Open all year round, Lydiard Park is the ancestral home of the Viscounts Bolingbroke. The Palladian house, beautiful church, walled garden and formal parkland are the striking remains of a great country estate. Wander through the elegant state rooms of Lydiard House, containing original family furnishings, portraits and ornate plasterwork and see how the ornamental 18th century walled garden has been restored to its former glory. Enjoy the natural beauty of the tranquil lake, rolling lawns and woodlands before heading for some fun in the playground, next to the cafe. From mid-February, enjoy the stunning natural carpet of snowdrops in the woodlands and lawns surrounding Lydiard House. Inside the 18th century walled garden, the emerging spring bulbs create a riot of colour and beautiful scent with displays of delicate 17th century tulip varieties, hyacinths and crown imperials. Lydiard Park is open all year round (except 25 December) from 7.30am to dusk.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult House Only||£5.00|
|Adult Walled Garden||£2.50|
|Child (3-15 yrs) Walled Garden||£1.50|
|Child House Only (3-15 years)||£2.75|
|Child under 3||Free|
|Concession House Only Senior (60+) / Student||£4.40|
|Concession Walled Garden||£1.50|
|Family House Only (2+1)||£11.50|
|Family House Only (2+2)||£14.00|
|Family House Only (2+3)||£16.50|
Concession: senior (60+) and student
Carers go free with a carers card and valid ID.
|Walled Garden (1 Jan 2022 - 23 Dec 2022)|
|Lydiard House (23 Mar 2022 - 23 Dec 2022)|
* The beautiful State Rooms of Lydiard House are reopening on Saturday 9th April 2022 following a winter hiatus. From 9th April, Lydiard House Museum is open on Wednesday to Sunday from 11:00 to 4:00pm (last admission 3.30pm).
The grounds of Lydiard Park are open every day from 7.30am to dusk.
- Gift Shop
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - There is wheelchair access to the House, Church and Visitor Centre.
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Personal tours for blind or partially sighted visitors by museum staff can be arranged by prior agreement and guide dogs are welcome in the house.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Story box audio guides are available in the Library, Dining Room, Drawing Room, State Bedroom and Lady Diana Spencer room.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Drop off point and parking is available in the courtyard of Lydiard House for disabled visitors. This is reached via the Lydiard Park driveway off Hay Lane / Tregoze Way, signposted Lydiard Park Conference Centre and St Mary’s Church.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - An accessible toilet is situated at the Visitor Centre – from the House this is reached by a 250 metre semi-serviced drive, which is not accessible by vehicle. Please bring your RADAR key.
- Childrens Play Area
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe in grounds seating outside, open all year, daily
- Picnic Site
- Available for wedding receptions - Offer weddings and civil ceremonies
- Conference facilities - We also have conferencing facilities and 36 en-suite bedrooms. Full details are on the main LP website: http://www.lydiardpark.org.uk
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs welcome in park but they are not allowed in Lydiard House, Walled Garden, children’s play area, café or tea rooms.
- Event venue - The Lydiard House & Annexe
- Licenced for civil marriages - The Lydiard House & Annexe
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- Approx length of visit - 01:30
- Haunted - Lydiard is one of Swindon's most famous haunted buildings. Sir John St.John has been said to appear to visitors in the house and grounds from decades past until recent times.
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Min group size - 12 to take advantage of the dicounted group rate. Must be booked in advance.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (charge)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates - If booked in advance.
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
From Swindon centre follow signs to West Swindon and then brown signs to Lydiard Park.
Public Transport Directions
Buses run frequently from Fleming Way, 5 minutes walk from Swindon Railway Station, Thamesdown Transport No1 and 1A (make sure the bus destination says Middleleaze or Ramleaze). A short walk is required from the nearest bus stop.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good375
- david nManchester, United KingdomReally goodSunday, 24th April 2022Firstly, the house is set in large grounds which are mainly lawns with an ornamental lake. Clean and well-looked after, it was a pleasure to walk around. The house itself is fabulous and well worth... Read full review
- gypsyj2015Suffolk, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful ParkTuesday, 26th April 2022What a beautiful place to visit. Admittedly we went on a sunny spring day buylt I imagine its lovely all year round. We visited on a Monday so it wasnt busy but still plenty of dog walkers. Pleased... Read full review
- Lou5716Great play parkSunday, 1st May 2022Parking reasonable price. Takes pay by phone app if you don't have change. Play parks were really good, good size & plenty to do. Public toilets were ok. Grounds were lovely to walk around. You... Read full review