Cholderton Farm is now open 10am-5.30pm, Thursdays-Mondays during Term Time. During school holidays, the farm is open 7 days a week. Online booking essential.
Cholderton Rare Rare Breeds Farm is an RBST (Rare Breeds Survival Trust) registered Farm, offering a fantastic-value, fun filled family day out, suitable for all ages and interests!
There are so many gorgeous animals for you to meet, feed, cuddle and pet, most of which are fine examples of British Rare Breeds! Down on The Farm you will find: Pigs, Rabbits, Goats, a Donkey, Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Ponies, Sheep and MORE! All of these are displaying all their furry friends in great enclosures so all ages can easily see and touch most of the animals!
There are also great animal activities throughout the day, giving guests lots of opportunities to interact with the animals and the helpful and friendly staff who will gladly answer all of your questions about the animals on The Farm, no matter how wacky! During peak times and weather permitting, there are also Tractor-Trailer Rides around the Grazing Field, which is a great and fun experience! Call ahead to ensure the activities are running.
There are lots of play equipment and areas including the indoor Playbarn as well as well as the Adventure Play area with Treehouse and Zip-Line! There is much more play equipment around The Farm, including: Climbing Frames, Trampolines as well as a Nature Walk, Water Gardens and so much more! See if you can find the wild badgers, deer, foxes, squirrels, peacocks, stoats and many other wild animals, when you're walking down on The Farm.
Conveniently located on-site, there is the Kitchen, Café & Bar, serving delicious homemade food, drinks and cakes all day every day, welcoming guests to just pop in to the cafe for food or drinks, it's a great meeting place even if it's too cold for you to visit the farm itself! There is a gorgeous Gift Shop packed full with some great gifts, toys, homeware and other local artisan products, pop in and have a browse or shop while you wait for your food!
BUY TICKETS ONLINE TO SAVE!
Bluestone Vineyards is a family run enterprise, located in glorious Wiltshire countryside, fairly close to the ancient monument of Stonehenge. A new, on the block grape grower and artisanal wine producer, we specialise in the highest quality fruit for our sparkling wines and are proud to say that our first Bluestone Classic Cuvee has just been awarded a 2019 Decanter Bronze. 10 acres of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier are meticulously managed by brothers, Nathaniel and Toby, in fact the whole family gets involved, sharing the passion.
In addition to drinking in the view, Bluestone Vineyards offers individual and group visitors guided vineyard walks and wine tastings, starting from £15pp. Wine tour packages can be tailored to suit, for example a popular choice is to enjoy a delicious local food platter after the wine tasting, in the setting of the vineyard. An extended wine tasting can also be offered to incorporate a wider range of selected, quality English and local wines and guests have enjoyed an indulgent afternoon tea to finish. For a quirky conclusion, we can also provide an Alpaca walk through the woods and vineyard..
For further information, visit our website www.bluestonevineyards.co.uk email firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07501 091132
“Visit our website to book tickets today and save!”
Please note: under 18’s require adult supervision on The Farm at all times. Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm LLP accepts cash and all valid credit & debit cards. Cheques are no longer accepted.
Please Note: we do not permit dogs on The Farm, except assistance dogs.
Information for guests with disabilities:
One carer may go free with a disabled guest aged 2 years and over.
Disabled parking spaces are available, just ask if you cannot find one, we have another car park!
Wheelchair access on The Farm is reasonable however we do advise guests of our natural farm terrain, as most of The Farm is grass and it can become muddy in wet weather.
The Farm has disabled access toilet facilities both down on The Farm and in The Shop & Cafe area.
|Spring/Summer (1 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|Autumn/Winter (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
* Closed on 24th - 26th & 31st December - 1st January
Please visit our website to book tickets online - under 2's GO FREE!
Spring & Summer
Autumn & Winter
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Garden Centre
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- On-Site café/restaurant - Lunches, snacks, cream teas. Sits 90 people.
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Out of Hours Visits
- Approx length of visit - Four hours
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - There are many things that are under cover including play areas and picnic areas.
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
- French spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - free
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 8
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Not Bank Holidays. Minimum of 10 - no maximum unless staying in hostel (70).
Map & Directions
Just off the A303 between Andover and Amesbury OR from the A338 (Salisbury to Marlborough road) signposted with brown tourism signs "rare breeds farm".
Public Transport Directions
The nearest railway station is Grateley (approx. 3.5 miles) and Salisbury (approx. 9 miles). Wilts & Dorset Bus number 63 & 64 to Cholderton village from Salisbury ( Or bus to Stonehenge, stop in Amesbury and share taxi to farm
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good64
- LM_JacksonSalisbury, United KingdomIt’s over it’s peak....Sunday, 11th October 2020A couple of years ago I feel the farm was at its peak. We even had season tickets! I completely understand COVID has meant they have had to implement certain restrictions and some worked really well... Read full review
- Sflw22Great COVID friendly day outMonday, 12th October 2020Great day out! We had a great visit here today, A perfect day out for a 7 year old, 5 year old and baby! Lots of hand washing facilities and clear direction where to stand when seeing the animals... Read full review
- Alice_lalaBTrip Type:FamilyGreat way to spend the afternoonWednesday, 14th October 2020Given the challenges that Covid is supplying in plenty, I think they are doing an outstanding job. Plenty of social distancing around the farm, great signage reminders dotted about and plenty of hand... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020