*Stonehenge will open on 4 July. You now need to book your timed tickets in advance. There will be other new steps in place to ensure everyone’s safety, so your visit will be a little different. If you’re a Member or Local Resident Pass holder, your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance. Find out more.*
Stonehenge is the best-know prehistoric monument in Europe. It endures as a source of inspiration and fascination, and a place of worship and celebration.
A world-class visitor centre houses museum-quality permanent and special exhibitions, a café and spacious shop.
The Stone Circle sits at the top of the Avenue, the ancient approach to the site, and the surrounding landscape is open for exploration.
Entrance is managed through timed tickets, and advanced booking is strongly advised. Pre-booking gives guaranteed entrance on the day and at the time of your choice; there is limited walk-up availability.
Summer Explorer Quest
If you're visiting Stonehenge with children during the summer holidays, they can take part in a new self-guided trail. Take a look at the Stonehenge Summer Quest Booklet and get going on your adventure!
Stone Circle Experiences
A Stone Circle Experience at Stonehenge gives you a unique opportunity to be up close to this world-famous monument and wander amongst the ancient stones. Walking between the standing and fallen stones is an awe-inspiring experience, allowing you to marvel at the incredible ingenuity required to construct this 4,500 year old monument.
The visits take place outside of our normal opening hours, most mornings and evenings. Each visit lasts for one hour, with a maximum of 30 people per session. Where a group is more than 15 people the group will be divided into two with 30 minutes within the stone circle itself and 30 minutes around it. This will be managed by your English Heritage host.
Do you have a special event in mind, such as an anniversary, birthday or maybe a proposal of marriage in a unique location? It is possible to make a group booking or even arrange exclusive access. Find out more about Stone Circle Experiences.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid)||£19.00 per ticket|
|Child Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid)||£11.40 per ticket|
|Concession Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid)||£17.10 per ticket|
|Family Advance Ticket (Non Gift Aid) 2 + 3||£49.40 per ticket|
Above prices are for pre-booked tickets via green button above through VisitWiltshire (advance booking is strongly recommended to guarantee entry) English Heritage and National Trust members admitted free. Please note: All Travel Trade, paying group and education group visits must be pre-booked.
|Open New Year|
* *Stonehenge currently closed until 1 May*
26 Dec & 1 Jan, 10am-5pm
24-25 Dec Closed
2018 Closed days-
On the 22nd June for Summer Solstice it will not open until 11:30
Last admission is 2 hours before the advertised closing time.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Italian audio guide
- Japanese audio guide
- Mandarin audio guide
- Polish audio guide
- Russian audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant - A 110-seater counter service café serves hot and cold drinks, soup, sandwiches, cakes, salads and other sweet and savoury delicacies. Visitors can enjoy countryside views while eating delicious food, either inside or outside, where there is additional seating and tables for 60 people under the dappled shade of the canopy roof.
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - Audio Commentary in English and Foreign Languages, subject to availability and a fee.
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance dogs welcome throughout. Dogs on leads allowed around the outside of the visitor centre. Dogs also welcome on National Trust land.
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - A 2 hour visit is recommended. This provides sufficient time to explore the visitor centre, with its internal and external exhibitions and its greatly improved facilities, and to take the 20-minute round-trip journey to and from the Stone Circle.
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - Parking is available on site. This is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders. A parking ticket is required if you are not visiting Stonehenge itself. These can be bought from ticket kiosks on site.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Mandarin printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Education group visits must be pre-booked, call +44 (0) 370 333 0606 for further details.
- Postcard from Stonehenge
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good4053
- AndrewCatleyEssex, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesUniqueSunday, 20th September 2020Having only driven passed Stonehenge once, I was really looking forward to seeing it up close. My wife remembers sitting on the stones late 60’s/early 70’s as a young girl. It was well organised with... Read full review
- PushtiWakefield, United KingdomUtterly STUNNING Stonehenge!!!Sunday, 20th September 2020I finally got to visit Stonehenge at the age of 45 and it certainly did impress. It may be small in size but makes up for it in massive stones set in a wonderfully ancient landscape. The exhibition... Read full review
- dustybin335Norfolk, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRIP offSunday, 20th September 2020Thought we’d stop by here on our way past , traffic was terrible , place is a rip off over 20 quid per head , couldn’t even get close enough to touch the mystical stones , never again , waste of time... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020