Westonbirt is a remarkable place for people to enjoy and learn about trees. Borne of a Victorian passion for plant collecting, around 15,000 trees from all over the globe now offer the perfect setting to escape, relax or have an adventure...
Westonbirt’s combination of maturity, species diversity and landscape style make it one of the most extraordinary arboretums in the world.
Created by Victorian entrepreneur Robert Holford, its 240 hectares (600 acres) were planted during an exciting period of plant hunting, when trees and shrubs from all over the globe were introduced to Britain.
Unlike other arboretums, the landscape here was laid out aesthetically rather than in a botanical order, meaning Westonbirt is truly one of the most beautiful tree gardens to be found anywhere in the world.
Pop into the Welcome Building at the start of your visit – you’ll find lots of interesting information to help you make the most of your visit as well as stories about Westonbirt’s trees and how they are cared for.
Pick up a seasonal trail leaflet, which will guide you around some of the best beauties of our tree collection – hand-picked by us!
For families, taking a trip into the trees with our play trail is a great way to fire children’s imaginations, and in such beautiful surroundings, it’s an enjoyable adventure for the whole family.
- - -
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||from £8.00 to £15.00 per ticket|
|Child||from £3.00 to £7.50 per ticket|
Please see website for full seasonal pricing breakdown.
See website for event ticket prices.
The Student rate applies to students, cyclists, public transport users and jobseekers.
Group discounts are available based on a minimum group size of 10.
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Last admission 4.15pmDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Conference facilities - The Great Oak Hall and Education Centre are available to hire for corporate events.
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 2.5 hours
- Forest Location
- In countryside
- Max group size - No maximum
- Min group size - 10
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free) - Included in the cost of admission
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates - £3-£8
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10
- Groups Accepted - Please enquire for further details
Map & Directions
From Bath take the A4 to the A46, signposted Stroud. Continue for approx. 8 miles and follow brown signs to Westonbirt on the A46. From Bristol follow signs to the M32, then onto the M4. Leave at junction 18 onto the A46, signposted Stroud. Continue for approx. 6 miles and follow brown signs to Westonbirt on the A46. From Cirencester take the A419 then the A429 signposted Bath, Chippenham, continue forward on the A433 to Tetbury, take the A46 signposted Bath and follow the brown signs to Westonbirt on the A46.
Public Transport Directions
For information on train times contact National Rail on 08457 484950. For information on bus times contact Traveline on 0871 2002233. The nearest train station is Kemble which is located between the towns of Tetbury and Cirencester and is a 15 minute taxi journey from Westonbirt.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good697
- FamilyTraveller68Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSuch a terrible shame.Monday, 17th January 2022For over twenty years we have been members/friends at Westonbirt and over that time things have changed, but unfortunately not for the better. During our most recent we arrived with a view to... Read full review
- BeanietooInflexible procedures result in us cancelling our membershipThursday, 20th January 2022Having spent all last year recovering from two total knee replacements, one of the things on my 'to do' list after recovery and after regaining my confidence, was to revisit the Arboretum. We... Read full review
- Safari242223Trip Type:Friends getawayThe not so hot bacon rollFriday, 21st January 2022As someone who visits Westonbirt and the Pantry on a weekly basis to meet and share brunch with friends.. I have to say I am consistently disappointed in the customer service from the Pantry. The... Read full review