Situated in the picturesque village of Whiteparish on the edge of the New The Kings Head, Whiteparish was re-opened in 2017 having been closed for almost 5 years.
It is a 16th Century old coaching house, which has been lovingly restored and renovated.
The new owners have invested a significant amount of capital in renovation, including the conversion of a disused derelict barn into luxury accommodation.
We are truly independent, it is a family owned and operated business, which means we can chose the best selection of beers, wines, ales, craft ales and spirits befitting of a gastro pub.
We are customer focused, and aim to give the customer the best food & service with value for money, and aim to deliver the highest quality food and excellent service, but also one that offers a very warm welcome to those who also want to just stop by for a drink or a cup of coffee. For the local community we offer events that keep the community spirit alive, and make a place where people want to come, meet, eat, and even sleep.
We offer diners the opportunity to stay over, or conversely visitors who want so stay in the area the opportunity to enjoy the best food available.
Our Chef Patron is Roux Scholar and Great British Chef, Matthew Tomkinson. Matt joined us in March 2019, opening his signature restaurant Betony by Matt Tomkinson shortly thereafter, a restaurant offering the best quality local food with excellent service in a cosy relaxed, yet intimate environment.
We recently received 2 AA rosette recognition for this restaurant,
We feature in the 2020 edition of the Good Food Guide.
Also, we were featured in The Times Weekend supplement as one of the 40 best summer pubs in the UK!
The 8 luxury en-suite bedrooms have been carefully designed, with thought given to comfort, but are quietly luxurious. They all are individual, being named after local villages in Wiltshire.
All our rooms feature paintings by a local artist, who was commissioned to paint local landscape scenes. These paintings are one off bespoke, and can be purchased by public should they wish.
Our bedrooms opened in May and we have already been awarded 4* standard the AA.
Guests enjoy a home cooked breakfast included in their rate. Breakfast is made using locally sourced produce. Home made granola, and hand made preserves are offered from our breakfast buffet. Breakfast can be enjoyed in the brand new orangery also opened in May
We have a function room, which can house business meetings, functions/events and private dinner parties.
To the rear of the property we have a beautiful garden comprising over an acre of land with a wooded area that joins to open countryside fields and pastures.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £100.00 to £150.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|King en suite||from £110.00 to £140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|King family||from £130.00 to £160.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £120.00 to £150.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*The Twin rooms can be set up as a king or a twin for double occupancy
2 rooms available with king size bed, and option of double pull down or cot bed. Room sleeps 4
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Bar - The Kings Head is open all day every day from 12 every day serving drinks and food
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 18
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Independent Business - Small family run, independent restaurant and pub with Rooms
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- Restaurant - 2AA Rosette Betony by Matthew Tomkinson restaurant open Wednesday –Saturday for dinner.
- Accessible Rooms - We have disabled access via the rear of the pub, and a disabled toilet
- Family - We have a childrens menu, and have 2 family rooms available
- In countryside
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Large off street safe parking care park for up to 25 cars at the rear of the Pub
- On site parking
- Cash Only
- Contactless payment accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour Television in all units
- Free Wi-Fi - Free wifi available throughout
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - The entire property is designated non-smoking
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings - We have a small meeting/conference room available with full HDMI connectivity and projector facilities. This can accommodate up to a out 15 -20 delegates
- Christmas/New Year Programme
Map & Directions
From Salisbury exit the College roundabout onto Southampton Road, A36.
Continue on the A36 towards Southampton for approximately 6 miles.
Turn left onto Brickworth Road / A27 continue for 1.5 miles.
The Kings Head is in the middle of Whiteparish village, on the left hand side of The Street