Allium is an independent, family-run fine dining restaurant, serving the best of modern British cuisine, located in the centre of the beautiful charter market city of Salisbury. Overlooking the bustling market square, Allium is perfectly situated for dining out with friends, business lunches, delicious dinners and celebrating those important moments. At Allium, we offer enticing, well prepared food, handled with dedication and respect, and enhanced by the welcoming atmosphere and comfortable surroundings of the restaurant. Our friendly, dedicated team will ensure that you have a memorable experience.
We pride ourselves on using the best fresh seasonal produce. Tim Tonkin, our head chef and proprietor, strives for excellence, and delivers creativity and passion in every dish. Tim and his team devise innovative menus that evolve with the seasons, with a focus on variety, perfectly balanced flavours, and beautiful presentation.
Wherever appropriate, we use locally sourced produce. Our fish, poultry and meat is all free-range/extensively/sustainably farmed. For example, our beef is from outdoor grass-fed Aberdeen Angus cattle, and our halibut is supplied by Gigha Halibut.
We obtain our wines from a local supplier who sources them from carefully selected vineyards around the world. Our selection includes organic and vegan (clarified without isinglass or albumen) options.
|Lunch (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Evening (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
- Bar - within the restaurant
- Cater for vegans - Vegan options for most courses can be made on request
- Cater for vegetarians - There is always at least one vegetarian starter, main and dessert on the menu
- Dairy-Free Options Available - Dairy free dishes can be made on request
- Gluten-Free & Coeliac Options Available - Gluten Free & Coeliac Options can be made on request
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - Yes on request, ideally with notice
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's menu - No, dishes can be tweaked on request
- Booking required
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Exclusive hire of restaurant - by prior arrangement
- Family Friendly
- Groups accepted - by prior arrangement
- Independent Business
- Locally-sourced produce
- Number of covers - 16
- Number of people seated - 16
- Open All Year
- Pre/post theatre menu - This has been suspended for the time being
- In town/city centre - central Market Square position
- Unique venue - Overlooking busy Market Square in Salisbury
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - In various city centre car parks
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Cash accepted - Usually yes but preferably not during Covid-19
- Contactless payment accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Themed Events
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
You can park at the Central Car Park and then walk through the Maltings to reach the Market Square.
From Old George Mall car park the Market Square is a short two minute walk.
There is no parking at the restaurant.
Public Transport Directions
Allium is situated on the first floor of 6-7 Ox Row overlooking the market square. Most bus routes terminate on Blue Boar Row so Allium is a short walk across the Market Square.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021