Superbly located five miles from the M4 between Bath and Swindon. This 400-year-old coaching inn has been sympathetically extended to include a gym, indoor pool, courtyard garden and bedroom wing. The addition of a stylish new brasserie, bar and lounge create the ideal surroundings to entertain for business or pleasure. Free Wi-Fi is available in all areas of the hotel and garden. Motor racing at Castle Combe, Badminton Horse Trials (May), Longleat Safari Park, Swindon designer shopping village and new Thermae Spa - Bath. Free parking for 50 cars.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £99.85 to £137.85 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite bathroom||from £128.85 to £144.85 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £79.85 to £115.85 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with en suite bathroom||from £99.85 to £137.85 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Additional meal details - On request.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - 7am to 10am on all days.
- Serve evening meal - Restaurant Monday-Sunday 6.30pm-9pm.
- Serve lunch - Casual dining restaurant and lounges 12noon-2.30pm daily. Sunday traditional lunch 12noon-3.30pm.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - Cots, phone listening, menus.
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - Seated meals for up to 100, garden for photos.
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax at reception.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - Not to be left in building when guests are out.
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 300 yr old coaching inn.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Gym - running machine, steppers and others. Air-conditioned.
- Indoor pool
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 50 private spaces.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From M4 junction 17 M4 jct 17, follow signs for town centre. Angel is situated at top of High Street, Market Place next to Borough Parade.
Public Transport Directions
From Chippenham - 10 minutes walkTurn right out of station, 5 to 10 minute walk. At bottom of hill turn left, walk up High Street over river/bridge the hotel is at the top on the right-hand side in the market place.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good301
- Kevin RSwansea County, United KingdomOur weekend away with our four legged friendsMonday, 16th May 2022I would recommend this hotel especially if you are taking your dogs with you. The garden rooms are ideal when you need to pop outside with them. We have stayed many times and we are all made to feel... Read full review
- 582giovannafHertfordshire, United KingdomExceeded expectationsSunday, 22nd May 2022Lovely large clean room and bathroom. Very polite helpful staff a good breakfast. Bar staff were very accommodating when I asked for a snack out of regular hours. Easy to park and very central for... Read full review
- LondonhampsteadTrip Type:FamilyMixedTuesday, 24th May 2022The staff are very nice and the hotel is very well located. However there is a big difference in the types of rooms. We were in the new building and I found it lacking in basic facilities and really... Read full review
- 3 AA Stars Hotel