Our boutique B&B offers delicious local breakfasts, three country-chic bedrooms, a large garden for enjoying the sunshine, and a warm welcome for all. Found in the North Wessex Downs AONB, Meadowbank House is the ideal spot for walkers, cyclists and those seeking a British staycation. Both the Ridgeway National Trail and picturesque footpaths through charming villages are on the doorstep.
By car, you can also easily explore the Cotswolds, Marlborough, Avebury, Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford and all that Wiltshire has to offer. For more on the local area, and a video of the North Wessex Downs, see our Location page.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Barbury Kingsize Double||from £70.00 to £100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Barbury single occupancy||from £65.00 to £75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Liddington Double Room||from £65.00 to £85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Liddington single occupancy||from £65.00 to £70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Uffington Kingsize ensuite||from £75.00 to £100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Uffington Single occupancy||from £70.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Barbury and Liddington rooms have a dedicated bathroom and an additional toilet.
|2021 (14 July 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - By arrangement.
- Serve lunch - Packed lunches by arrangement.
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - One
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Non smoking rooms available - All non smoking
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Locked storage for bikes
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Transport can be provided.
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying room, washing muddy boots facility, packed lunches, transporting bags on.
Map & Directions
Meadowbank House is on Medbourne Lane in the village of Liddington. Easily accessible from Junction 15 of the M4 and the A419 Cirencester Road. Follow signs from Commonhead Roundabout for Liddington, B4192, proceed up the hill and turn right onto Medbourne Lane opposite sign for Badbury. Immediate left turn up driveway, look for Meadowbank House sign in brick wall.
Public Transport Directions
Swindon station is less than 5 miles away, with regular buses to Great Western Hospital and through the village of Liddington with a bus stop minutes away from Meadowbank House. There are buses from Liddington into the town of Swindon and to Marlborough (just 8 miles away) and Hungerford.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- Daoud72London, United KingdomLovely B&B, lovely hostThursday, 19th August 2021I stayed at Meadowbank B&B when walking the Ridgeway. Jane was a wonderfully attentive host, who went the extra mile by collecting me in her car at the end of my day's hike to save me walking the... Read full review
- K6391RMandrewjVery comfortable and convenient stay whilst walking the RidgewayMonday, 23rd August 2021We stayed for two nights in August whilst walking the Ridgeway. The location of Meadowbank is really convenient and Jane is a wonderful host! She gave us lifts, we were welcomed with tea and the room... Read full review
- O7974BHadriankExcellent place to stay for King Alfred's Way cyclingSunday, 26th September 2021We had a fantastic stay. We were cycling the King Alfred's Way and our hosts were extremely helpful. They booked a table a the local pub for us before we turned up, they made space in their garage... Read full review