Come and see 70 years of technology from desktops, portables, laptops and Apple Macs, to games consoles, handhelds, arcade games, calculators and more...Exhibits are hands-on, rather that just stored in glass cabinets and visitors are able to play old fashioned computer games, including Pong, Sonic The Hedgehog and Space Invaders. Exhibits also include a rare 1989 Nintendo Power Glove and a Science of Cambridge Mark 14, which was the first computer designed by Sir Clive Sinclair. At any one time, about 10% of the collection is in the main display. The Museum of Computing was the first dedicated computer museum in the UK, opening in 2003. It is a non-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and is run entirely by volunteers.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£3.00 per ticket|
|Concession||£2.00 per ticket|
|Family||£8.00 per ticket|
|children 6-15yrs||£2.00 per ticket|
All children under 14yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
|2021 - Temporarily closed (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Temporarily closed
Last admission at 15:30
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors - Our display area is accessible by wheelchair
- Open All Year
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Parking (charge) - There are several car parks close by, Islington Street open-air and the Wyvern multi-storey car parks.
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Tel. 01793 492256 for information.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Tel. 07834 375628 for information.
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good40
- AWDDMullingar, IrelandTrip Type:FamilyMuseum of ComputingSaturday, 16th October 2021Just been in with hubby and 11 year old son. Enjoyed by all. Enthusiastic and helpful staff. Some real blasts from the past on display. Read full review
- AnuNimLondon, United KingdomExperienced and knowledgable staffThursday, 28th October 2021This was a great hour with some really nice and knowledgable staff. It was nicely laid out, with so many interactive stations. The kids enjoyed playing all the games, while we enjoyed the memories... Read full review
- 307heidiwSouthampton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely little findSunday, 7th November 2021We really enjoyed our visit to the commuting museum, the staff were very friendly and explained a lot to about the items on display. We loved seeing lots of items from our childhood and would highly... Read full review
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015