Fosse Farmhouse B&B and Holiday Cottages are within walking distance of Castle Combe - the prettiest village in England in the county of Wiltshire.
This stunning accommodation property has recently found fame around the world for being the British location for the Japanese Anime series 'KINMOSA!' and the Anime movie 'Thank You!!'
Guests from around the globe love staying in this unique location which can sleep up to 22 guests - ideal for group bookings and family & friends reuniting.
The historic and ancient Roman Fosse Way runs beside the property and the village is also home to The Temple of Apollo - an ancient Roman settlement and a Neolithic Long Barrow dating from 4300 BC
The interiors of Fosse Farmhouse B&B and holiday cottages are decorated in pretty vintage furniture and fabrics.
The present owner Caron Cooper previously traded in Portobello Road London and is a passionate collector of unusual and quirky decorative items - many examples of which can be found throughout the property.
This particular area of North Wiltshire is also a renowned equestrian centre being the home of the Duke of Beaufort and The Badminton Horse Trials.
During the summer months Home Made Cream Teas and delicious Wiltshire Lardy Cake are served in the garden and orchard.
Two excellent local pubs are within walking distance - both of which are child and dog friendly and there are numerous footpaths to cycle and jog.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Standard (En-Suite)||from £110.00 to £120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double as a Single (En-Suite)||from £110.00 to £140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double Superior (En-Suite)||from £140.00 to £155.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family (En-Suite)||from £160.00 to £180.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £140.00 to £150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Up to 15 guests
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Minimum Group size
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Booking Advised
- Country house
- Film or TV location - War Horse, Stardust and Wolfman filmed in Castle Combe, 1 mile.
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
- Access to golf course - Arrangement with Castle Combe Manor House Course.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Other sporting facilities - Skid pan and karting at Castle Combe Race Circuit.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Japanese
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
From M4 jct 17 take A350 south to Chippenham. Join A420 towards Bristol, after approx 2 miles turn right on to the B4039. Continue 3 miles to 'The Gib' village. Turn left opposite 'Salutation Inn' pub. We are one mile down this road on the right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
By train from London Paddington Station. First Great Western trains run every 30 minutes to Chippenham Station. Travelling time 1 hour 30 minutes. From the station take a taxi to Fosse Farmhouse (15 mins).By car from London M4 - Junction 17, then follow the directions to Castle Combe Race Circuit and follow the B4039 to the 'The Gib'. Turn left opposite the 'Salutation Inn'. We are the first farmhouse on the right after 2 miles.From Heathrow Airport, take shuttle bus to Reading Station and then First Great Western train to Chippenham. From Bristol International Airport, take shuttle bus to Temple Meads Station and train to Chippenham. Then take taxi to Fosse Farmhouse.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good33
- GFBibbyLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely stayMonday, 19th August 2019We stayed for one night to attend a wedding at nearby grittleton house Caron was a wonderful host, and the rooms were great. We stayed in the separate self-catering cottage to the front of the... Read full review
- Clare OCheshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyThe DovecoteTuesday, 1st September 2020We have just arrived home from a wonderful stay at Fosse Farmhouse. We stayed in The Dovecote which was ideal for us along with our 11 year old son and dog. Caron was very warm and attentive without... Read full review
- 903trevorbFantastic Fosse FarmhouseThursday, 1st June 202312 golfers stayed here. We are experienced golfers on tour but we usually stay at a golf/hotel resort. Here we tried something different. We played four local courses including the maginificent... Read full review