Oldbury Tours provide bespoke guided tours of the prehistoric sites of Wiltshire including Stonehenge and Avebury for small groups of up to six. Tours are led by local guide Laurence who loves to share his lifelong passion for the glorious county of Wiltshire: its countryside and its many ancient relics. His enthusiasm is backed up by a degree in archaeology and classics. The tours can be taken entirely by seven seat car or can involve a combination of driving and walking.
Some of the lesser known sites can only be visited on foot although the world famous sites of Stonehenge, Avebury and Silbury Hill for example are all easily accessible by car.
Tours run all year and in all weathers and are available either as full or half day excursions. Full day tours involve lunch in a traditional English pub or in one of Wiltshire’s superb cafes/tearooms. The bespoke nature of Oldbury Tours means all tours are tailored to the group’s individual requirements and are designed to be as flexible as possible. Oldbury Tours will pick up from local accommodation or arrival point and return to same so there are no extra transport costs. Entry to Stonehenge is included in the price of each tour unless not required. Prices from £50 per person.
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Tours are provided for groups of one to six
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- M1959KGnickhTrip Type:Solo travelFascinating in-depth walking tour of places others don't get to seeThursday, 28th July 2022This tour was everything I'd hoped it would be. Laurence took me off the beaten track to Neolithic sites around Avebury and the Ridgeway that many people don't make the effort to see - highlights... Read full review
- Barbara SKrakow, PolandTrip Type:Familyvery reliableMonday, 26th September 2022We had a private tour with Oldbury Tours, organized according to our own plan. Laurence was extremely helpful and patient, as we had some difficulties to stick to our initial plan due to covid... Read full review
- 429leighzTrip Type:FamilyPerfect Tour - Despite Rain, Wind, and ColdSunday, 15th January 2023Laurence was able to fit all our “must-sees” into our tour. He didn’t let a cold, rainy, and windy day stop us from fully experiencing Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, and Lacock. Laurence shared so... Read full review