Bowood Hotel will reopen from 6 July. Find out more about their COVID-19 safety measures.
The PGA Golf Course is welcoming both members and guests with revised operational procedures. The Grounds and Terraced Gardens at Bowood House, as well as the children’s Adventure Playground, are open for hotel guests to enjoy. Bowood House, Stables Restaurant, Treehouse Café and the Spa at Bowood remain closed for now.
Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort is among the finest luxury 4-star hotels in Wiltshire, ideally situated just 18 miles east of Bath on the A4 between Calne and Chippenham. Nestled in the stunning Bowood Estate, the hotel and resort are surrounded by beautiful parkland, making it the perfect retreat. Whether you are looking for a weekend escape, golf or spa breaks, family holidays or just getting away from it all you will find it here at Bowood.
Each of the hotel’s 43 luxurious bedrooms and suites offer a perfect night’s sleep with luxuriously comfy beds, spacious bathrooms and everything to make your stay a memorable one.
Escape to the tranquillity and elegance of Queenwood Lodge, a private 4-bedroom Georgian House, situated in its own grounds a short drive from Bowood Hotel, sleeping up to eight adult guests. Enjoy a taste of luxury with your own private host and chef during your stay, with our dinner, bed & breakfast package, or simply shut the door and enjoy time to yourselves with a self-catering break.
The Shelburne Restaurant & Bar
Enjoy a relaxed dining experience with picture perfect views in our Shelburne Restaurant, offering all-day dining from seasonal menus. From leisurely breakfasts to long, lazy lunches and indulgent afternoon teas, you will enjoy a range of mouth-watering dishes prepared with passion and served with flair.
The Clubhouse Brasserie
Located in the Clubhouse at Bowood Hotel, the Brasserie is a welcoming lounge bar with its own terrace overlooking picturesque parkland, serving traditional English food. Join us for a tasty meal, enjoy a drink with friends or relax after a long day on the golf course.
Our award winning Spa combines personal and professional service, idyllic views, luxurious treatments and top facilities to provide you with a sublime and relaxing experience.
From spa days and signature treatments, to luxurious spa breaks and memberships, we have all the ingredients for complete rejuvenation. Experience our infinity swimming pool, Jacuzzi, rock sauna, crystal steam room, aromatherapy shower, full specification gym with the latest Technogym equipment and personal trainers, Spa bar, treatment rooms and expert therapists.
Designed by Dave Thomas and opened for play in 1992, our championship 18 holes are rated as the best golf course in Wiltshire. Winding its way through picturesque valleys, streams and woodland, Bowood is an experience to be savoured by all levels of golfer, from beginner to expert. Our facilities also include a 3-hole ‘Academy’ practice course and putting greens, a floodlit, covered driving range, tuition from our team of PGA Professionals, Pro Shop and custom club fitting facilities, buggy and trolley hire and a halfway house for on-course refreshments.
Bowood House and Gardens (April to October)
Discover the rich and fascinating history of Bowood House and the Lansdowne family, set within 100 acres of beautifully landscaped ‘Capability’ Brown Parkland. Surrounding the Georgian House is the Italian-inspired Terrace Garden, Private Walled Gardens, herbaceous border and arboretum, with its vast collection of trees leading down to the magnificent mile long lake.
Children will be entertained for hours, with the adrenaline-fuelled Adventure Playground featuring a life size pirate ship to a soft play area for the younger children. A hop, skip and a jump away is Tractor Ted Little Farm with a barn full of friendly farm animals.
…..a fabulous destination resort in the southwest of England, offering exclusive conferencing facilities and corporate days as well as wedding celebrations, weekend breaks and rural escapes, steeped in fascinating history and surrounded by breath-taking views.
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, Spa Break, Golf Break and Special Offer Packages are also available. Please visit www.bowood.org for details
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Courtyard Double||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Parkland Double||£160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Courtyard Four Poster Suite||£260.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Courtyard Suite||£220.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Parkland Double with Balcony||£180.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Parkland Four Poster Suite||£280.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Parkland Suite||£240.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Inclusive of a full Wiltshire or Continental breakfast, use of ‘The Spa’ facilities, complimentary access to Bowood House & Gardens (April – October), free Wi-Fi and VAT. Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, Spa Break, Golf Break and Special Offer Packages are also available. Please visit www.bowood.org for details.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including Christmas and New Year.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- Wedding Venue
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Spa bath
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Courtesy transport to airport - Charge applicable
- Courtesy transport to airport (Charge Applicable)
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available - Bridal suite and another
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Biomass heating; sedum roofing
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Golf
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Just off of the A4 between Calne and Chippenham, 18 miles East of Bath
Public Transport Directions
Chippenham is the nearest rail station (4 miles).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good458
- hans0n08London, United KingdomTrip Type:Couples30th Birthday CelebrationMonday, 20th July 2020Honest Review..... 3 stars given and my reasons for this will be laid out at the end of the review. Firstly the good stuff. The Bowood has to be one of the prettiest hotels I’ve stayed at, the... Read full review
- groverwashBristol, United KingdomA lovely stay and nearly perfectTuesday, 4th August 2020Overall, a very relaxing and enjoyable stay and I would it give the hotel a nearly perfect rating. Our stay was the perfect antidote to months of lockdown and a great way to celebrate our wedding... Read full review
- Clare Kanniversary trip.Wednesday, 5th August 2020We had amazing first impressions of Bowood. The hotel and grounds are lovely and so quiet. We were able to relax.They had put precautions into place which made you feel safe, the hotel was spotless... Read full review