Bluestone is a family owned and family run business located outside of Salisbury directly off the A303. With easy access and so much to see and do it is the perfect place to spend half a day, a whole day or even a few hours. Located adjacent to a family petting farm, which is perfect for entertaining the kids. It even has a great little cafe serving all kinds of delicious hot meals, cold snacks and drinks galore! The coffee is amazing and is roasted and blended locally in Andover.
The vineyard is beautiful and on our good days in England when the sun is shining and there are no clouds to be seen, you could mistake yourself for being on a vineyard in the Mediterranean. The vineyard is immaculately kept and the focus of the vineyard management is on the quality of the fruit, so aesthetics don’t necessarily come first. It’s all about balance. It just so happens balance looks great and tastes so good.
We currently provide vineyard walks and wine tastings bookable via our website. These take a few hours and are a great way to discover a very high standard of English grape growing and English sparkling wine. It is taken by one of the owners, Toby or Nat, who manages the vineyards by themselves (with some much needed volunteer help at harvest). You will get a very intimate and informal tour where you can touch upon anything wine related and ask anything. It’s a safe place.
We can offer a number of wine related activities for one and all from comparison tastings to food pairings. If it involves food and wine, we’ve got you covered. Just get in touch and we can create a wine experience that fits your needs.
The vineyards & brand were named as such as a nod to the local and World renowned heritage site, Stonehenge. This part of Wiltshire has a long established history of great importance and continues to be very important to the local and national economy. We hope to encapsulate the longevity of this iconic monument and build that into our brand, our wines and what we hope to offer the surrounding community for years to come.
Bluestone Vineyards consists of 3 distinctly different sites totalling 10 acres planted with the recognisable chardonnay, pinot noir and the lesser known, pinot meunier. Each site has specific blocks expertly located and playing to the individual strengths and characteristics of each grape variety. In the winery this enables us a greater ‘palette with which to paint our masterpieces’. Bluestone is wholeheartedly focussed on creating artisanal sparkling wines made from grapes grown in our vineyards in WIltshire. From the 2019 vintage onwards this will be the case.
Looking to the future we are focussing on wine tourism, adding to Wiltshire's pull as a premium food & drink destination county. In the meantime, it is a slow and steady pace growing towards our goals. All we can do for now is to provide artisanal and high quality English sparkling wines with honesty and great passion.
Decanter World Wine Awards - Bronze Award
WineGB Wessex Regional Awards - Bronze Award & Trophy for best small producer of sparkling wine
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Vineyard Tour & Wine Tasting||£15.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* The above dates and times are general. It is likely that we will be on site and someone can contact us to deal with a customer. Over the next 12 months we will develop a specific home for Bluestone with more concrete opening times for drop-in visitors. At the moment, including but not limited to the days and times above, we would prefer people to pre-arrange or pre-book their visits.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Shop - Associated with Farm Park
- On-Site café/restaurant - Associated with Farm Park
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3 - Access (Ticketed) to Farm Park as addition
- Coach drop-off point - Large car park for coach to drop off or park if prior notice is given during peak times
- Event Venue - Bluestone Wedding Events
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking - Prior notice needed to accommodate coaches
- On-site parking or valet parking - On- site parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe - Associated with Farm Park
- Open All Year - Flexible. Contact directly to avoid disappointment. Private groups can be accommodated all year round
- Picnic Area
- Shop - Associated with Farm Park
- Tea / Coffee Shop - Associated with Farm Park
- Approx length of visit - 1hr 30mins - 2hrs 30mins
- Families - Can accommodate families. Notice needed to allow for a child friendly tasting (Non-alcoholic)
- Groups - Advanced notice needed preferably.
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment only - Drop in for casual tastings and Cellar Door bottle sales. Appointments appreciated
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - Flexible. Can be booked by appointment for private groups.
- Outdoor Attraction
- Stag and Hen Parties
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking - Preferably notice in advance.
- American Express accepted
- Android pay accepted
- Apple pay accepted
- Booking essential
- Cash accepted
- Contactless payment accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Access to Bluestone vineyards either by the A303 or the A338. Use postcode SP4 0EW in google maps or sat nav. The Vineyard is located on the same premises as Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm Park. (If you can see different national flags and a large gravel car park you’re in the right place).
Public Transport Directions
Salisbury Reds, Bus number 66. The Crown Inn stop. 1 Mile walk (20 minutes) to the vineyard.
Times From Endless Street, Salisbury to Shipton Bellinger (Request Stop at The Crown, Cholderton): 07.26; 07.47; 08.30; 09.15; 10.15; 11.15; 12.15 & 13.15
Times from The Crown Inn, Cholderton to Salisbury: 16.53 & 18.36