*Open spaces and country parks are still open but please check with individual operators to see if they are open before planning your trip to the water park*
Set in 40 square miles of Wiltshire and Gloucestershire countryside, this unique area of over 150 lakes known as the Cotswold Water Park has something for everyone – from watersports and land activities, fantastic and varied birdwatching, excellent angling, off road cycling, an inland beach, peaceful lakeside walks to beautiful Cotswold towns and villages waiting to be explored. You can come for a day visit, a short break or a family holiday.
The first stop for many visitors is the Gateway Information Centre, a barn construction with stunning views across a lake. The Gateway Centre is open 7 days a week from 9am – 5pm, with easy access from the main road, and plenty of free parking. From here you will be able to pick up a free Leisure Map which will tell you where you can do the various activities and how to get there.
There are many activities to choose from catering for all ages and abilities. With clear water and no tides to worry about, the lakes are perfect for trying a wide range of water sports for beginners and experts alike with friendly and experienced tutors available to help you. Choose from sailing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, windsurfing, water skiing and wakeboarding. The area also has an inland beach for family bathing and paddling and it even has its own separate paddling area for dogs.
If you prefer to stay on dry land, the area has miles of off road paths for walking and cycling or alternatively you could try archery, shooting, fishing, golf, paint balling, wildlife skills and even rally driving.
Wherever you go in the Cotswold Water Park, take your binoculars with you. The area has a huge variety of birds visiting and living in the area throughout the year. In summer, watch the aerial antics of hobbies as they hunt dragonflies, look for bats skimming the lake surface for flies at dusk and seek out the magical carpet of wildflowers in the ancient water meadows. On hot sunny days, walk through clouds of blue damselflies near the lake edges and keep a look out for nesting grebes. Ducks love the Water Park in the winter too, with 20,000 water birds feeding on many of the larger lakes.
Much of the accommodation in the Cotswold Water Park is situated right next to the lakes. Choose from charming wooden chalets, New England style lodges, a family holiday park or four star hotel luxury. Whether you choose self-catering, full board or B&B, each of these places has its own unique character offering facilities such as indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, luxury spas, beauty treatments and fine dining. In the local area, you can discover traditional country pubs serving local beers and home cooked dishes, plus some great lakeside cafes and bistros.
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* *Open spaces and country parks are still open but please check with individual operators to see if they are open before planning your trip to the water park*
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
Map & Directions
M4 J15Follow A419 Cirencester. 3 miles North of Cricklade take B4696 Spine Road junctionM5 J11aFollow A419 Cirencester4 miles south of Cirencester take B4696 Spine Road junction
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good108
- TheHiluxManWiltshire, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLake 86 is the best paddle boarding hire in South CerneySaturday, 30th November 2019Having hired paddle boards every week all summer long here I can say it’s the best place around for it. The staff might be young but they are really friendly and helpful, a credit to the lake 86... Read full review
- Arn1111Trip Type:Friends getawayXmas party 2019Friday, 20th December 2019recently had a Xmas do at the 4 pillars with an over night stay in one of the fantastic apartments overlooking the lakes. Service was 1st class and in particular from the events manager Hugh who bent... Read full review
- EarlsandcoCheltenham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesJordan at the bar is a hero!Tuesday, 31st December 2019To be honest, the hotel is great but we got here late and felt a bit lost... Jordan ended our blues and got us in the mood for NYE with his ‘posh’ jäger bombs! Such a nice guy, especially as he’s... Read full review