*Fosse Farmhouse is reopening from 4 July with new COVID-19 procedures in place. Find out more.*
Fosse Farmhouse was built in 1750 of Random Cotswold stone under a clay tiled roof. Located in the heart of the Beaufort hunt on the Roman Fosseway in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Recently, it has been the subject of extensive restoration and renovation. Original fittings complement the French decorative antique furniture, and pretty English chintzes throughout, thereby creating a thoroughly individual country house retreat.
The interiors of the house, and the work of the imaginative owner and Chef Caron Cooper have been aclaimed in several media publications this year, including 25 Beautiful Homes and The Independent B&B Guide.
Delicious home cooked dinners using local seasonal ingredients are available by advance reservation (24 hours) and wonderful clotted cream teas are served throughout the summer months in the farmhouse orchard garden. Castle Combe - the most beautiful Cotswold village is just 20 minutes walk from our door, and Bath city centre is 30 minutes by car.
I am only two miles from the Badminton Horse Trials and therefore the closest of any of the visit Bath accommodation.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Standard (En-Suite)||from £110.00 to £120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double as a Single (En-Suite)||from £110.00 to £120.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Double Superior (En-Suite)||from £140.00 to £150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family (En-Suite)||from £160.00 to £170.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £140.00 to £150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Up to 15 guests
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Minimum Group size
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Booking Advised
- Country house
- Film or TV location - War Horse, Stardust and Wolfman filmed in Castle Combe, 1 mile.
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
- Access to golf course - Arrangement with Castle Combe Manor House Course.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Other sporting facilities - Skid pan and karting at Castle Combe Race Circuit.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Japanese
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
From M4 jct 17 take A350 south to Chippenham. Join A420 towards Bristol, after approx 2 miles turn right on to the B4039. Continue 3 miles to 'The Gib' village. Turn left opposite 'Salutation Inn' pub. We are one mile down this road on the right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
By train from London Paddington Station. First Great Western trains run every 30 minutes to Chippenham Station. Travelling time 1 hour 30 minutes. From the station take a taxi to Fosse Farmhouse (15 mins).By car from London M4 - Junction 17, then follow the directions to Castle Combe Race Circuit and follow the B4039 to the 'The Gib'. Turn left opposite the 'Salutation Inn'. We are the first farmhouse on the right after 2 miles.From Heathrow Airport, take shuttle bus to Reading Station and then First Great Western train to Chippenham. From Bristol International Airport, take shuttle bus to Temple Meads Station and train to Chippenham. Then take taxi to Fosse Farmhouse.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good33
- Luca LRescaldinaTrip Type:CouplesStopped for tea timeMonday, 12th August 2019We found the Fosse Farmhouse almost by accident during our travel in the region, and we decided to get in during the afternoon for tea time. Really nice place and friendly staff, was a pleasure to... Read full review
- GFBibbyLondon, United KingdomLovely stayMonday, 19th August 2019We stayed for one night to attend a wedding at nearby grittleton house Caron was a wonderful host, and the rooms were great. We stayed in the separate self-catering cottage to the front of the... Read full review
- Clare OTrip Type:FamilyThe DovecoteTuesday, 1st September 2020We have just arrived home from a wonderful stay at Fosse Farmhouse. We stayed in The Dovecote which was ideal for us along with our 11 year old son and dog. Caron was very warm and attentive without... Read full review