Oldbury Tours provide bespoke guided tours of the prehistoric sites of Wiltshire including Stonehenge and Avebury for small groups of up to six. Tours are led by local guide Laurence who loves to share his lifelong passion for the glorious county of Wiltshire: its countryside and its many ancient relics. His enthusiasm is backed up by a degree in archaeology and classics. The tours can be taken entirely by seven seat car or can involve a combination of driving and walking.
Some of the lesser known sites can only be visited on foot although the world famous sites of Stonehenge, Avebury and Silbury Hill for example are all easily accessible by car.
Tours run all year and in all weathers and are available either as full or half day excursions. Full day tours involve lunch in a traditional English pub or in one of Wiltshire’s superb cafes/tearooms. The bespoke nature of Oldbury Tours means all tours are tailored to the group’s individual requirements and are designed to be as flexible as possible. Oldbury Tours will pick up from local accommodation or arrival point and return to same so there are no extra transport costs. Entry to Stonehenge is included in the price of each tour unless not required. Prices from £50 per person.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Tours are provided for groups of one to six
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Explore785324Neolithic History Comes AliveWednesday, 27th February 2019When you walk in a pasture, have you ever wondered who walked that same path 1,000 years ago? How they lived? Who they loved? Laurence can make all that history come alive for you! His passion... Read full review
- 310jacquelinenTrip Type:CouplesPerfect Tour Guide of Ancient BritainFriday, 2nd August 2019Laurence Davies will keep you engaged and brings a depth of understanding and thoughtfulness to his tours. We explored Avebury, Silbury Hill, The Sanctuary, as well as an active archaeological dig... Read full review
- bauto1Wichita, KansasTrip Type:CouplesPrivate custom tour of Wiltshire and my ancestral sitesMonday, 20th January 2020Mr. Davies provided my partner and I an exceptional “ancestry” tour of Wiltshire. He arranged for us to be picked up and returned to our club in London for the day by private car. This was very... Read full review