The only motor museum in Wiltshire. The majority of the exhibits are cars from the 1920s onwards plus a collection of motorcycles, mopeds and bicycles. There is also interesting memorabilia, the Jack Spittle Model Lorry Collection plus a reconstructed 1930s style garage complete with vehicles. Coaches welcome, light refreshments can be provided by prior arrangement.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.00 per ticket|
|Child/Students||£1.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 (18 May 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* During the summer (throughout April to October) the museum is open Tuesday-Sunday inclusive 10am-5pm and bank holidays.
Off season opening hours (throughout November, February and March) are Thursday-Sunday inclusive 11am-4pm.
Winter opening hours (throughout December and January, except Christmas Day when the museum is closed) are Saturday and Sunday 11am-4pm.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Only at weekends, drinks and snacks with cakes and sandwiches provided by arrangement.
- Picnic Site
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 60
- Min group size - 10
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- MasterCard accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.No group visits Fri or Sat, other evenings by arrangement.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A4. signposted off the A4, east of Calne.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Chippenham station. Get bus or taxi A4 to Calne, then A4 towards Marlborough. Alternatively, take the Wiggly Bus.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good32
- chrishW391DQTrip Type:CouplesA welcomed step back in timeSunday, 25th July 2021A great way to step back in time for a couple of hours. Surround yourself in cars, memorabilia & memories from bygone days. Ran by an enthusiastic team of people with knowledge of their passion for... Read full review
- LsboroChippenham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely museumMonday, 23rd August 2021Visited with two young grandchildren. Very welcoming, plenty to see and readily engaged with children and had activities for them. The museum is well laid out and very interesting, bringing back... Read full review
- alacarte151Chichester, United KingdomThe nostalgia was so thick you could cut it with a knifeSaturday, 28th August 2021What a gem of a museum! Lovely selection of vehicles and all in great condition. The lovely thing about walking around the buildings is that the majority of the vehicles were actually the ones you... Read full review