*Stonehenge currently closed until 1 May*
Stonehenge is the best-know prehistoric monument in Europe. It endures as a source of inspiration and fascination, and a place of worship and celebration.
A world-class visitor centre houses museum-quality permanent and special exhibitions, a café and spacious shop.
The Stone Circle sits at the top of the Avenue, the ancient approach to the site, and the surrounding landscape is open for exploration.
Entrance is managed through timed tickets, and advanced booking is strongly advised. Pre-booking gives guaranteed entrance on the day and at the time of your choice; there is limited walk-up availability.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid)||£19.00 per ticket|
|Child Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid)||£11.40 per ticket|
|Concession Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid)||£17.10 per ticket|
|Family Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid) 2 + 3||£49.40 per ticket|
Above prices are for pre-booked tickets via green button above through VisitWiltshire (advance booking is strongly recommended to guarantee entry) English Heritage and National Trust members admitted free. Please note: All Travel Trade, paying group and education group visits must be pre-booked.
|Open New Year|
* *Stonehenge currently closed until 1 May*
26 Dec & 1 Jan, 10am-5pm
24-25 Dec Closed
2018 Closed days-
On the 22nd June for Summer Solstice it will not open until 11:30
Last admission is 2 hours before the advertised closing time.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Italian audio guide
- Japanese audio guide
- Mandarin audio guide
- Polish audio guide
- Russian audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant - A 110-seater counter service café serves hot and cold drinks, soup, sandwiches, cakes, salads and other sweet and savoury delicacies. Visitors can enjoy countryside views while eating delicious food, either inside or outside, where there is additional seating and tables for 60 people under the dappled shade of the canopy roof.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - Audio Commentary in English and Foreign Languages, subject to availability and a fee.
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance dogs welcome throughout. Dogs on leads allowed around the outside of the visitor centre. Dogs also welcome on National Trust land.
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - A 2 hour visit is recommended. This provides sufficient time to explore the visitor centre, with its internal and external exhibitions and its greatly improved facilities, and to take the 20-minute round-trip journey to and from the Stone Circle.
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - Parking is available on site. This is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders. A parking ticket is required if you are not visiting Stonehenge itself. These can be bought from ticket kiosks on site.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Mandarin printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Education group visits must be pre-booked, call +44 (0) 370 333 0606 for further details.
- Postcard from Stonehenge
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good4022
- PrestonGuildUnited KingdomStonehengeSunday, 15th March 2020Built by druids thousands of years ago. Now run by English Heritage as a money spinner. Apparently the high ticket prices are for maintaining the stones, which happened sometime in the early to mid... Read full review
- Chris AStuttgart, GermanyWhy pay to see Stonehenge....Thursday, 26th March 2020When we arrived at the main Stonehenge tour center, we found that it was to cost $50 for the two of us to catch a shuttle out to see the site. After looking at the map, we drove up a dirt road and... Read full review
- Kerrem520Melbourne, AustraliaMemorizingFriday, 3rd April 2020I was so fascinated by Stonehenge, to some it is a pile of rocks but to me fascinating, well worth the drive out. Read full review