Oldest pub in Salisbury, circa 1292. Specialising in reasonably priced Thai food and local microbreweries (Regional Real Ale Pub 2008 and South Wilts Real Ale Town Pub of 2018 ). Call ahead or come early, as often busy mid-evening. Enjoy informal dining in a traditional English pub that still retains its original atmosphere. Brown Street car park nearby. Vegetarian food. Children welcome early evening. Dogs on leads permitted in designated areas.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Catering service
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal
- Take away service - 5.30pm to 7.30pm and 8.30pm to 10pm. (Fri and Sat 5.30pm to 7pm and 9pm to 10.30pm).
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Well behaved children welcome until 7pm.
- Accept children all ages
- Available for wedding receptions - Private parties any Sunday or day times.
- Booking required
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs on leads permitted in designated areas
- Groups accepted - Max. 55 diners
- Licenced for alcohol
- Non smoking areas
- Number of covers - 45
- Number of people seated - 45
- Number of people standing - 12
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Pre/post theatre menu - Pre theatre menu. Discount for orders before 6.30pm
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre - 5 minutes walk from Market Square in centre of Salisbury
- Max group size - 55
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Historic free house, circa 1292 with open fires, wooden floors and panelled benches
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - All city centre bus routes within east walking distance
- Parking (charge) - Brown Street pay and display car park nearby
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Special provisions for cyclists
Map & Directions
Located in Salisbury city centre, close to Brown Street car park. Other car parks: Park & Ride or any city centre car parks.
Public Transport Directions
All city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Salisbury Railway Station approx 15 minutes walk.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good66
- c rNailsea, United KingdomThai in a pubSaturday, 24th July 2021Small restaurant in a pub.Plentiful, tasty and well prepared food.Would have liked tofu alternative to the main dishes.Friendly staff. Read full review
- LM_JacksonSalisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySomehow, tasteless….?Sunday, 29th August 2021My friend and I visited on Friday night and we were a little disappointed. Starters were good, crackers, prawn & chicken toast (which was hotter than the sun!) and chicken satay. For mains we opted... Read full review
- 517janiceyTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat food and serviceWednesday, 29th September 2021Food really good, reasonable prices and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I highly recommend visiting. Simon the owner is lovely. Read full review