Rollestone Manor Bed & Breakfast is a beautiful, grade II listed, privately owned historic home on the outskirts of Shrewton, very close to the World Heritage site of Stonehenge with history dating back to 1242. In 1700 the front façade was created – where the front door is today and the ‘newest’ part of the house is the three-story extension, which was completed in 1839!
Today, all our seven en-suite bedrooms, named after some of the many owners of the Rollestone Manor, offer comfort and quality whilst having their own individual style. One of our rooms is on the ground floor, ideal if the steep staircase to the first floor will cause difficulty.
Modern features like digital TV and radio, USB plugs and power showers compliment the family antique furniture and period features that have graced this home for years. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all bedrooms, and the main areas of the house.
Evening meals are served from 6.30pm every day in our Restaurant. Enjoy the warmth of the log burner in the lounge, or on a warmer day, bask in the sunshine on our garden swing seat whilst looking at the menu, and choosing your wine.
Rollestone Manor is ideally located on the edge of the village of Shrewton, and as well as being just minutes from the World Heritage Site of Stonehenge, there is easy access to the cities and towns of Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester, Bath and Marlborough, and we are close to the A303 – the main route to the West Country.
Rollestone Manor - affordable, relaxed, comfortable!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite bathroom||£94.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £114.50 to £129.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Four poster with roll top bath and en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£104.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*All rooms are subject to availability. Children 12 and under in a family room are charged at an additional £15 per night. Extra beds and cots available.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Suitable for people with limited mobility - The stair to the first floor are steep, so we have one room on the ground floor if this would be difficult for you.
- Bar - Licensed bar within the lounge. Good wine list, and a great selection of gin and whisky. Soft drinks and beers also available.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Restaurant - It is advisable to book a table prior to your arrival.
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served from 7.45am-9.30am Monday through to Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday, 8am-9.30am.
- Serve evening meal - Evening meals served from 6.30pm, and booking is recommended.
- 1m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Individually wrapped toiletries
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Accept coach parties - Coach parties welcome. Lunch, afternoon tea or dinner available for small parties - maximum of 18 guests, through prior arrangement.
- Available for wedding receptions - Ideal for small, intimate Receptions. The Rollestone Manor is ideal for groups of up to 14 guests. Exclusive Use for special occasions available for up to 14 guests, in our 7 rooms.
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Event venue - Our Exclusive Use package is ideal for between 10-14 guest in our 7 bedrooms. Family...friends..whatever the occasion, we look forward to welcoming you.
- Exclusive Use
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - There is an iron & board on site for delivery to your room.
- Licenced for alcohol
- Log Fire
- Real log/coal fires - Enjoy the log burner in the lounge whilst choosing your evening meal and wine.
- Separate guests' lounge - Guests lounge bar is open until 11pm. Enjoy the cosy lounge with the log burner warming you up in the winter months.
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties - A single sex celebration group must book all the rooms (7 in total), for their enjoyment, and so no other guests are disturbed.
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- Film or TV location
- Groups Welcomed
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Travelling Through - Shrewton is an ideal spot, very close to Stonehenge and breaks up a journey from London airports to the west country. Visit not just Stonehenge whilst you are travelling through Wiltshire, but Salisbury, Avebury and Bath.
- Village Location - on the edge of Shrewton
- French spoken
- Staff Fluent in Languages - French
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free on site parking.
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Colour Television in all units
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available - Mrs Smith - our ground floor room is a king double with large ensuite shower, with views of the gardens and St Andrews Church beyond.
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms - Hairdryers are available on request (due to Covid-19 guidelines in the room).
- Non smoking rooms available
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure storage for bikes available.
- Special provisions for walkers - Wet walking gear can be dried over-night in our boiler room.
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available - Must be pre-ordered
- Wi-fi available - Complimentary Wi-fi
- Wood burning stove
Map & Directions
From London M3: From the M3 travelling south from London take junction 8 on to the A303. Continue to Longbarrow roundabout, turn right on to A360 North signposted Devizes/Shrewton (and Stonehenge). At Airmans Cross roundabout turn left signposted to Shrewton/Devizes. Rollestone Manor is situated on the left hand side 100 meters after the Shrewton village sign. From the north, Swindon M4: From the M4 take junction 15, the A346 to Marlborough. In Marlborough take the A345 signposted to Pewsey and Amesbury. Follow this road until you meet the roundabout at the A303. Take the third exit signposted to Exeter and Stonehenge. Continue to Longbarrow roundabout, turn right on to A360 North signposted Devizes/Shrewton (and Stonehenge). At Airmans cross roundabout turn left signposted to Shrewton /Devizes. Rollestone Manor is situated on the left hand side 100 meters after the Shrewton village sign.
Public Transport Directions
Trains to Salisbury rail station, and then bus or taxi (approximately £25) to Shrewton. The No 2 bus from Salisbury - Devizes stop close to Rollestone Manor in Shrewton.
- Rollestone Manor Video
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good56
- 306carlygTrip Type:Coupleshighly recommendedThursday, 1st October 2020Amazing hospitality! Beautiful rooms in a lovely countryside setting. Great menu and delicious food! the addition of flowers and a bottle of bubbles in our room were an extra special treat! Highly... Read full review
- 658robinl82London, United KingdomCosy, friendly and brilliantSaturday, 10th October 2020We booked a last minute stay at The Manor to break ups return trip from Devon to London. Cyrillie and Paula were more than accommodating and went out of their way to be helpful. The bed was... Read full review
- RAD62Devizes, WiltsExcellent Hotel and RestaurauntFriday, 23rd October 2020Large, comfortable rooms and a high standard in food characterise this independent hotel. We were given a warm welcome, Covid compliant, and enjoyed a one -night stay, dinner and breakfast... Read full review