Built in 1880 as a grain mill, Fisherton Mill is the south of England’s largest independent gallery with an award-winning on-site café & artist studios; a haven for discerning shopaholics and foodies alike. Set over two floors the Mill retains many original features which add to the atmosphere.
The Gallery exhibits work by many leading artists, furniture makers and sculptors as well as an ever-changing array of jewellery, ceramics, glasswork and decorative items. Around the courtyard and on the first floor are creative studios where you can visit artists and designers at work, take in the exhibitions in the Main Gallery or try your hand at a new skill with one of the many workshops on offer.
The Gallery Café is the only eatery in Salisbury to be listed in the Good Food Guide 2019 and more recently received a Muddy Stilettos Award for the Best Café in Wiltshire 2021. It serves delicious coffee and a great selection of home-made cakes. Lunch is light and modern using fresh produce prepared to order, with healthy choices for children. There is courtyard seating for fine days.
Centrally situated in Salisbury, mid-way between the Market Square and Railway Station along Fisherton Street and close to the central car park – look out for the orange flags above the archway entrance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No admission charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Not open on bank holidaysDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor only
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour +
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- Min group size - 5
- No Smoking Attraction
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - pre-booking required, please
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
- Fisherton Mill Cafe
- Discover Fisherton Mill Studios
- Discover Fisherton Mill Gallery
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good40
- Amber SBrighton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely place for a moochThursday, 26th August 2021We had a lovely walk round the gallery and shop at The Fisherton mill. So much to look at and take in with a lovely art exhibition as well. Always good to support independent businesses so would... Read full review
- SimonWalworthSalisbury, United KingdomA treasure trove and a lovely cafeWednesday, 27th October 2021The place to go for a special gift, great little cafe with excellent coffee and cakes. Many local artists exhibiting include some lovely jewellery, ceramics and a great selection of cards. Read full review
- MrandMrsICHBIEngland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot fully openFriday, 27th May 2022Many of the individual galleries we closed, the main building included a cafe which seemed to generate the most visitors. Overall disappointing. Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Observer Food Monthly Awards - Runner up 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous South Wiltshire Business of the Year Awards Finalist 2017 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Muddy Stilettos – Winner 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- TripAdvisor Awards 2021 - Travellers' Choice - TripAdvisor 2021