After the commemorations of 2018, this 64th Edington Music Festival returns to more joyful territory with its theme of ‘Laudate Dominum!’
Over the eight days of the Festival, our music programme accompanies an examination of the interaction between worship and different aspects of the world in which we live, from education to public service, through science and not least through music.
From polyphony and plainchant to new commissions, Benjamin Britten’s great ‘Rejoice in the Lamb’ and a performance of Maurice Duruflé’s timeless Requiem, our three choirs and our festival Organists will offer music to fulfil and uplift the spirits.
The music calendar below also includes details of the Wednesday BBC live broadcast, the Musical Supper, and the Saturday Festival lunch; we hope to see you at as many services and other events as possible.
|2020 (23 Aug 2020 - 30 Aug 2020)|
- Picnic Site - There is a picnic area opposite the church, otherwise The Three Daggers in Edington offers meals in both the Farm Shop and the Pub.
- Toilets - There are toilets in the church car park alongside.
- Indoor Event - All services take place inside the church
- Village Location - The Priory Church is on the edge of Edington village
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Limited. There is disabled parking outside the church.
- Parking (free) - Most car parking is on the grass verge along Monastery Road
Map & Directions
Edington is on the B3098, west of Westbury.
Public Transport Directions
Westbury train station 4 miles, on the Paddington-Bristol main line.