A beautifully renovated, wonderfully positioned converted chapel in the heart of one of the area's prettiest villages. Wootton Rivers is within the North Wessex downs Area of Outstanding Natural beauty, with beautiful walks along the Kennet & Avon Canal, the Ridgeway and Savernake Forest. The village has a 16th century thatched pub a few doors down from the Chapel. We are also on the National Cycle Network route 4 as well as near to great restaurants such as Stein's and Dan's in Marlborough.
Perfect for couples looking for a quiet, romantic retreat or young families with one or two small children. The master bedroom is open to the stairs (stair gates top and bottom if required) with bedroom 2 off the main bedroom. (You are welcome to book for three adults as long as you are happy that the person in bedroom 2 must access the stairs and bathroom through the main bedroom.)
The kitchen is fully equipped including dishwasher and washing machine. There is also a heated airer, iron and ironing board at the property. The shower room has under-floor heating.
There is a large fenced garden overlooking a field which has many interesting visitors such as rabbits, deer and barn owls, amongst others. There is an outdoor eating space just outside the french windows so you can take in the views. Guest access the whole property. Interaction with guests. We are available to contact most of the time on the telephone but please be aware that we both work during the week and so please bear with us if we don't reply immediately.
There will be an emergency contact number at the property. When we are in the village (we live very nearby) we can come to greet you or answer any queries.
Other things to note For foodies their is a wide choice of excellent pubs and restaurants in the local area, including: Rick Stein's, Dan's and Zaika in Marlborough, The Swan in Grafton, Red Lion in West Chisenbury, The Outside Chance in Manton, The Bell at West Overton and many others. For those using the Old Chapel as a base to explore, we are only 20 mins (11 miles) by car from Avebury Neolithic Stone Circle and 35 mins (20 miles) from the more famous Stonehenge!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Old Chapel||from £105.00 to £120.00 per unit per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Available to book every night of the year, minimum two night stay. Check in any time from 4pm, check out by 11am.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Max 1 child over age 5, max 2 children under age of 5.
- Accept children all ages
- Accept Children Over 3
- Children's play area - Play park close by in the village
- Children's videos/DVDs available - Accessible via Netfllix on the television
- Facilities for children
- Broadband Internet Access
- Countryside Location
- Dogs Accepted
- Electricity inc in rate
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen provided
- Log Fire
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - One pet which must not go upstairs
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Weekend breaks
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Parking space for one car and on road parking next to the property for any others
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted - Via Airbnb.
- Cash & Cheque accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour TV
- Drying Facilities
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ironing Facilities
- Microwave in all units
- Oven / Cooker
- Towels Available
- Underfloor heating
- Washing Machine
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Mobile Phone Reception
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Wood burning stove
Map & Directions
M4 from London, take J14 onto the A338 towards Hungerford then take the A4, Bath Road to Marlborough. Take left onto Savernake Road; take right onto Ram Alley; right onto A346; take left onto Forest Road and continue for 1.1 mile. The Old Chapel is on the left.
Public Transport Directions
- Pewsey, 3.3 miles (9 minutes by car) 4.1 miles along the canal (20 minutes by bike; 1hr 10 on foot)
- Heathrow: 66.5 miles (1hr 20 by car)
- Southampton: 45.4 miles (1hr by car)
- Bristol: 62.5 miles (1hr 20 by car)
- Luton: 95 miles (1hr 50 by car)