*Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens are reopen from 17 June. Please review their new safety measures before visiting. *
Stroll around the Park and enjoy uninterrupted views of the animals, so it feels as though you are in a wild setting. Watch Rhinos graze on the Gothic Manor House lawns with only a ha-ha between you.
Get eye-to-eye with Giraffe at the Giraffer Walkway, walk with Lemurs or explore the Old Walled Garden’s Tropical House with free-roaming Sloths, Birds and Bats. Watch the Penguins being fed daily at 11am & 3pm. Take a ride on Bella the Train or explore the Skymaze treehouse adventure playground. The stunning gardens, themed borders, exotic planting and seasonal displays, make a beautiful backdrop to the animals.
Stroll around the park and see our Asiatic lions lazing around in their enclosure. Plus, don’t forget to see the daily Penguin show in the walled garden. You can also get involved behind the scenes and be a keeper for a day or experience an animal enclosure. To do something extra special why not adopt an animal. You can discover all this excitement watching their live webcams on the website.
The Park is divided into four sections each with its own team of keepers to care for the animals in those areas.
Set in over 160 acres of beautiful parklands the Park has an amazingly diverse collection of species many of which are endangered in the wild. Our dedicated and caring Keepers are passionate about the animals in their care and the opportunity to share their knowledge with the public.
Our beautiful gardens are carefully tended by our creative team of gardeners who make every corner of the Park a joy to visit. So, you can bring your friends and family and know that you will be in good hands! Also, if you’re travelling with a dog this is a dog friendly establishment so you can bring them along, some places may have restrictions so be sure to have a look at the website before you plan your visit.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Over 65 years||£10.50|
Please see website for prices and opening times’
Save money off the gate-entry prices by buying e-tickets from the website www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily from 10am.
Open every day, except Christmas Day.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - We have recently installed a Changing Places toilet near the Gift shop opposite the disabled car parking. It comprises: • A free standing, height adjustable, moveable, adult sized changing bed. This can be used in conjunction with the shower. • Ceiling hoist, sling and track • Shower (hoist reaches shower). • Washbasin and peninsular toilet. This changing facility is only for paying customers who are visiting the Park and is available daily from 10am to 4.30pm in summer and to 3.30pm in winter. Customers wanting to use this facility must ask in the Gift Shop (next door) for the security code for the door.
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Dog Friendly
- Dogs Accepted - On a lead and under adult control
- Open All Year
- Approx length of visit - 4-5 hours
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens - Our Gardens are very popular with senior citzens RHS Partner Garden in 2015
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Daily Penguin Feeding 11am & 3pm, Lemur Talk & Feed at 12 noon
- Educational Visits Accepted - Talks available on a variety of Key stage topics
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
We are on the A361 between Lechlade and Burford. We are approximately 17 miles from Swindon.From the M4 take Junction 15 on the A419 towards Swindon and follow the brown signs from the A419, through Highworth and then Lechlade.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest Train station in Charlbury Station about 11 miles away. From the station you need to take a taxi as there are no buses from the station to the Park or Burford.There are buses to Lechlade from Swindon. You will need to take a taxi from Lechlade (6 miles away). There are buses to Carterton (4 miles away) and the top of the hill in Burford (2.5 miles away), but again you will need to take a taxi from the bus.
- Cotswold Wildlife Park Video
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good877
- trshackslondonWorth a visit totallyMonday, 26th October 2020The setting is awesome, a great country estate with plenty of animals roaming around, great for families or couples. If into photography then you will be in for a treat coming here. Read full review
- Koala_Keith52Trip Type:CouplesTotal disregard for public health and safetyMonday, 26th October 2020The gift shop is extremely well managed with regard to Covid-19 restrictions, but don’t be fooled. The rest of the park is total chaos. There are crowds of people gathered together and no attempts... Read full review
- Mandy BLichfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFabulous dog friendly day out!Friday, 30th October 2020Wow what a unique place. Absolutely beautiful gardens with the spectacular Autumn colours. Really loved our day here. The animals all appear very happy and well cared for. Such a delight to see the... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Be Dog Friendly Awards 2015 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous Be Dog Friendly Award 2016 2016