Collection of locomotives and rolling stock including steam engines and diesel engines. Locomotive shed with engines under restoration. Train rides on open days and special events. Booking is essentials from here.
Please remember that extra events may be added to our calendar in the course of the year also pre booking of our Santa Specials will be announced on our website at www.swindon-cricklade-railway.org
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2+2 standard fare (diesel day)||£18.00 per ticket|
|2+2 standard fare (steam day)||£20.00 per ticket|
|Adult standard fare (diesel day)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Adult standard fare (steam day)||£7.00 per ticket|
|Child standard fare (diesel day)||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child standard fare (steam day)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Senior standard fare (diesel day)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Senior standard fare (steam day)||£6.00 per ticket|
PLEASE NOTE: there is an extra charge on some Special Events. E.g. Santa Special - child £10; family £32 - incl santa with present. School Holiday Specials (Wednesdays) - Adult £3:50/children & seniors £2:50
|2021 Train Service (6 Mar 2021 - 18 Dec 2021)|
* Also open on five summer school holiday Wednesdays.
Normal running days are most week-ends throughout the year. For events programme and special days please see website or call. See website for times and events on Bank Holidays.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe for 50 max, serving snacks. New facility in restored Norwegian coaches now available.
- Picnic Site
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue - Licenced for civil weddings. Most functions can be hosted.
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In countryside
- Max group size - 999
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 30
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
Map & Directions
The nearest main road is the A419, which leaves the M4 Motorway at Junction 15, signposted for Cirencester. Leave the A419 near the top of Blunsdon Hill, just north of Swindon. A major new road layout has recently been completed and, until all the signs are in place, the best approach is to follow the signs for "SPEEDWAY". The Railway is about two miles on. Our car park is immediately after a small river bridge.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Swindon station. For those wishing to use public transport to visit the Railway, Thamesdown Transport's service 15a (Mon-Sat) and Stagecoach's service 19 (Sundays & Bank Hoildays) offer a viable option. Running between Fleming Way bus station and Haydon Wick, the Oakhurst Way stop is not much more than a mile from Blunsdon Station. Fleming Way is just a few minutes' walk from Swindon Station. From the bus stop, walk North to Tadpole Lane, then turn left.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good59
- figgyd2016Witney, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNew Year's Day SteamSaturday, 4th January 2020Went to the New Year Steam Day. Always been heritage railway fan. Small line but absolutely outstanding. A hidden gem. Lovely locos, souvenirs, relics sheds etc something for everyone young and old... Read full review
- underdevelopementA railway under constructionTuesday, 14th January 2020This is a railway preservation society that I have seen in its very early days. I was involved in the railway from the mid nineties until about 2005. Since then the railway has come on in leaps and... Read full review
- RJHowell075Swindon, United KingdomA great little railwaySunday, 8th March 2020A great family at out with our grandsons. The absolutely loved it. The staff are so helpful and really friendly. Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021