An unforgettable 5 star rated off road experience for your family and friends.
Salisbury Plain Safaris was founded in 2015 to provide an exciting activity for visitors to Wiltshire, Salisbury and Stonehenge.
We use our Luxury Land Rover Defender 110 to host tours of up to 6 guests. Our tours are tailored on an individual basis and are based around the following themes;
Nature and wildlife, history, the military and off roading.
All of our tours will include a refreshment break and chances to get out and explore an area and record some of your memories.
Each tour is a unique experience, from the changing seasons to the different ways the plain is used by the military, there is always plenty to see and do. When you join us some of the things you can hope to see include the armed forces training areas and hopefully some tanks and helicopters. History from all the way back in the Stone Age then exploring the hidden clues which show how life has evolved and shaped the landscape to present day. Most of Salisbury Plain is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and so contains rare plant life, populations of rare wild birds including the famous Great Bustard, and an unspoilt landscape that is unique in UK. Our spectacular views are many but culminate at 220m above sea level with a view to the borders of Gloucestershire. Our Guide will tell local stories including that of Winnie the Pooh and The Robbers Stone and of course to top it off we have miles of green lane off roading, muddy puddles, natural lumps and bumps which are guests describe as “like a rollercoaster” to add some thrills and blow away the cobwebs. For the guests who prefer the calmer tours quiet routes are also available.
Guests will be collected from a pre-arranged meeting point and taken by road or track to parts of the Plain that are simply not accessible to cars and buses, from our tours you will see wildlife that only exists on the plain, spectacular views of Europe’s largest chalk downland and the UK’s largest military training area.
If all that wasn’t enough, please talk to us as we can offer various bespoke tours including Stonehenge, specialist subjects, catering, pre and post tour food options, accommodation, and alternative pick-up points, you only have to ask.
Make sure you bring sensible clothes if you want to leave our air conditioned Land Rover as the British weather is always interesting! On the bright side, you will be able to see the weather coming, from the top of Urchfont Hill and on clear days, you can see the whole of the Pewsey Vale. With binoculars (don’t worry you can borrow ours) you also can see three of the famous white horses.
Throw in some rutted tracks, deep puddles and bumpy roads and you have all the makings of an exciting adventure to tell your friends and family about. To become a part of the action, join us on Facebook and Twitter or visit our website and blog at www.salisburyplainsafaris.co.uk.
If you are visiting Salisbury Plain Safaris, why no visit our new partnership with The Bustard Tea Rooms, less than 3 miles from Stonehenge, open weekends 12-5pm and serving gorgeous home cooked foods, from soups and cakes to coffees and cream teas, The Bustard is available for party bookings and also plays host to large groups who are fed and watered while various party members head out on our tours.
As a small family business Salisbury Safaris has been offering tours on “The Plain” since 2014 and as such our tour guide James can provides a unique insight into the area while catering for groups of any ages, from visiting tourists to local families, Hen parties to reunions. Meeting the amazing people who are visiting the area is one of the greatest joys of running Salisbury Plain Safaris and sharing this incredible landscape with you is something we look forward to deeply.
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open all year to bookings. Tours are arranged on an individual basis please email for availability.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Packed lunch available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accommodation nearby
- Accommodation on site
- Cater for Corporate events
- Experience level - beginner
- First Aid
- Fitness level required - low
- Free car parking
- Fully qualified instructors
- Insurance included
- Lockers available
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Route maps available
- Stag and Hen Parties
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
As we are a licenced tour operator in Wiltshire we can arrange to collect you from anywhere you choose (within 5miles of our base it is free). Alternatively you can meet us at The Bustard, SP3 4DU. To get there follow the signs to Stonehenge, at the Stonehenge roundabout continue straight on towards Shrewton and Larkhill. You will see the big blue sign to the bustard at the next crossroads.
Public Transport Directions
As we are a licenced tour operator in Wiltshire we can arrange to collect you from anywhere you choose (within 5miles of our base it is free).
To get to us the simplest way is to catch the Number two bus from Salisbury approx. 40min and get dropped off in Shrewton Village. We can collect you from there. Alternatively you can jump onto one of the Stonehenge bus routes and we can collect you after your visit to the world famous site.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Ben STrip Type:FamilyGreat Fun - even for localsSaturday, 25th January 2020We had a fabulous few hours exploring the Plain in the company of James who was an excellent guide with an encyclopaedic knowledge of his subject, ranging from wildlife to archaeology to army camps... Read full review
- 215belindamSt. Albans, United KingdomGreat landrovering across Salisbury PlainMonday, 30th May 2022We learned so much on this fun birthday trip. James is an excellent guide, tailoring where we went and what we did to what we four are interested in - fascinating history, geology and great views... Read full review
- LizJ651Leeds, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat bustardsMonday, 24th April 2023Perfect safari, expertly tailored to meet our requests. James is a great host and found us cracking views of great bustards displaying and in flight, as well as just strutting their stuff. Also saw... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021