent covid... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021