Longleat, nestled within 900 acres of ‘Capability’ Brown landscaped grounds, is home to the UK’s original Safari Park, one of the best examples of Elizabethan architecture, and an abundance of exciting attractions including Jungle Kingdom and Animal Adventure where you can get up-close and personal with truly amazing animals.
Immerse yourself amongst Longleat’s incredible animals on a visit to the UK’s original Safari Park. With six and a half miles of Drive-through experience, there’s plenty to look out for.
Start your safari at the African Village where you can get up-close to their graceful giraffe, take a walk amongst their adorable lemurs or seek out the fascinating wallabies before setting off on your exhilarating Drive-through expedition. Dare to face their cheeky monkeys in the Monkey Drive-through, survey the African Plains and look out for the mighty rhino, camel and deer before entering the Big Cats where you’ll glimpse their powerful tigers, majestic lions and nimble cheetahs.
Jump on board the Longleat Railway for an exciting ride around the park and take a trip on the Jungle Cruise boat, where you’ll experience the thrill of their sea lions as they swim alongside you plus an unmissable opportunity to see their magnificent gorillas.
Meet their playful meerkats in Jungle Kingdom as they scamper around your feet and hand-feed their gorgeous lorikeets in Monkey Temple before exploring Penguin Island for an intimate encounter with these remarkable creatures.
Escape into a world of exploration and fun! Let the kids run riot in the incredible Adventure Castle, complete with rope bridges, zip wires, slides and a Medieval keep. Younger adventurers will love discovering their enchanting new play area, Little Explorer’s Garden, with four fun-filled zones, come and play!
Lose yourself in the famous Longleat Hedge Maze and join in the mayhem on their Rockin’ Rhino ride.
Longleat House and Grounds
You’ll be taken aback by the impressive Longleat House, where you can step back through over 450 years of history. Did you know it’s one of the finest Elizabethan stately homes in the country? The family still live in parts of the house, but 15 spectacular rooms are open for public viewing.
Take it all in at your own pace or join a guided tour through the Great Hall, Red Library, State Dining Room and Saloon. As you explore, be sure to seek out and admire the fantastic collection of artworks, paintings, tapestries and furniture that have been collected over generations.
Longleat hosts many special events throughout the year, including the return of the Food Festival, the hot air balloon extravaganza, Sky Safari, which was the largest annual balloon event of 2017 and a celebration of autumn.
If you’re visiting over the festive period, you’ll be truly enchanted by the ever-popular Festival of Light. The grounds come alive with colour and light as a display of giant Chinese lanterns take up residence across the park.
For full details and to save up to 15%, book online at www.longleat.co.uk
Adult Day Ticket (16yrs+): £33.95
Child Day Ticket (3-15yrs): £25.45
Senior Day Ticket: £26.95
Under 3s: Free
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult day ticket||£34.95 per ticket|
|Child day ticket (3-15 years)||£26.20 per ticket|
|Senior day ticket||£31.45 per ticket|
You are able to make a 15% saving when purchasing tickets online at our website www.longleat.co.uk
|2019 - 2022 (16 Feb 2021 - 5 Jan 2022)|
* Please visit the Longleat website for more details and opening times.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - Applicable to Longleat House only
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - All day
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Longleat House
- Max group size - Unlimited
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Booking essential - For Groups
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - Twelve
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates - see website or phone for details
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens - House VIP Tours during winter months. Pre booking essential (Tel: 01985 845420 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Talks by keepers in Animal Adventure including Educational talks when booked and daily bird shows
- Educational Visits Accepted - See www.longleat.co.uk for educational resources
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Safari VIP Tours plus Animal Adventure VIP Tours: see www.longleat.co.uk for details.
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 12
- Packed lunches available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Longleat is just off the A36 between Bath and Salisbury (A362 Warminster - Frome road)
From the south-east: M3 (J8) - A303 - A36 towards Bath Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome.
From the south west: A303 in a London direction - A350 towards Warminster - A36 towards Bath - Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome.
From the north: M4 (J18) - A46 towards Bath - A36 towards Salisbury - Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest train station, Warminster, is approximately 5 miles from Longleat.
Warminster is on the Cardiff to Portsmouth line.
Westbury station is approximately 12 miles from Longleat and connects directly with London, being on the Paddington to Penzance line.
Both train stations are serviced by taxis which will bring you directly to Longleat.
For details on train times please contact the National Rail Enquiry line on 08457 484950 or visit their website www.nationalrail.co.uk
The following taxi firms work from Warminster and/or Westbury train stations:
Starline Taxis: +44 (0) 1985 212215
AAA Taxis: +44 (0) 1985 846674
DJ's Taxi's +44 (0) 1985 215151
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good1843
- Kathryn PTrip Type:FamilyExcellent vip safariTuesday, 29th December 2020Today we did a winter bronze vip safari and even though we have done one before a long time ago we had the most amazing time. Our guide Mike was amazing and we went round the animals in the wrong... Read full review
- Wendy ESmall in size but big on sparkle, colour and atmosphericsTuesday, 29th December 2020If you thought or think Land of Lights is the Annual Longleat light Festival think again, it isn't. It's totally different, smaller in scale but big on sparkle, colour and atmospherics. I had no... Read full review
- IZZ9191DisappointingWednesday, 13th January 2021Visited the light show at Longleat in December 2020, this was a 4 hour round trip for approximately a 30 minute trail with a lot of queuing on the way round. The tickets were also the same price as... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous British Travel Awards 2012 - Best UK Leisure Attraction - Silver 2012
- Regional and Miscellaneous South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2013 - Best Large Visitor Attraction - Gold 2014
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020