Be sure to visit the Gallery Café, where chef/owner Michael Fox combines over 30 years of experience with a passion for delicious and healthy home-cooked food. The Gallery Café has recently been voted 'Best Cafe' in Wiltshire in the 2021 Muddy Stilettos Awards. It has also been recognised six times in the Observer's national Food Awards, while the Daily Telegraph described Michael's puddings as "to die for".
The Gallery Café's varied menu changes to suit the seasons and the recipes often use fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Pop in for a coffee, a cup of tea and a piece of cake, or something more substantial in a wonderful old building packed with original arts and crafts.
There is always something delicious to choose from - for lunch, try a generously filled sandwich or something warm, such as some hearty soup in winter, or a healthy salad in the summer, all washed down with a glass of wine, some elderflower or homemade limeade with fresh mint.
For diners with special dietary requirements, the Café's menus frequently include gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and vegetarian options. Also, the Gallery Café is dog-friendly, so feel free to bring well-behaved canine companions with you.
The café operates on a first come, first served basis, no booking required.
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
- Cater for vegetarians - Gluten-free and dairy-free food also available
- Serve lunch - Lunch is light, modern and freshly prepared to order
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cater for groups - By arrangement
- Conference facilities - One conference room. Max capacity: 30 theatre-style; 25 boardroom-style; 50 banqueting-style.
- Dog Friendly
- Licenced for alcohol
- In town/city centre - Easy walking distance from Market Place.
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- Musedave57Alresford, United KingdomDelightful food near the centre of SalisburyMonday, 29th January 2024Delightful food served by very friendly staff. It's always difficult to choose what to eat because the menu is always so interesting. Cakes are delicious too. Read full review
- Rosie1005Cockermouth, United KingdomVISIT FISHERTON MILL - YOU WILL LOVE ITSunday, 4th February 2024Fisherton Mill just overflows with character, warmth and quality. Our mid-week lunch in the gallery cafe was truly outstanding. We were greeted with a buzzing atmosphere, and friendly efficient... Read full review
- martinmjsmithDisappointing cafeTuesday, 6th February 2024Quite a niche menu that offered nothing to my taste. Limited range of options. Also very expensive compared to similar cafes locally Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Observer Food Monthly Awards - Runner up 2023
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- TripAdvisor Awards Travellers' Choice - TripAdvisor 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos Award (Best Cafe) 2023
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos Award (Best Art Space) 2023