Collection of locomotives and rolling stock including steam engines and diesel engines. Locomotive shed with engines under restoration. Train rides on open days and special events. Booking is essentials from here.
Please remember that extra events may be added to our calendar in the course of the year also pre booking of our Santa Specials will be announced on our website at www.swindon-cricklade-railway.org
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2+2 standard fare (diesel day)||£18.00 per ticket|
|2+2 standard fare (steam day)||£20.00 per ticket|
|Adult standard fare (diesel day)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Adult standard fare (steam day)||£7.00 per ticket|
|Child standard fare (diesel day)||£4.50 per ticket|
|Child standard fare (steam day)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Senior standard fare (diesel day)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Senior standard fare (steam day)||£6.00 per ticket|
PLEASE NOTE: there is an extra charge on some Special Events. E.g. Santa Special - child £10; family £32 - incl santa with present. School Holiday Specials (Wednesdays) - Adult £3:50/children & seniors £2:50
|2022 Train Service (6 Mar 2022 - 18 Dec 2022)|
* Also open on five summer school holiday Wednesdays.
Normal running days are most week-ends throughout the year. For events programme and special days please see website or call. See website for times and events on Bank Holidays.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe for 50 max, serving snacks. New facility in restored Norwegian coaches now available.
- Picnic Site
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue - Licenced for civil weddings. Most functions can be hosted.
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- In countryside
- Max group size - 999
- Min group size - 30
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
Map & Directions
The nearest main road is the A419, which leaves the M4 Motorway at Junction 15, signposted for Cirencester. Leave the A419 near the top of Blunsdon Hill, just north of Swindon. A major new road layout has recently been completed and, until all the signs are in place, the best approach is to follow the signs for "SPEEDWAY". The Railway is about two miles on. Our car park is immediately after a small river bridge.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Swindon station. For those wishing to use public transport to visit the Railway, Thamesdown Transport's service 15a (Mon-Sat) and Stagecoach's service 19 (Sundays & Bank Hoildays) offer a viable option. Running between Fleming Way bus station and Haydon Wick, the Oakhurst Way stop is not much more than a mile from Blunsdon Station. Fleming Way is just a few minutes' walk from Swindon Station. From the bus stop, walk North to Tadpole Lane, then turn left.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good59
- KatherineSALondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMagical Santa Train experience!Saturday, 27th November 2021Just went on the Santa Train experience with our 3 year old and 8 month old - they absolutely loved it! Everywhere decorated beautifully, such a magical grotto area with a very authentic Father... Read full review
- Michelle RTrip Type:FamilyExcellent Father Christmas ExperienceSunday, 5th December 2021What an excellent experience. Went to see Father Christmas with my 3 year old. So much love and care has gone into the set up. The staff are super helpful and friendly and go out of their way to make... Read full review
- 614dalefTrip Type:FamilySanta Special Train RideSunday, 12th December 2021A lovely family experience at an amazing place which is obviously loved and well maintained. All staff were so helpful and friendly. The Santa experience was really good with decent quality gifts for... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021