*Reopening in July 2020.*
Set within 365 acres of Cotswold grounds, the 14th century Manor House Hotel boasts 50 individually designed bedrooms, the Michelin starred Bybrook restaurant and an award winning 18 hole golf course making it the perfect destination for a romantic getaway, a wedding, a corporate event or just a bite to eat.
One of the best kept secrets in the South West of England, The Manor House Hotel enjoys a beautifully secluded setting alongside the village of Castle Combe, film location for Stephen Spielberg’s War Horse, but is just a short drive from the world famous city of Bath.
Surrounded by extensive grounds that include wild woodland and parkland, rolling lawns, Italian gardens and kitchen gardens, there is no shortage of outdoor activities to keep you busy during your stay. Take a stroll through the ornate Italian gardens, sit down by the meandering Bybrook river, play a game of croquet on the rolling lawns or play a round of golf on the Peter Alliss designed championship golf course.
Inside the 14th century Manor House, a captivating labyrinth of quirky hidey holes, sumptuous lounges and open fire places await. Once you’ve found a cosy spot in the Full Glass bar or your favourite lounge, sit back with a good book, a glass of your favourite tipple or an award winning afternoon tea.
For something a little more formal, the Michelin starred Bybrook restaurant serves lunch on a Sunday and dinner every evening. For dinner you can choose between a three course menu or seven course tasting menu, with wine pairings chosen by our head sommelier. Named after the river that runs through the hotel grounds, the Bybrook restaurant is led by Rob Potter and his brigade of chefs who use produce from their very own kitchen garden and the best local boutique suppliers.
With 50 individually designed bedrooms in either the Main House or Mews cottages, you are sure to find the perfect room for you. All of our rooms boast stylish furnishings, state of the art facilities, handmade mattresses and bags of character as standard. Depending on the room you choose you will also find exposed oak beams, idyllic views, grand four poster beds or a roll top, infinity or whirlpool bath.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cosy||from £205.00 to £310.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Cottage Suite||from £320.00 to £425.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Master Suite||from £370.00 to £475.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Plush||from £255.00 to £360.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Traditional||from £230.00 to £335.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Additional meal details - Most special diets catered for, snacks available all day
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children all ages accepted in hotel. Minimum age limit for dinner in the Bybrook restaurant.
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Cots, extra beds, baby-sitting/nanny, highchairs.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions - 250 with a marquee and 120 without. Our golf club also available for wedding receptions
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Business centre, ISDN lines
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Funcftion suites for up to 120 guests (Marquee available for up to 250 guests)
- Event venue - Function suites for up to 120 guests (Marquee available for up to 250 guests)
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages - Licensed for up to 120 guests (Marquee available for up to 250 guests)
- Night porter
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Celebrity connection - Margaret Thatcher wrote her memoirs here. Professional golfer Justin Rose married here. English cricketer Kevin Peterson married here. The Shakespeare Room commemorates Shakespeare's character Falstaff, who is believed to have been based on Sir John Fastolf who married into the Scrope family who owned The Manor House in the early 15th Century.
- Country house
- Film or TV location - The Manor House was used in the filming of Stephen Spielberg’s ‘War Horse’, ‘Stardust’ starring Rober De Niro and Sienna Miller, ‘Wolfman’ starring Anthony Hopkins and the original 'Doctor Doolittle' starring Rex Harrison.
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - The Manor House dates back to the 14thC. In the 17thC most of the front of the house was destroyed by fire and subsequently rebuilt, forming the basis of the Manor House as we see it today.
- Village Location
- Access to golf course - Own 18 hole championship course on site
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Treatments can be arranged on request
- Other sporting facilities - Full range of practice facilities
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available - Available in a selection of bedrooms
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms - Dyson
- iPod Dock
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are non-smoking
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Golfers - 18 hole championship golf course, full range of practice facilities, golf tuition. Fishermen - fishing in our trout stocked river by brook from April to September. Garden enthusiasts - The Manor is situated in 365 acres of gardens and parklands
- Special provisions for cyclists - Map of local cycling roots and pack lunches available on request
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Main house rooms. Night porter
- Special provisions for walkers - Map of local walking routes and wellington boots available on request
Map & Directions
From M4 junction 17 Take exit 17 of the M4 and follow the brown chequered flag signs to Castle Combe Racing Circuit (A350 toward Warminster, A420 towards Bristol (east) and B4039 towards Chipping Sodbury). The Manor House is well sign posted. The fully automated gates leading to the Manor House Hotel are situated on the right, immediately over the bridge.
Public Transport Directions
From Chippenham - 6 miles Taxi from station. From Bath - Bath – 10 miles Taxi from station.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good238
- SimonW703What a wonderful retreat!Saturday, 17th October 2020We someone managed to book at short notice into one of the cottages on the grounds, how lucky were we! We stayed in the dog friendly Archway, which was so cosy and just perfect to relax. Pre arrival... Read full review
- 17janetdBirthday treatSaturday, 17th October 2020Hi We have just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at your hotel. We found the hotel very comfortable, the staff amazing - very friendly and extremely helpful and the food excellent. We ate in... Read full review
- ericaf561Bideford, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayMrs FairbrotherMonday, 19th October 2020We recently stayed in the cottage named Millground. It was beautifully clean and a delightful room. A huge shower and a huge bath. I think if I was to be ‘picky’ I would have liked a mini bar or at... Read full review
- AA Awards AA - 3 Rosettes 2012
- Regional and Miscellaneous Michelin - 1 Star 2016