Wilton House home to the Earls of Pembroke since 1544, contains one of the finest art collections in Europe and offers a fascinating insight into British history. The 21 acres of landscaped parkland, including four formal gardens, run down to the River Nadder. An exciting adventure playground provides fun for the younger visitors and there are quizzes in the house and the grounds.
Throughout the year there is a programme of special events.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Grounds||£6.50 per ticket|
|Adult House and Grounds||£15.50 per ticket|
|Child (5-15) House and Grounds(5-15 yrs)||£8.00 per ticket|
|Child Grounds||£5.00 per ticket|
|Concession Gardens||£6.00 per ticket|
|Concession House and Grounds||£13.25 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children) Grounds||£18.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children) House and Grounds (2+2)||£38.50 per ticket|
Under 5s free.
|2020 Openings - Grounds - April (5 Apr 2020 - 19 Apr 2020)|
|2020 Openings - House - Bank Holiday Easter Weekend (10 Apr 2020 - 13 Apr 2020)|
|2020 Openings - House (Sunday-Thursday) (8 May 2020 - 6 Sept 2020)|
|2020 Openings - Grounds (Sunday-Thursday) (8 May 2020 - 6 Sept 2020)|
|Wilton Grounds Summer 2020 (8 May 2020 - 6 Sept 2020)|
* House also open on Bank Holiday Saturdays during the opening season (9 May, 23 May, 29 August 2020).
Gardens also open Easter Bank Holiday weekend on Friday 10 April and Saturday 11 April
The Dining Room, South Ante and Library will also be open on:
23 May - 25 May 2020
7 June - 9 July 2020
29 August - 31 August 2020
Please Note: The House & Grounds may be closed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check the website or telephone us before making a long journey.
The Cecil Beaton Studio Archive at Sotheby's is also open Sundays to Thursdays and Bank Holiday Saturdays (11.00am to 5.30pm) from 5 April to 19 April 2020 and from 8 May to 6 September 2020, plus Easter weekend.
Lord Pembroke's Classic Car Collection is also open Sundays to Thursdays and Bank Holiday Saturdays (11.00am to 5pm) from 10 April to 13 April 2020 and from 8 May to 6 September 2020, plus Easter weekend.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loop in film.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant - Fully licensed self-service restaurant.
- Picnic Site
- Event Venue
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Approx length of visit - 90 minutes for the house.
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - both indoor and outdoor
- Max group size - 150
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction - both indoor and outdoor
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Spanish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Booking essential - booking essential for groups
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - on production of ID
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - specialist tours for a minimum group of 15 plus extra charge
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Pre-booking preferred.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good130
- Pascal BAalst, BelgiumWondrous Wiltshire estate.Monday, 9th September 2019Wednesday, the 24th of July 2019, That morning, after having breakfast at our guest adress, we arrived too early for a visit to Wilton House, stately home to the Earls of Pembroke since the 1540's... Read full review
- Peter EWilton, United KingdomVisit to the Adventire PlaygroundWednesday, 9th October 2019Great for families with youngsters who want to climb trees, go down slides and have fun. rthe restaurant is close by so you can have a cup of tea and keep an eye on the children. Read full review
- TravelwithRTrier, GermanyBeautiful House and GardenThursday, 21st November 2019Perfect place for a day trip. The staff was very nice and could answer all our questions regarding the house. Read full review