Home to the UK's original Safari Park, Longleat offers a great day out for family and friends. Discover a range of exciting wildlife and stunning grounds today!
Explore the Safari Drive-through and be entertained by the infamous Rhesus monkeys as they clamber over cars. Continue on your journey across continents observing a range of carnivores from the big cats to the hyena and pack of wolves as they roam free in their open enclosures creating up close encounters you’ll never forget.
The exotic species continue as you explore the main park with squeal-inducing koalas to the endearing red panda. Walk with the meerkats, discover our Cuban crocodiles and watch the charming giant otters play in their underwater viewing enclosure.
Feel the weight of a rainbow lorikeet as it lands on your hand to drink nectar in Monkey Temple. See how agile the sea lions are as you throw fish to them, observe our mighty gorillas and try to spot our two hippos on the Jungle Cruise boat trip.
Marvel at Longleat House’s architecture, one of the finest examples of Elizabethan architecture in Britain, and wander around the grounds and formal gardens at your leisure.
Let energetic children explore a medieval fortress in the Adventure Castle, enjoy a Rockin’ Rhino ride, race to find the centre of the Hedge Maze then, take a breath, and board the miniature Longleat Railway for a relaxing journey around the Park’s scenic woodland.
Book now to visit the UK’s number one Safari Park with England’s only koalas!
|Adult (16+ years)
|£34.95 per ticket
|Child (3 to 15 years)
|£26.20 per ticket
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (1 Feb 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Please visit the Longleat website for more details and opening times.
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages - Applicable to Longleat House only
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - All day
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Longleat House
- Max group size - Unlimited
- Min group size - Twelve
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Booking essential - For Groups
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates - see website or phone for details
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens - House VIP Tours during winter months. Pre booking essential (Tel: 01985 845420 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Talks by keepers in Animal Adventure including Educational talks when booked and daily bird shows
- Educational Visits Accepted - See www.longleat.co.uk for educational resources
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Safari VIP Tours plus Animal Adventure VIP Tours: see www.longleat.co.uk for details.
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 12
- Packed lunches available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Longleat is just off the A36 between Bath and Salisbury (A362 Warminster - Frome road)
From the south-east: M3 (J8) - A303 - A36 towards Bath Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome.
From the south west: A303 in a London direction - A350 towards Warminster - A36 towards Bath - Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome.
From the north: M4 (J18) - A46 towards Bath - A36 towards Salisbury - Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest train station, Warminster, is approximately 5 miles from Longleat.
Warminster is on the Cardiff to Portsmouth line.
Westbury station is approximately 12 miles from Longleat and connects directly with London, being on the Paddington to Penzance line.
Both train stations are serviced by taxis which will bring you directly to Longleat.
For details on train times please contact the National Rail Enquiry line on 08457 484950 or visit their website www.nationalrail.co.uk
The following taxi firms work from Warminster and/or Westbury train stations:
Starline Taxis: +44 (0) 1985 212215
AAA Taxis: +44 (0) 1985 846674
DJ's Taxi's +44 (0) 1985 215151
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1943
- Chelsea-Ellen PFantastic Bucket List day at Longleat! Precious memories!Monday, 26th February 2024We took my Mum to Longleat along with friends and family for my mums bicket list memories and went on the VIP jeep safari tour. We had two jeeps Dave was one tour guide and Tammy the other. The whole... Read full review
- laney139Westbury, United KingdomHalf term funMonday, 26th February 2024Visited during half term. The event on in the Longhouse were great. It was nice to see Longleat supporting local businesses with sand art and pottery painting. These were also not expensive... Read full review
- Chris JLovely experience at longleat, even though out of seasonTuesday, 27th February 2024Visited with amily on tour of west, as kids wanted to see zoo from tv. Nice place, we opted against doing the driving safari but still lots to do. Would recommend waiting for boat trip queue moves... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous British Travel Awards 2012 - Best UK Leisure Attraction - Silver 2012
- Regional and Miscellaneous South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2013 - Best Large Visitor Attraction - Gold 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021