The Wyvern Theatre offers a mixed programme of concerts, comedy, dance, drama, musical theatre and local amateur productions. The theatre was opened by Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness Prince Phillip in September 1971 and over forty years later continues to entertain local audiences with a broad-range of productions. The auditorium has 635 seats and every seat is designed to be no further than 70ft from the stage.
|2022 *Performances Currently Suspended* (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* *Performances Currently Suspended*
On non-performance day the ticket office closes at 6pm.
On Bank Holidays ticket office will open 1.5hrs before the performance.
- On-Site café/restaurant - The Wyvern's Coffee Bar, Wyvern Bites, situated in the foyer, is open before most performances serving snacks and beverages.
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 999
- Min group size - 11
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - The multi-storey Wyvern Car Park (pay and display) is adjacent to the theatre. There is also a smaller open air car park next to the theatre.
- Booking essential
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
The Wyvern Theatre is situated in the town centre 15 minutes from the M4 (junctions 15 or 16) and the A419 and A420. Follow the signs to the town centre and when approaching the Magic Roundabout you will pick up the signs to the Wyvern Theatre where there are multi storey car parks to the right of the theatre and an open air car park to the front of the theatre.
Public Transport Directions
Swindon train station and Swindon bus station are a short walk through the town centre to the theatre.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good431
- mayandcom2012Trip Type:CouplesSeats uncomfortable but a decent venueThursday, 26th May 2022Decent sized venue in Swindon long queues for the bar and the seats were quite uncomfortable but as it seems to get some of the bigger names these days (we went to see Russel Kane) a good venue to... Read full review
- MD1080Norwich, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat theatre but bad food.Wednesday, 8th June 2022Good seating, well laid out with good view of the stage. Theatre is not so large that you don't feel too far from action. Great lighting for the Wilkes dance performance. But... the café, truly... Read full review
- AvrilBrown26FaultlessThursday, 23rd June 2022Lovely, friendly welcome by 2 door ushers. Easy access up slope from Disabled parking outside Library. Polite & friendly bar staff took our internal order. Comfortable seating & great view of an... Read full review