Collection of aircraft, cockpits, replicas and models weapons and trials equipment to show the story of flight and flight test in the UK.
The cockpits are mostly open and you can sit in and use the controls.
There are guides to answer questions and show you round.
Exhibits of national importance including the unique Sea Harrier XZ 457 and the rare Comit C Mk 2 Sagittarius.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£25.50 per ticket|
|Senior/Student/Serving members of HM forces||£8.00 per ticket|
Concession price applies to seniors, students and serving members of HM forces with ID.
Annual tickets available twice the above price (visit as many times as you wish for a year).
Groups of 10+: 25% reduction for Pre-Organised Parties of more than 10 people (adult supervisors of children groups at child price).
|Summer Opening (18 Feb 2021 - 4 Nov 2021)|
* Open Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm.
Not open Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Airfield Cafe available
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Indoor Attraction
- Min group size - 10
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Take the A345 off the A303 at Amebury. At the roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn left onto A338, at traffic lights turn right. Turn left onto Lancester Way - at the end of the hangar turn right.From Salisbury take A345 (to Amesbury) at roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn right onto A338 and follow instructions above.
Public Transport Directions
Close to Park and Ride bus route 501 Beehive.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good67
- ahudatChingford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFabulous PlaceMonday, 30th August 2021Fabulous place, very interesting discovery. Rich in history and excellent exhibitions, get involved with truly interactive experience not like other museums where they tell you 'Do Not Touch... Read full review
- AlanG2112Congleton, United KingdomExcellent 3 hour VisitTuesday, 31st August 2021Spent 3 very interesting hours here as its exhibits are very accessible and the guides who are mainly ex RAF are very friendly and knowledgeable Read full review
- U8114KZpaulbSmarden, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesYou too can be a fast jet pilot!Thursday, 2nd September 2021One of our lesser known Aviation Museums but really worth a visit! Aircraft cockpits are accessible, indeed you are encouraged to climb in! Now that is a rarity! Staff are all volunteers, mostly with... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021