The Kenavon Venture is a purpose built public trip boat. lt is 60 feet long and 10 feet wide and has spacious seating for up to 40 passengers (currently restricted to 36 passengers owing to Covid-19 restrictions). It is operated by volunteers of the Kennet and Avon Canal Trust. A licensed bar, refreshments and a toilet are available on board.
If the trip is a catered trip, such as one of our successful music evenings which include a fish and chip supper, numbers are restricted to 36, any more makes for an uncomfortable trip!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket|
|Child||£5.00 per ticket|
|Children Under 3||Free|
|Family (2 Adults and 2 Children)||£19.00 per ticket|
|Senior||£7.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (27 Mar 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Departing at 11:30 - Returning at 13:30
Departing at 14:30 - Returning at 16:30
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3 - The Kenavon Venture accepts children of all ages, but they must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Capacity limit - The Kenavon Venture is currently operating to a Covid-maximum passenger capacity.
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment only - Contactless payment is encouraged and requested for all transactions
- Contactless payment possible - there is a contactless payment facility on the boat, and bookings via the website.
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors - cleaned after every trip. Deeper cleaning occurs weekly.
- Face masks available for visitors
- Facilities must be booked - Pre-booking is recommended
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions - Pets are only allowed on Kenavon Venture at the discretion of the skipper of the trip.
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Dogs Accepted - only permitted at the discretion of the skipper of the trip
- Free car parking - Only on Sundays
- On-site coach parking - There is nearby coach parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe - There is a Trust-owned café at Devizes Wharf
- Approx length of visit - A typical public trip on the Kenavon Venture lasts a little less than 2 hours
- In town/city centre - operates within the town of Devizes
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking - coach parking in an adjacent car park
- On Bus Route - located in the centre of Devizes on public bus routes
- On site parking - there is a large car park at Devizes Wharf
- Parking (charge) - Parking charges apply Monday – Saturday
- Parking (free) - free on sundays
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash accepted - only accepted if contactless payments cannot be made
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Educational trips are accepted in conjunction with an established CRT programme