Set within 365 acres of Cotswold grounds, the 14th century Manor House hotel boasts character with 50 individually designed bedrooms, Michelin starred dining in Bybrook restaurant and an award-winning 18-hole golf course, making it the perfect destination for a romantic getaway, a wedding, corporate event, or just a bite to eat.
One of the best kept secrets in the South West of England, The Manor House Hotel enjoys a beautifully secluded setting alongside the picturesque village of Castle Combe, and the film location for Spielberg’s War Horse, but is just a short drive from the world famous City of Bath.
Surrounded by extensive grounds that include wild woodlands and parkland, rolling lawns, Italian gardens and kitchen gardens, there is no shortage of outdoor activities to keep you busy during your stay. Take a stroll through the ornate Italian gardens, sit down by the meandering Bybrook river, play croquet on the rolling lawns, or play a round or two of golf on the championship course designed by Peter Alliss.
Inside the hotel, a captivating labyrinth of quirky hidey holes, sumptuous lounges and open fire places await. Once you’ve found a cosy spot in the Full Glass Bar or your favourite lounge, sit back with a good book, a glass of your favourite tipple, or an award-winning afternoon tea for those with a sweet tooth.
For something a little more formal, the Michelin starred Bybrook restaurant serves lunch on Sundays and dinner every evening. For dinner you can choose between a three-course menu and seven-course tasting menu, with wine pairings chosen by our head sommelier. Taking its name after the river that runs through the hotel grounds, Bybrook restaurant is led by Executive Chef, Rob Potter and his brigade of talented chefs who use fresh produce from their very own kitchen garden and the best local boutique suppliers.
When it comes to bedrooms you are spoilt for choice, with rooms located in either the main house or row of mews cottages. Each including state-of-the-art facilities and bags of character for you to choose from; stylish furnishings, idyllic views, grand four poster beds, and even roll top, infinity or whirlpool baths.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cosy||from £265.00 to £385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Cottage Suite||from £595.00 to £715.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Master Suite||from £745.00 to £865.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Plush||from £455.00 to £565.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Smart||from £295.00 to £415.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Traditional||from £355.00 to £475.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- Additional meal details - Most special diets catered for, snacks available all day
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children all ages accepted in hotel. Minimum age limit for dinner in the Bybrook restaurant.
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Cots, extra beds, baby-sitting/nanny, highchairs.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - 250 with a marquee and 120 without. Our golf club also available for wedding receptions
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Business centre, ISDN lines
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Funcftion suites for up to 120 guests (Marquee available for up to 250 guests)
- Event venue - Function suites for up to 120 guests (Marquee available for up to 250 guests)
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages - Licensed for up to 120 guests (Marquee available for up to 250 guests)
- Night porter
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Celebrity connection - Margaret Thatcher wrote her memoirs here. Professional golfer Justin Rose married here. English cricketer Kevin Peterson married here. The Shakespeare Room commemorates Shakespeare's character Falstaff, who is believed to have been based on Sir John Fastolf who married into the Scrope family who owned The Manor House in the early 15th Century.
- Country house
- Film or TV location - The Manor House was used in the filming of Stephen Spielberg’s ‘War Horse’, ‘Stardust’ starring Rober De Niro and Sienna Miller, ‘Wolfman’ starring Anthony Hopkins and the original 'Doctor Doolittle' starring Rex Harrison.
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - The Manor House dates back to the 14thC. In the 17thC most of the front of the house was destroyed by fire and subsequently rebuilt, forming the basis of the Manor House as we see it today.
- Village Location
- Access to golf course - Own 18 hole championship course on site
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Treatments can be arranged on request
- Other sporting facilities - Full range of practice facilities
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available - Available in a selection of bedrooms
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms - Dyson
- iPod Dock
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are non-smoking
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Golfers - 18 hole championship golf course, full range of practice facilities, golf tuition. Fishermen - fishing in our trout stocked river by brook from April to September. Garden enthusiasts - The Manor is situated in 365 acres of gardens and parklands
- Special provisions for cyclists - Map of local cycling roots and pack lunches available on request
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Main house rooms. Night porter
- Special provisions for walkers - Map of local walking routes and wellington boots available on request
Map & Directions
From M4 junction 17 Take exit 17 of the M4 and follow the brown chequered flag signs to Castle Combe Racing Circuit (A350 toward Warminster, A420 towards Bristol (east) and B4039 towards Chipping Sodbury). The Manor House is well sign posted. The fully automated gates leading to the Manor House Hotel are situated on the right, immediately over the bridge.
Public Transport Directions
From Chippenham - 6 miles Taxi from station. From Bath - Bath – 10 miles Taxi from station.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good248
- noelh814London, United KingdomPoor service in a lovey locationSaturday, 4th June 2022We arrived after a long drive mid afternoon. We wanted a round of tea sandwiches and tea as we were having a large dinner later. Even though they were serving full afternoon tea we were told since... Read full review
- jimbatmanWest Linn, OregonAlmost delightfulTuesday, 28th June 2022The hotel sits on a huge expanse of beautiful countryside, and the buildings are jaw dropping in their well-maintained oldness. Service is friendly, prompt, and proper. The front desk staff don't... Read full review
- Clive YCardiffExpensive but EXCELLENTFriday, 1st July 2022We spent one night at this hotel to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had booked a traditional room with view - the room was huge with a very spacious seating area, overlooking the front lawn. We had... Read full review
- AA Awards AA - 3 Rosettes 2012
- Regional and Miscellaneous Michelin - 1 Star 2016