*Boscombe Down Aviation Collection is now open. They’ve made a few changes to the way they operate in order to keep everyone as safe as possible. See their website for more details.*
Collection of aircraft, cockpits, replicas and models weapons and trials equipment to show the story of flight and flight test in the UK.
The cockpits are mostly open and you can sit in and use the controls.
There are guides to answer questions and show you round.
Exhibits of national importance including the unique Sea Harrier XZ 457 and the rare Comit C Mk 2 Sagittarius.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£9.50 per ticket|
|Child||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||£25.50 per ticket|
|Senior/Student/Serving members of HM forces||£8.00 per ticket|
Concession price applies to seniors, students and serving members of HM forces with ID.
Annual tickets available twice the above price (visit as many times as you wish for a year).
Groups of 10+: 25% reduction for Pre-Organised Parties of more than 10 people (adult supervisors of children groups at child price).
|Summer Opening (18 Feb 2020 - 4 Nov 2020)|
* Open Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm.
Not open Christmas, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Airfield Cafe available
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Take the A345 off the A303 at Amebury. At the roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn left onto A338, at traffic lights turn right. Turn left onto Lancester Way - at the end of the hangar turn right.From Salisbury take A345 (to Amesbury) at roundabout by Beehive Park and Ride turn right onto A338 and follow instructions above.
Public Transport Directions
Close to Park and Ride bus route 501 Beehive.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good65
- colinf296Salisbury, United KingdomOutstanding and unique collectionTuesday, 24th March 2020This collection is a must for anyone with an interest in aviation. Run by a dedicated team of volunteers the exhibits are many and varied with access to cockpits as well as the history of the nearby... Read full review
- colinf296Salisbury, United KingdomAn outstanding museumSunday, 19th July 2020It has been quite a while since I last visited and they have recently re-opened after lockdown. All the necessary Covid-19 precautions are in place and the guides are as enthusiastic as ever. There... Read full review
- Hunslett1969FascinatingFriday, 24th July 2020The volunteers I met there are all retired RAF staff and were extremely enthusiastic about the museum. They had a good knowledge of the aircraft on site, and many anecdotes to share. Interesting... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020