Surrounded by 14 acres of stunning grounds, Woolley Grange is part of the Luxury Family Hotels collection. This Jacobean manor house is located on the edge of the pretty medieval market town of Bradford on Avon and is a 15 minute drive (or 12 minute train ride) from Bath. The hotel offers a warm welcome to families, has award-winning children's facilities, a beautiful spa, and great food using fresh produce from the walled kitchen garden and then prepared by Chef Jon Machin. With 20 years of experience in professional kitchens, Jon is passionate about local and home-grown ingredients. It’s more about wheelbarrow yards than food miles at Woolley Grange and dining is both adult and child friendly. The hotel welcomes dogs and there are some great walks nearby.
Accommodation ranges from quirky bedrooms tucked in the eaves, to spacious and contemporary suites. All the comfortable beds benefit from luxury linen with Welsh woollen blankets and lovely toiletries. If you have children with you, the hotel will check your requirements and provide everything in your room, from bottle sterilisers to cots and beds. There’s even warm milk provided gratis, 24 hours a day on request.
The Woolley Bears Den is the hotels Ofsted registered crèche. Guests benefit from 90 minutes of complimentary childcare per night of their stay and also a free baby-listening service, allowing a bit of adult time, sipping champagne on the terrace, dining by candlelight or chilling in the spa. This service is offered to children over 12 weeks old.
The Spa at Woolley Grange has a relaxed, family-friendly environment housed in a contemporary oak-timber building that blends into the Bath stone wall of the kitchen garden. The indoor pool has stunning views of the walled kitchen garden and the heated (seasonal) outdoor pool, has breath taking views across the Wiltshire countryside to the White Horse of Westbury. It is sensible to book treatments in advance as the lovely Spa Therapists do tend to get booked up. As well as a whole range of Ishga and Ishga massages, body and facial treatments, the spa also offers Jessica nails manicures and pedicures.
The restaurant at Woolley Grange offers excellent fine dining, light lunches, afternoon teas, family dining and children’s high tea. A full breakfast is included for hotel guests.
The gardens at Woolley Grange are a delight. The Victorian walled garden grows much of the hotel’s produce to organic standards and in the field across the road they grow more fruit, vegetables and flowers for the hotel.
In the gardens you will also find the Good Life Garden where you’ll meet chickens, rabbits and the comical Indian runner ducks. Children can sit on the vintage tractor and play ‘shop’ in one of the playhouses or pick up a trowel and help with the gardening. Other fun elements include the White Witch of Woolley’s House, the nature garden (look out for fairies), and lawn games including the giant swing, football nets, croquet and pond dipping. There is also a smaller play area with swings for the littlies and the Hen House hang out for older children, with air hockey and pool table.
The team at Woolley Grange come highly commended for their friendliness, understanding of families and personal service. Parents can relax here knowing that their children will be welcomed and well looked after.
Dogs benefit from a welcome pack, Ala Bark menu, a dog basket, bowl and treats on arrival and there is also a Doggy Shower in the grounds to help clean up after muddy walks. Reception can advise on some good local walks.
Woolley Grange offers a number of tailored breaks including their Baby’s First Stay Away break and the ‘Time for You’ Toddler & Preschool break. All offer great value for money. To find out the latest offers at Woolley Grange, please visit the offers page of their website.
- Plan Ahead - 15% discount when booking at least 21 days in advance
- A Night on us - 3 for 2 or 4 for 3
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 3rd Mar 2024
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 4th Mar 2024
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type
|Room / Unit Tariff*
|Classic Double/Small Suite (En-Suite)
|from £210.00 to £290.00 per room (breakfast included)
|Interconnecting/Large Suite (En-Suite)
|from £325.00 to £450.00 per room (breakfast included)
|Large Double/Standard Suite (En-Suite)
|from £265.00 to £345.00 per room (breakfast included)
|Small Double (En-Suite)
|from £130.00 to £210.00 per room (breakfast included)
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2024 Opening (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Maybe closed for exclusive use parties.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch - and afternoon tea
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Cot - and Z beds
- Facilities for children - Bright and airy OFSTED registered Woolley Bear’s Den is staffed by fully qualified nannies, from 9.30-5.30; for newborn to 8yrs. There is also a Playstation, Wii, table football, a pool table and more for the older children.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Electric Car charging point
- Electric car charging points
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Access to golf course - Arrangement with Cumberwell Golf Club on the outskirts of Bradford on Avon.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire - Cycle hire available nearby. Children’s bikes available for guests’ use.
- Games Room
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Spa
- Indoor pool
- Other sporting facilities
- Outdoor pool - open in the summer months
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Families
Map & Directions
From M4 jct 18 take A46 towards Bath. Do not leave A46 at Bath exit, instead continue to the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway. Turn right at the roundabout, then A363 Bradford-on-Avon. After Cumberwell Park Golf Courseon the left andFrankley House on the right, fork left to Woolley Green, turn right, hotel is on the right.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good167
- 69janinejCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySuperbWednesday, 3rd January 2024Excellent family stay Lovely food and service. Cosy feel. Dogs welcomed and accepted. We were particularly taken with ‘ Colin’ as he’s looked after us in every respect during the entire stay... Read full review
- Sarah CFabulous New Years’ breakMonday, 8th January 2024We stayed at the Woolley Grange for their New Year break and I can honestly say it’s the most relaxing break we’ve had since our nearly 3 year old came along. Nothing was too much trouble and Daniel... Read full review
- 272grahamkWould go again....Sunday, 14th January 2024The building and location are brilliant, there is a lot of history attached to the building and the owners are clearly proud of that fact. The staff were without exception a credit to the owners and... Read full review