Rollestone Manor Bed & Breakfast is a beautiful, grade II listed, privately owned historic home on the outskirts of Shrewton, very close to the World Heritage site of Stonehenge with history dating back to 1242. In 1700 the front façade was created – where the front door is today and the ‘newest’ part of the house is the three-story extension, which was completed in 1839!
Today, all our seven en-suite bedrooms, named after some of the many owners of the Rollestone Manor, offer comfort and quality whilst having their own individual style. One of our rooms is on the ground floor, ideal if the steep staircase to the first floor will cause difficulty.
Modern features like digital TV and radio, iPod/iPad docking stations and power showers compliment the family antique furniture and period features that have graced this home for years. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all bedrooms, and the main areas of the house.
Evening meals are served from 6.30pm every day in our Restaurant. Enjoy the warmth of the log burner in the lounge, or on a warmer day, bask in the sunshine on our garden swing seat whilst looking at the menu, and choosing your wine.
Rollestone Manor is ideally located on the edge of the village of Shrewton, and as well as being just minutes from the World Heritage Site of Stonehenge, there is easy access to the cities and towns of Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester, Bath and Marlborough, and we are close to the A303 – the main route to the West Country.
Rollestone Manor - affordable, relaxed, comfortable!
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 28th Feb 2020
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 29th Feb 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite bathroom||£94.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £114.50 to £129.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Four poster with roll top bath and en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£104.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*All rooms are subject to availability. Children 12 and under in a family room are charged at an additional £15 per night. Extra beds and cots available.
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Facilities for the Disabled - There is one room on the ground floor, accessible via a ramped entrance if the steps to the front door will cause a problem. The route from this ground floor room to the restaurant and breakfast rooms is level, with one small step into the lounge. There is a shower chair in this room if required. A full access statement can be seen on our website.
- Bar - Licensed bar within the lounge. Good wine list, and a great selection of gin and whisky. Soft drinks and beers also available.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Restaurant - It is advisable to book a table prior to your arrival.
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served from 7.45am-9.30am Monday through to Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday, 8am-9.30am.
- Serve evening meal - Evening meals served from 6.30pm, and booking is recommended.
Children & Infants
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Accept coach parties - Coach parties welcome. Lunch, afternoon tea or dinner available for small parties - maximum of 18 guests, through prior arrangement.
- Available for wedding receptions - Ideal for small, intimate Receptions. The maximum number of guests we can seat are 18, or up to 14 guests on one table. Exclusive Use for special occasions available for up to 14 guests, in our 7 rooms.
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Event venue
- Exclusive Use
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - There is an iron & board on site for delivery to your room.
- Licenced for alcohol
- Log Fire
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties - A single sex celebration group must book all the rooms (7 in total), for their enjoyment, and so no other guests are disturbed.
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- Film or TV location
- Groups Welcomed
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Travelling Through - Shrewton is an ideal spot, very close to Stonehenge and breaks up a journey from London airports to the west country. Visit not just Stonehenge whilst you are travelling through Wiltshire, but Salisbury, Avebury and Bath.
- Village Location - on the edge of Shrewton
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free on site parking.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms - Ipod dock
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- iPod Dock
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure storage for bikes available.
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From London M3: From the M3 travelling south from London take junction 8 on to the A303. Continue to Longbarrow roundabout, turn right on to A360 North signposted Devizes/Shrewton (and Stonehenge).
At Airmans Cross roundabout turn left signposted to Shrewton/Devizes. Rollestone Manor is situated on the left hand side 100 meters after the Shrewton village sign.
From the north, Swindon M4: From the M4 take junction 15, the A346 to Marlborough. In Marlborough take the A345 signposted to Pewsey and Amesbury. Follow this road until you meet the roundabout at the A303. Take the third exit signposted to Exeter and Stonehenge. Continue to Longbarrow roundabout, turn right on to A360 North signposted Devizes/Shrewton (and Stonehenge).
At Airmans cross roundabout turn left signposted to Shrewton /Devizes. Rollestone Manor is situated on the left hand side 100 meters after the Shrewton village sign.
Public Transport Directions
Trains to Salisbury rail station, and then bus or taxi (approximately £25) to Shrewton.
The No 2 bus from Salisbury - Devizes stop close to Rollestone Manor in Shrewton.
- Rollestone Manor Video
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good56
- SiP045Trip Type:BusinessBest B&B I’ve ever stayed in.Wednesday, 15th January 2020From the minute I arrived I was met with great friendly staff. The breakfast was perfect and the evening meals are restaurant standard. The chef was really good all meals were excellent. The room was... Read full review
- Diana SHampshire, United KingdomEverything about this delightful B and B/ restaurant with rooms is perfectSunday, 19th January 2020We’ve spent a night here twice in the last few weeks and on both occasions it has been a delightful experience. From the moment of our arrival we were made to feel welcome. Rollestone Manor is set... Read full review
- JaneR602Hemel Hempstead, United KingdomAnother enjoyable tripMonday, 17th February 2020Our third visit and just as delightful as the first time, rooms are always spotless and provide everything you would expect from country house hotel. Each room is individually furnished, we like Lady... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wiltshire Accommodation Charter 2015