Rollestone Manor Bed & Breakfast is a beautiful, grade II listed, privately owned historic home on the outskirts of Shrewton, very close to the World Heritage site of Stonehenge with history dating back to 1242. In 1700 the front façade was created – where the front door is today and the ‘newest’ part of the house is the three-story extension, which was completed in 1839!
Today, all our seven en-suite bedrooms, named after some of the many owners of the Rollestone Manor, offer comfort and quality whilst having their own individual style. One of our rooms is on the ground floor, ideal if the steep staircase to the first floor will cause difficulty.
Modern features like digital TV and radio, USB plugs and power showers compliment the family antique furniture and period features that have graced this home for years. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all bedrooms, and the main areas of the house.
Evening meals are served from 6.30pm every day in our Restaurant. Enjoy the warmth of the log burner in the lounge, or on a warmer day, bask in the sunshine on our garden swing seat whilst looking at the menu, and choosing your wine.
Rollestone Manor is ideally located on the edge of the village of Shrewton, and as well as being just minutes from the World Heritage Site of Stonehenge, there is easy access to the cities and towns of Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester, Bath and Marlborough, and we are close to the A303 – the main route to the West Country.
Rollestone Manor - affordable, relaxed, comfortable!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type
|Room / Unit Tariff*
|Classic King Double
|from £92.50 to £102.50 per room (breakfast included)
|Double en suite bathroom
|from £92.50 to £97.50 per room (breakfast included)
|Four poster with roll top bath and en suite
|£130.00 per room (breakfast included)
|Superior Double en suite
|from £102.50 to £112.50 per room (breakfast included)
*All rooms are subject to availability. Children 12 and under in a family room are charged at an additional £15 per night. Extra beds and cots available.
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Assistance Dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Handrail by steps
- Steps to main entrance
- Suitable for people with limited mobility - The stair to the first floor are steep, so we have one room on the ground floor if this would be difficult for you.
- Bar - Licensed bar within the lounge. Good wine list, and a great selection of gin and whisky. Soft drinks and beers also available.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Restaurant - Our restaurant is open to non-residents and it is advisable to book a table prior to your arrival. Our menu can be seen on our website.
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served from 7.45am-9.30am Monday through to Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday, 8am-9.30am. Choose items to create your full English breakfast, or alternatively enjoy a bowl of porridge or scrambled egg with smoked salmon, all served with toast.
- Serve evening meal - Evening meals are served from 6.30pm, and booking is recommended.
- Accept coach parties - Coach parties welcome. Lunch, afternoon tea or dinner available for small parties - maximum of 18 guests, through prior arrangement.
- Available for wedding receptions - Ideal for small, intimate Receptions. The Rollestone Manor is ideal for groups of up to 14 guests. Exclusive Use for special occasions available for up to 14 guests, in our 7 rooms.
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location - Close to the A360, but surrounded by fields and gardens.
- Event venue - Our Exclusive Use package is ideal for between 10-14 guest in our 7 bedrooms. Family...friends..whatever the occasion, we look forward to welcoming you.
- Exclusive Use - Our Exclusive Use package, is ideal for 10-14 guests, enjoying a Champagne afternoon tea, three-course dinner with wine, bar drinks, overnight stay and breakfast.
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - There is an iron & board on site for delivery to your room.
- Licenced for alcohol - Licenced bar within the lounge.
- Log Fire - Enjoy the log burner in the lounge, whilst reading or choosing your evening meal.
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Real log/coal fires - Enjoy the log burner in the lounge whilst choosing your evening meal and wine.
- Restaurant - Evening meals are served from 6.30pm, and booking is recommended.
- Separate guests' lounge - Guests lounge bar is open until 11pm. Enjoy the cosy lounge with the log burner warming you up in the winter months.
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties - A single sex celebration group must book all the rooms (7 in total), for their enjoyment, and so no other guests are disturbed.
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Accessible - One ground floor room, if the steep stairs to the first floor would be an issue for you. A shower chair for this ground floor room is available.
- Country house
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Travelling Through - Shrewton is an ideal spot, very close to Stonehenge and breaks up a journey from London airports to the west country. Visit not just Stonehenge whilst you are travelling through Wiltshire, but Salisbury, Avebury and Bath.
- Village Location - on the edge of Shrewton
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free on site parking.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Apple pay accepted
- Cash accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Smart TV's, with access to your own Netflix or Amazon Prime log-in.
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available - Cardigan room is our Four Poster bedroom, with the roll-top bath within the bedroom, and an en-suite toilet and basin.
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available - Mrs Smith - our ground floor room is a king double with large ensuite shower, with views of the gardens and St Andrews Church beyond.
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are non-smoking, as is the house.
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radio stations are played through the televisions.
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure storage for bikes available.
- Special provisions for walkers - Wet walking gear can be dried over-night in our boiler room.
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available - Must be pre-ordered
- Wi-fi available - Complimentary Wi-fi
- Wood burning stove
Map & Directions
From London M3: From the M3 travelling south from London take junction 8 on to the A303. Continue to Longbarrow roundabout, turn right on to A360 North signposted Devizes/Shrewton (and Stonehenge). At Airmans Cross roundabout turn left signposted to Shrewton/Devizes. Rollestone Manor is situated on the left hand side 100 meters after the Shrewton village sign. From the north, Swindon M4: From the M4 take junction 15, the A346 to Marlborough. In Marlborough take the A345 signposted to Pewsey and Amesbury. Follow this road until you meet the roundabout at the A303. Take the third exit signposted to Exeter and Stonehenge. Continue to Longbarrow roundabout, turn right on to A360 North signposted Devizes/Shrewton (and Stonehenge). At Airmans cross roundabout turn left signposted to Shrewton /Devizes. Rollestone Manor is situated on the left hand side 100 meters after the Shrewton village sign.
Public Transport Directions
Trains to Salisbury rail station, and then bus or taxi (approximately £35) to Shrewton. The No 2 bus from Salisbury - Devizes stop close to Rollestone Manor in Shrewton.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good59
- mintyWarwickshireWarwickshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA fabulous place to stay and eat!Thursday, 6th July 2023We met up with other family members from different parts of the country for a lovely catchup. Rollestone Manor was an amazing find. The owners Cyrille and Paula were so welcoming, nothing was too... Read full review
- pdjrobertsGosport, United KingdomWonderful romantic getawayFriday, 21st July 2023My fiancee and I had a nice stay in the luxury double room with four poster bed and roll top bath recently and throughly enjoyed our stay. The manor is situated in beautiful gardens with some chairs... Read full review
- 16BonnieParker, ColoradoTrip Type:CouplesSo convenient to StonehengeTuesday, 1st August 2023We had an overnight stay at Rollestone Manor during our trip to visit Stonehenge. We were very pleased with how close it is to Stonehenge as we had a very early Stone Circle Tour. It is a very... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wiltshire Accommodation Charter 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021