Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort is among the finest luxury 4-star hotels in Wiltshire, ideally situated just 18 miles east of Bath on the A4 between Calne and Chippenham. Nestled in the stunning Bowood Estate, the hotel and resort are surrounded by beautiful parkland, making it the perfect retreat. Whether you are looking for a weekend escape, golf or spa breaks, family holidays or just getting away from it all you will find it here at Bowood.
Each of the hotel’s 43 luxurious bedrooms and suites offer a perfect night’s sleep with luxuriously comfy beds, spacious bathrooms and everything to make your stay a memorable one.
Escape to the tranquillity and elegance of Queenwood Lodge, a private 4-bedroom Georgian House, situated in its own grounds a short drive from Bowood Hotel, sleeping up to eight adult guests. Enjoy a taste of luxury with your own private host and chef during your stay, with our dinner, bed & breakfast package, or simply shut the door and enjoy time to yourselves with a self-catering break.
The Shelburne Restaurant & Bar
Enjoy a safe and relaxed dining experience with panoramic views of Bowood’s pristine parklands at our Hotel’s Two AA Rosette Shelburne Restaurant. Home of all-day dining, you can also enjoy a drink in the Bar & Hotel Library.
The Restaurant serves everything from an AA Gold Award-winning locally sourced Wiltshire breakfast, to a light lunch brunch or lunch available from 10:30am until the early evening and dinner from 19:00pm.
Our menus feature contemporary, freshly prepared inventive dishes from our Executive Head Chef, Rupert Taylor as well as other Bowood Classics perfect for any occasion.
On Sunday, join us for a traditional Sunday Lunch served from 12:00pm. Our seasonal Sunday Lunch Menu changes weekly based on what is in season and features favourites everyone will love, such as two perfectly-roasted types of meat, a fish of the day and a vegetarian and vegan dish.
The Clubhouse Brasserie
Located in the Clubhouse at Bowood Hotel, the Brasserie is a welcoming lounge bar with its own terrace overlooking picturesque parkland, serving traditional English food. Join us for a tasty meal, enjoy a drink with friends or relax after a long day on the golf course.
Our award winning Spa combines personal and professional service, idyllic views, luxurious treatments and top facilities to provide you with a sublime and relaxing experience.
From spa days and signature treatments, to luxurious spa breaks and memberships, we have all the ingredients for complete rejuvenation. Experience our infinity swimming pool, Jacuzzi, rock sauna, crystal steam room, aromatherapy shower, full specification gym with the latest Technogym equipment and personal trainers, Spa bar, treatment rooms and expert therapists.
Bowood PGA Golf Course & Golf Academy
Designed by Dave Thomas and opened for play in 1992, Bowood’s PGA 18 holes are rated as the best golf course in Wiltshire. Winding its way through picturesque valleys, streams and woodland, Bowood is an experience for all levels of golfer, from beginner to expert. Our facilities also include a PGA Golf Academy, 3-hole ‘Academy’ practice course and putting greens, a floodlit covered driving range, tuition from Bowood’s team of of PGA Professionals, Pro Shop and custom club fitting facilities, buggy and trolley hire and halfway house for on-course refreshments.
Bowood House and Gardens (April to October)
Discover the rich and fascinating history of Bowood House and the Lansdowne family, set within 100 acres of beautifully landscaped ‘Capability’ Brown Parkland. Surrounding the Georgian House is the Italian-inspired Terrace Garden, Private Walled Gardens, herbaceous border and arboretum, with its vast collection of trees leading down to the magnificent mile long lake.
Children will be entertained for hours, with the adrenaline-fuelled Adventure Playground featuring a life size pirate ship to a soft play area for the younger children. A hop, skip and a jump away is Tractor Ted Little Farm with a barn full of friendly farm animals.
…..a fabulous destination resort in the southwest of England, offering exclusive conferencing facilities and corporate days as well as wedding celebrations, weekend breaks and rural escapes, steeped in fascinating history and surrounded by breath-taking views.
To explore Bowood’s fabulous range of facilities and experiences, including weekday and weekend escapes, spa breaks, golf breaks, family breaks, festive breaks and luxury spa days, please visit www.bowood.org.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Courtyard Double||£210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Courtyard with Disabled Access||£210.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Parkland Double||£230.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Courtyard Four Poster Suite||£330.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Courtyard Suite||£290.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Parkland Double with Balcony||£250.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Parkland Four Poster Suite||£350.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Parkland Suite||£310.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Tower Room||£250.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Inclusive of a full Wiltshire or Continental breakfast, use of ‘The Spa’ facilities, complimentary access to Bowood House & Gardens (April – October), free Wi-Fi and VAT. Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, Spa Break, Golf Break and Special Offer Packages are also available. Please visit www.bowood.org for details.
|Open New Year|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including Christmas and New Year.
- Facilities for Disabled Visitors
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- Wedding Venue
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Spa bath
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Courtesy transport to airport - Charge applicable
- Courtesy transport to airport (Charge Applicable)
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available - Bridal suite and another
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Biomass heating; sedum roofing
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Golf
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Just off of the A4 between Calne and Chippenham, 18 miles East of Bath
Public Transport Directions
Chippenham is the nearest rail station (4 miles).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good476
- Emma FWiltshire, United KingdomBeautiful HotelMonday, 11th October 2021We had a family gathering here for a 60th Birthday, the hotel were brilliant from arrival to departing. We all checked in on time and very quickly considering there were 6 separate families to book... Read full review
- SmallWallahLondonGreat value for an all-in packageMonday, 11th October 2021Room was perfectly provided for in terms of amenities. There is a good spa, breakfast was very good (although service a little slow due to CoVid). We had an excellent dinner in a private room and the... Read full review
- Annabella17Leicester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFirst Class, faultless stay!Wednesday, 13th October 2021We visited Bowood with friends for two nights on a spa and golf package. Absolutely everything about our stay was faultless. We upgraded to rooms with course view and balcony which were amazing. The... Read full review