Stonehenge Campsite and Glamping Pods is a lovely multi-award winning family-run site. We are perfectly situated close to the Stonehenge World Heritage Centre and make the ideal touring base for exploring Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset and beyond. We’re a small, friendly, well-kept and thoughtfully laid out campsite, with 600+ positive reviews. We sit in a secluded, semi woodland setting and offer excellent facilities, outstanding walking direct from site, woods, streams, two local pubs and an excellent farm and village shop, all close by.
Just 10 minutes from the Stonehenge World Heritage Centre by road, we offer camping, glamping and motorhome facilities of an excellent standard with hard standing pitches available. We are the winners of Practical Caravan’s prestigious Top 100 Sites Award for Best Campsite 2016 and re-enter the top 100 each year.
Our Glamping units are open all year and offer all levels of Glamping from basic pods to a bit of Glamping Luxury in a cosy insulated heated luxury pod with all bedding & Towels supplied with a fully furnished pod, Continental Breakfast hampers are available (Charges apply) and can be booked at reception upon arrival. Gift options are available upon request for that special friend or family member for any occasion, or opt for a romantic getaway with a stay in our Yurt (The Solstice Retreat). Our glamping units are set in the own landscaped gardens and come with picnic bench. The luxury pods & yurt come with Tea/coffee making facilities, with a fridge and Kettle supplied and all the cutlery and crockery you require, fire pit also included (fuel available on site) we have a selection of Bell tents available to hire.
For camping and motorhomes alike, we occupy a thoughtfully laid out site in an attractive landscaped setting. We have clean, heated, modern washing blocks and a Camper's Kitchen, equipped to make your washing up and catering that bit easier.
We are dog-friendly at all times apart from during SolsticeFest.co.uk, which runs from 18th - 21st June each year. We are surrounded by good walks direct from the site and we are close to a fantastic array of sites of historical interest, attractions and events in Wiltshire and just over the Dorset, Hampshire and Somerset borders. Local bus service 2 runs from Salisbury to Devizes with a bus stop at the campsite entrance. All local attractions advertised on site are within 60minutes of the campsite. including the sandy beaches of Bournemouth, the Roman Pump Rooms and Spa of Bath and the New Forest National Park. We are unusual in being a peaceful, campfire friendly site – just ask about hiring one of our fire pits.
Well situated for events such as the Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival, exploring the National Trust Stonehenge Landscape, Salisbury Cathedral and the Magna Carta, the Chalke Valley History Festival, Longleat safari park & House with discounted tickets available on site at reception for our guests.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Backpacker Tents (2 people max)||£12.00 per unit per night|
|Camping Pitches (2 adults, 2 children, 1 dog)||£15.00 per unit per night|
|Glamping Pods||£20.00 per unit per night|
|Touring & Motorhome Grass (2 adults, 2 children, 1 dog, EHU)||£20.00 per unit per night|
|Touring & Motorhome Hard Standing (2 adults, 2 children, 1 dog, EHU)||£25.00 per unit per night|
*Backpacker tents from £12, Tent pitches from £15-20, touring from £20, and Glamping Pods available from £20
|2019/20 - Winter Opening (Limited Facilities)* (1 Nov 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
Main Season Opening
Full Facilities 1st Apr - Oct 31st
Limited Facilities* 1st Nov - March 31st
*Limited facilities are Electric Hook-Up / Water / Chemical Waste Disposal Point / Rubbish Collection / Campers' Kitchen. showers & Lavatory facilities unisex block.
Map & Directions
From Stonehenge head west on the A303 towards Wylye for about 3 miles. Take the first turning left onto the B3083 as you leave the village and head south towards Berwick St James. The campsite will be found on your left after half a mile. ( SP3 4TQ)From Salisbury head west on the A30 & A36 towards Warminster & Bath. After about 6 miles turn right in the village of Stapleford on to the B3083 and head north. The campsite will be found on your right after 2 miles ( SP3 4TQ)From Bath head south east on the A36 to Wylye. Bear left on to the A303 and head 4 miles east to Winterbourne Stoke. Take the first right onto the B3083 and head south for half a mile. The campsite will be found on your left ( SP3 4TQ)
Public Transport Directions
From London take the Waterloo Exeter line west towards Salisbury – travel time about 90 minutes to Salisbury. Get off at Salisbury and catch the #No 2 busCatch the number # 2 Bus from Salisbury or Devizes to Stonehenge Campsite near Berwick St James – 28 buses a day – cost about £3.70 and time about 30 minutes. Note first bus about 7.30am, last bus about 5.30pm and no buses on Sundays
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good86
- SyReaOnlineTrip Type:CouplesGlamping done right!Wednesday, 30th September 2020We stayed 2 nights and got to do most of the local activities (Stones, Marlborough, tea by the river). The site - as a base - was close to perfect. The bed is a double (covered with plastic so bring... Read full review
- SparkyS50Rochdale, United Kingdomlovely settingSunday, 18th October 2020lovely site set back away from the busy A303 near stonehenge, if walking or cycling to the stones you do have to cross this road tho. we only stayed one night but could have easily stayed for 2... Read full review
- roberto bLiverpool, United KingdomEnded up staying 2 nights instead of 1Friday, 30th October 2020Me and my girlfriend originally only went there as a stop point for our journey to Cornwall in September. We had never seen Stonehenge before so the campsite's location seemed an ideal place to stop... Read full review
- 4 AA Pennants
- 4 Visit England Stars Holiday, Touring & Camping Park
- David Bellamy Awards David Bellamy Conservation Award (Gold) 2013
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Loo of the Year 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Top 100 Award 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous ACSI 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Alan Rogers 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous ANWB 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Practical Caravan – Top 100 Sites – Finalist 2015 2016
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020