Please check the Cathedral's website in advance for times and dates for access during lockdown.
Entry charges for tourist visitors
Tickets to Salisbury Cathedral for tourists/visitors give access to the Cathedral, Chapter House with Magna Carta and Works Yard exit and are as follows:
£8 for adults
£5 for students (aged 13-18 years)
Up to 6 children aged 12 and under free with one adult ticket.
Free entry will be available for individual Salisbury residents –residents must bring photo identification with their address on it and they will be admitted without a charge.
In all cases, pre-booking is essential, tickets can be booked online but for those unable to book online a telephone booking service is available on 01722 512156 from 09:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday only.
Explore over 800 years of history at Salisbury Cathedral, one of the UK’s most iconic medieval buildings with an award-winning welcome. Discover our original 1215 Magna Carta, one of only four in the world, and explore its legacy in an interactive exhibition. See the world’s oldest working mechanical clock and admire the fabulous stained glass. When you are done, relax and enjoy a delicious cream tea in the Refectory Restaurant with fabulous views of Britain’s tallest spire or lunch in The Bell Tower Tearooms (open March- October) overlooking the Cathedral lawns.
Salisbury Cathedral is the perfect way to spend your day - just 8 miles from Stonehenge and only 5 minutes from Old Sarum, the original site of the cathedral.
Salisbury Cathedral welcomes groups of up to 30 as long as they are separated into household/support bubble or party of six, in line with new Government legislation. All individuals should be sorted into their group of six/household or support group or ‘pod’ on arrival, and remain in that group or ‘pod’ during their visit. All visits must be pre-booked.
Monday to Saturday 10:00-15:00
Tallest spire in Britain
The UK’s largest Close
Britain’s largest landscaped Cloisters
13th century Chapter House with medieval frieze
Contemporary Art and Events
Cathedral Gift Shop
The Refectory Restaurant with locally sourced produce
The Bell Tower Tea Rooms in the summer months
Disabled access and facilities
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Child (12 and Under)||Free|
|Salisbury Residents (ID Required)||Free|
|Student (aged 13-18 years)||£5.00 per ticket|
Free entry will be available for individual Salisbury residents – residents must bring photo identification with their address on it and they will be admitted without a charge.
All tickets are valid for repeat visits to the Cathedral and can be used as many times as you like for 12 months from the date of purchase.
By purchasing a ticket, you are helping to sustain the future of this special building, which costs £14,000 a day to run. If you are a UK taxpayer and choose to Gift Aid your tickets, the Cathedral can gain an additional 25p for every £1 you spend from the Government at no additional cost to you.
If you are unable to book your tickets online or would like support with getting tickets, please call us on 01722 512156 (available Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00).
|Gift Shop and Restaurant (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|2015 - 2020 Visitor Opening Times (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Gift Shop and Restaurant (1 Jan 2019 - 1 July 2020)|
|2015 - 2021 Visitor Opening Times (1 Jan 2019 - 1 July 2020)|
|2020 Opening Times (8 July 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Visitor leaflet and loop system during services (Minicom).
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Touch and feel model/linked commentary large print service books.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Open daily, 10:00-16:00,snacks and freshly cooked meals, licensed. Not open Christmas Day.
- Picnic Site
- Dogs Accepted - Well behaved dogs on leads are permitting inside the cathedral.
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 6
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Parking for Disabled Badge holders is available – otherwise please use the city centre car parks or park and ride sites. There is some parking in the Cathedral Close - £7 all day.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Booking essential - Booking essential for tower tours.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Chinese printed material
- Czech printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Hungarian printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Latvian printed material
- Polish printed material
- Portuguese printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
- Family Fun - Activity packs for young children and special family trails.
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10
- Groups Accepted - Subject to Cathedral services.
- Salisbury Cathedral video
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good1366
- Neil HEpsom, United KingdomBetter than the usual tourist church visit.Tuesday, 17th November 2020This is more than just the usual church visit. There are descriptions of its history and the Magna Carta exhibition was very interesting. Guided tours are not possible currently but the guides are... Read full review
- 0sarahvSalisbury, United KingdomChristmas tree trail. Beautiful place in our city whether during the day or in the evening.Saturday, 12th December 2020Love living near the cathedral. A beautiful building all times of day and times of year. Lots to see for all ages. Read full review
- BroadhurstBasingstoke, United KingdomPleasant time in a quiet cathedralMonday, 14th December 2020We had not booked in advance, just turned up and paid on the door. Very few visitors, a great chance to take in the peace and serenity of the space. The staff are very friendly, welcoming and... Read full review
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2013
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Hall of Fame 2018
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020