Surrounded by 14 acres of stunning grounds, Woolley Grange is part of the Luxury Family Hotels collection. This Jacobean manor house is located on the edge of the pretty medieval market town of Bradford on Avon and is a 15 minute drive (or 12 minute train ride) from Bath. The hotel offers a warm welcome to families, has award-winning children's facilities, a beautiful spa, and great food using fresh produce from the walled kitchen garden and then prepared by Head Chef Dean Westcar (formerly Head Chef at Restaurant Hywel Jones, Lucknam Park and BBC Masterchef: The Professionals Semi-Finalist). It’s more about wheelbarrow yards than food miles at Woolley Grange and dining is both adult and child friendly. The hotel welcomes dogs and there are some great walks nearby.
Accommodation ranges from quirky bedrooms tucked in the eaves, to spacious and contemporary suites. All the comfortable beds benefit from luxury linen with Welsh woollen blankets and lovely Elemis toiletries. If you have children with you, the hotel will check your requirements and provide everything in your room, from bottle sterilisers to cots and beds. There’s even warm milk provided gratis, 24 hours a day on request.
The Woolley Bears Den is the hotels Ofsted registered crèche. Guests benefit from 90 minutes of complimentary childcare per day and also a free baby-listening service, allowing a bit of adult time, sipping champagne on the terrace, dining by candlelight or chilling in the spa. This service is offered to children over 12 weeks old.
New for 2021; Luxury Glamping Suites
Woolley Grange Hotel are working with the Pop Up Hotel Company to bring 8 luxurious Glamping suites to Woolley Grange this summer. Nestled in the beautiful grounds of the hotel, the suites feature a large master bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom (with an all-important flushing toilet and shower), lounge, and private terrace with outdoor seating. Guests have access to all the hotel facilities as well as the Glamping sites Hideout Bar & Café. They also have the option of a pre-ordered continental breakfast hamper to be delivered to their suite each morning or a cooked breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant.
The ELEMIS Spa at Woolley Grange has a relaxed, family-friendly environment housed in a contemporary oak-timber building that blends into the Bath stone wall of the kitchen garden. The indoor pool has stunning views of the walled kitchen garden and the heated (seasonal) outdoor pool, has breath taking views across the Wiltshire countryside to the White Horse of Westbury. It is sensible to book treatments in advance as the lovely Spa Therapists do tend to get booked up. As well as a whole range of ELEMIS massages, body and facial treatments, the spa also offers Jessica nails manicures and pedicures.
The restaurant at Woolley Grange has 2 AA Rosettes and is open to the public as well as hotel guests. It offers excellent fine dining, light lunches, afternoon teas, family dining and children’s high tea. A full breakfast is included for hotel guests.
The gardens at Woolley Grange are a delight. The Victorian walled garden grows much of the hotel’s produce to organic standards and in the field across the road they grow more fruit, vegetables and flowers both for the hotel and for the Potting Shed shop where residents and locals can buy produce to take home with them. There’s even a weekly Vegetable Basket scheme that locals can sign up to for freshly picked and local grown produce, free from pesticides and plastic.
In the gardens you will also find the Good Life Garden where you’ll meet pigs, chickens, rabbits and the comical Indian runner ducks. Children can sit on the vintage tractor and play ‘shop’ in one of the playhouses or pick up a trowel and help with the gardening. Other fun elements include the White Witch of Woolley’s House, the nature garden (look out for fairies), the giant swing, football nets, croquet, pond dipping, a smaller play area with sandpit and swings for the littlies and the Hen House hang out for older children, with table football and pool table.
The team at Woolley Grange come highly commended for their friendliness, understanding of families and personal service. Parents can relax here knowing that their children will be welcomed and well looked after.
Dogs benefit from a welcome pack, a dog basket, bowl and treats on arrival and there is also a Doggy Shower in the grounds to help clean up after muddy walks. The top field is ideal for a run around and Reception can advise on some good local walks.
Woolley Grange offers a number of tailored breaks including their Baby’s First Stay Away break, the ‘Time for You’ Toddler & Preschool break and the Sunday Stay & Dine. All offer great value for money. To find out the latest offers at Woolley Grange, please visit the offers page of their website.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double/Small Suite (En-Suite)||from £210.00 to £290.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Interconnecting/Large Suite (En-Suite)||from £325.00 to £450.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Large Double/Standard Suite (En-Suite)||from £265.00 to £345.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Small Double (En-Suite)||from £130.00 to £210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Maybe closed for exclusive use parties.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch - and afternoon tea
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Cot - and Z beds
- Facilities for children - Bright and airy OFSTED registered Woolley Bear’s Den is staffed by fully qualified nannies, from 9.30-5.30; for newborn to 8yrs. There is also a Playstation, Wii, table football, a pool table and more for the older children.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Access to golf course - Arrangement with Cumberwell Golf Club on the outskirts of Bradford on Avon.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire - Cycle hire available nearby. Children’s bikes available for guests’ use.
- Games Room
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Spa
- Indoor pool
- Other sporting facilities
- Outdoor pool - open in the summer months
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Families
Map & Directions
From M4 jct 18 take A46 towards Bath. Do not leave A46 at Bath exit, instead continue to the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway. Turn right at the roundabout, then A363 Bradford-on-Avon. After Cumberwell Park Golf Courseon the left andFrankley House on the right, fork left to Woolley Green, turn right, hotel is on the right.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good155
- Tom SHungerford, United KingdomGreat locationMonday, 13th September 2021Stayed last Friday to Sunday. Food was excellent and served by very friendly staff. All the staff were at all times helpful and jovial.The surrounding area was lovely and a joy to ramble around. The... Read full review
- Kim HKent, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful settingFriday, 17th September 2021We were bought 2 nights in Woolley Grange for a Xmas present nearly 2 years ago. We finally got there in September and had a great stay. Dinner was Al a carte, and breakfast was plentiful. There was... Read full review
- alex lloughboroughTrip Type:FamilyCan’t wait to come back!Monday, 20th September 2021First family holiday with our 6 month old. We could not have picked a better place for this lovely but potentially stressful event. Woolley Grange was everything we’d hoped and more. Amazing staff... Read full review