Mompesson House is currently closed. Opening arrangements for 2021 are being confirmed and will be updated soon.
Mompesson House is a Queen Anne townhouse in the heart of Salisbury’s Cathedral Close with a homely atmosphere and welcoming proportions. Highlights include the magnificent plasterwork, fine period furniture and the Turnbull collection of English eighteenth century drinking glasses. It’s easy to imagine living here as you walk down the graceful oak staircase or relax on a window seat.
The hidden and tranquil garden is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Salisbury. The garden tea-room offers light bites, teas, coffees and locally baked cakes. There is also a shop in the courtyard that has a range of gifts for you and your home.
|Mompesson House is currently closed. Opening arrangements for 2021 are being confirmed and will be updated soon. (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Last entry to the house is 30 minutes before closing.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print guide, Braille guides, scented plants.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor of house, garden and tea room.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- No Dogs
- On-Site café/restaurant - Garden tea room, for 20. Light lunch and teas.
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction - house
- Max group size - 50
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction - garden
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - City centre pay and display car parks.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Group bookings accepted only during normal opening hours.
Map & Directions
Located in the Cathedral Close. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Salisbury station, 10 min walk. From station turn right into Mill Road. Continue along this road and Cranebridge Road to city centre. At High Street traffic lights turn right into Cathedral Close. First right, house is on right.All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good234
- Yorkterrier01York, United KingdomLovely House and GardensSaturday, 11th January 2020This is a lovely National Trust property set in the heart of Salisbury with both interesting tooms and a well kept garden with a small tea room at the rear. I found its history interesting. Read full review
- Ljrm84Bournemouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelBest hot chocolate ever.Tuesday, 17th March 2020The best chocolate I have ever had in a NT place. Same ingredients as any other property but their magical hands made wonders. Lovely volunteers everywhere and everybody was very polite (despite the... Read full review
- traceyg855Halesowen, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot openThursday, 24th September 2020Disappointed as this NT property isn’t one of the ones to be reopened and available to visit by prebooked tickets Read full review