We are a highly British Horse Society Highly Commended Equestrian Centre, incorporating a livery, education, riding tuition, and educational placements for young persons with SEND.
The riding school offers private, semiprivate and group lessons with qualified BHS coaches. We welcome riders from age 6 and upwards, and we include beginners and experienced riders. We encourage and support our clients to improve both confidence and skill, as well as having a better understanding of horses.
Feedback is provided from our professional coaches after each session, which support progression planning and ensuring you have the right horse for each stage in your journey.
We also have 2- and 3-hour horsey experience packages to include riding and stable management modules such as tacking up, grooming etc.
We have great facilities with large outdoor arenas and hacking onsite (hacking is seasonal and only available to those who are experienced and can show they are able to pass a hacking assessment). We have a Racewood Evening Simulator – which is a rapid advancement tool for riding, and helps riders gain confidence, strength, and a greater understanding of how to improve more quickly.
We have a large livery here, offering full, part and assisted DIY options, seasonal show jump field, and a large cross country schooling course for horse owners (local horse owners can also hire the facility). We run equestrian events through the summer months, which is a bonus for horse owner here.
We have a riding club called Hoof Club which caters for riders aged 7 to 16 years – studying British Horse Society Pony Stars & Challenge Awards. We have adult jump and dressage teams within Hoof Club also. The riding club provides equine learning, competitions, horse care, skills training, and support to progress and get involved.
We have weight limit of 13st (this is 82kg fully clothed). For horse welfare we weigh each client who rides with us.
|2024 (2 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - riding from 4 upwards, any age on site if accompanied
- Accommodation nearby
- Equipment/clothing available for hire
- Experience level - beginner
- First Aid
- Fully qualified instructors
- Instructor training
- Lessons/courses available
- Open All Year
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In countryside
- Max group size - 5
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
To find the equestrian centre with our livery and riding school at Buryhill Farm then please follow these directions:We are situated on the B4696 which runs from nearby Royal Wootton Bassett northwards through Minety and Ashton. We are just before the Minety crossroads if you are travelling North and just after the hump back bridge if you are travelling South on this road.From the M4 – exit at junction 16 and follow the signs for Wootton Bassett and Purton heading west along the Swindon Road (A3102). Go over two roundabouts joining the Malmesbury Road (B4042). Go past the Jubilee lake ad the road takes you back under the M4. After 1/2 mile turn right signposted for Cirencester, Braydon and Cricklade (B4696). Continue along this road for 2 miles going through the Braydon crossroads (signed for Cricklade and Cirencester). Continue along the B4696 for another 1.1 miles, and you will see White Lodge Care Home on your right. Continue for another 400 yards and we are the first property on the left immediately after the brow of a right hand bend. Pull in and the car park is 50 yards on the left hand side.From the North - take the A417 from the M5 heading towards Cirencester and Swindon. After passing the Cirencester turn off join the A419 heading south. At the Spine Road Junction take the 4th exit joining the Cirencester Road (B4696)towards the Cotswold Water Park. At the next roundabout take the second exit onto Spine Road East (B4696). At the staggered crossroads turn left onto North End (B4696). At the traffic signals continue onto the Braydon Road (B4696). After about 0.8 miles you reach a hump back bridge and we are the second property on the right hand side just after the bridge. Pull in and the car park is 50 yards on the left hand side. If you reach the White Lodge care home you have gone too far!From Malmesbury - take the B4040 and head through Charlton and Minety. At the traffic signals on a cross roads signed to Ashton Keynes, Cricklade and Braydon / Wootton Bassett turn right onto the Braydon Road (B4696). After about 0.8 miles you reach a hump back bridge and we are the second property on the right hand side just after the bridge. Pull in and the car park is 50 yards on the left hand side.Phone: 01666 860068Email: email@example.com
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- 37sarahoChippenham, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelBrilliantFriday, 9th July 2021Well I’ve just come back from my first lesson. I used to ride when I was a 14 but I’m now 53 years old snd haven’t had a lesson since. I arrived full of nerves snd left feeling fantastic… my... Read full review
- Amanda ETrip Type:Solo travelAmazing lessonThursday, 18th August 2022Booked a lesson while on holiday. I rode Dream who was amazing. I have been riding for years but realised I had so many bad riding habits that the instructor corrected in one lesson. Read full review
- Tabitha MGrove, United KingdomGone downhillFriday, 19th May 2023Gone downhill, my daughter used to frequesntly ride here before we moved recently, we were always on time, never put a foot wrong. Recently after about 3-4 months, my daughter had a lesson here... Read full review