Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, managed by Forestry England, is one of the finest collections of temperate trees and shrubs in the world.
The 600 acre arboretum is home to 3,000 different species of trees and around 15,000 individual specimens. A place of environmental and historical importance, its Victorian creator Robert Holford was fascinated by rare and beautiful plants and helped finance expeditions to collect specimens from around the world.
Westonbirt Arboretum is known internationally for its spectacular autumn colour display, but offers an unforgettable day out all year round, from magnificent flowering trees in spring, to sculptural and bright-stemmed specimens in winter.
Activities throughout the year
Events, workshops and family activities run throughout the year. Signature events include the spectacular Enchanted Christmas illuminated trail in November and December.
There are 17 miles of paths throughout the arboretum and dozens of leafy glades with levels of accessibility to suit a range of visitors.
There are mobility scooters and manual wheelchairs available to borrow (it is advisable to book these in advance), special group rates on request and retail and refreshment opportunities onsite.
Westonbirt has a huge area, Silk Wood, for you and your dog to explore. The Old Arboretum is a dog-free zone.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult from||£9.00 per ticket|
|Child from||£3.00 per ticket|
|Concession from||£6.00 per ticket|
*Concessions: Students, job seekers & those arriving by public transport or bike
*Child 5-18 years. Under 5s go free and don't require a ticket.
Tickets can be purchased on site or pre-booked online.
After paying entry, there are no parking charges at Westonbirt Arboretum.
Please check website for seasonal prices and prebooking requirements.
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Closed Christmas Day
Last admission 4.30pm (March - October); 4pm (November - February)
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Conference facilities - The Great Oak Hall is available to hire for corporate events.
- Dogs-Accepted - Are allowed in the Silk Wood area but only assistance dogs are allowed in the Old Arboretum.
- Event venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 2.5 hours
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Max group size - No maximum
- Min group size - 10
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free) - Included in the cost of admission
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10
- Groups Accepted - Please enquire for further details
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good721
- CJBlackburneEnchanted Christmas - has been betterFriday, 1st December 2023This is a review for this years Enchanted Christmas event. We visit every Christmas for this & were left disappointed with the experience this time. Most years there are actors along the trail... Read full review
- lp07bristolTrip Type:FamilyNot an enchanted Christmas - utter rubbish.Sunday, 3rd December 2023We visited the Enchanted Christmas and it was anything but enchanted. Having done Stourhead and Longleat previously, this was the ultimate let down. It was literally a few coloured lights up the... Read full review
- Beth90TTrip Type:FamilyEnchanted Christmas - what happened?!Wednesday, 6th December 2023We have been visiting Enchanted Christmas for 10 years and this year was quite a let down. There was nothing Christmassy about the theme, there seemed to be less lights this year and no interaction... Read full review