Built in 1880 as a grain mill, Fisherton Mill is the south of England’s largest independent gallery with an award-winning onsite café & artist studios. Soon to celebrate 25 years under the ownership of Michael & Deborah Fox, it is a haven for discerning shopaholics and foodies alike. Set over two floors the Mill retains many original features which add to the atmosphere.
The Gallery exhibits work by many leading artists, furniture makers and sculptors as well as an ever-changing array of jewellery, ceramics, glasswork and decorative items. There are also studio workshops on site.
The Gallery Café is the only eatery in Salisbury to be listed in the Good Food Guide 2019. It serves a great selection of homemade cakes. Lunch is light and modern using fresh produce prepared to order, with healthy choices for children. There is courtyard seating for fine days. Around the courtyard and on the first floor are creative studios where you can visit artists and designers at work, and take in the exhibitions in our Main Gallery.
Centrally situated in Salisbury, mid-way between the Market Square and Railway Station along Fisherton Street and close to the central carpark – look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No admission charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Not open on bank holidaysDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor only
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour +
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- No Smoking Attraction
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 5
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - pre-booking required, please
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
- Fisherton Mill Cafe
- Discover Fisherton Mill Studios
- Discover Fisherton Mill Gallery
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good39
- kayscottSalisbury, United KingdomA hidden gem in Salisbury that is well worth seeking out!Tuesday, 18th August 2020Fisherton Mill is an absolute gem of a place, slightly hidden away but only a 5 minute walk from either the station or the city centre. It's well worth seeking out! Wonderful workshops and artisan... Read full review
- MrsH104Royal Tunbridge Wells, United KingdomA little gemSaturday, 29th August 2020I foolishly said to my husband that I'd only be half an hour. Oops! I'm passionate about art and crafts and it was so heart-warming to see such a big space bustling with activity. I didn't have time... Read full review
- StokenightingaleWinchester, United KingdomLeave enough time to mooch as it's worth it!Friday, 9th October 2020A brilliant find in Salisbury 5 mins from good parking. Has everything the discerning independent artist buyer could wish for from a huge selection of artisan cards to sculptures and paintings with... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous FSB Worldpay UK Business Awards 2016 - Winner Best Family Business 2016 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Observer Food Monthly Awards Best Cheap Eats West 2017 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Best Local Restaurant in the Southwest 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous South Wiltshire Business of the Year Awards Finalist 2017 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous The Observer Food Monthly Awards 2018 – Runner up 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021