The Wyvern Theatre offers a mixed programme of concerts, comedy, dance, drama, musical theatre and local amateur productions. The theatre was opened by Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness Prince Phillip in September 1971 and over forty years later continues to entertain local audiences with a broad-range of productions. The auditorium has 635 seats and every seat is designed to be no further than 70ft from the stage.
|2021 *Performances Currently Suspended* (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* *Performances Currently Suspended*
On non-performance day the ticket office closes at 6pm.
On Bank Holidays ticket office will open 1.5hrs before the performance.
- On-Site café/restaurant - The Wyvern's Coffee Bar, Wyvern Bites, situated in the foyer, is open before most performances serving snacks and beverages.
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 999
- Min group size - 11
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - The multi-storey Wyvern Car Park (pay and display) is adjacent to the theatre. There is also a smaller open air car park next to the theatre.
- Booking essential
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
The Wyvern Theatre is situated in the town centre 15 minutes from the M4 (junctions 15 or 16) and the A419 and A420. Follow the signs to the town centre and when approaching the Magic Roundabout you will pick up the signs to the Wyvern Theatre where there are multi storey car parks to the right of the theatre and an open air car park to the front of the theatre.
Public Transport Directions
Swindon train station and Swindon bus station are a short walk through the town centre to the theatre.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good426
- rjcrispCaterham, United KingdomComedy night outTuesday, 20th October 2020Unable to go due to Coronovirus this year, but previous times we as a family found it quite good when we were in staying in Swindon. Hopefully we will be able to go in the near future. Read full review
- ch_8691UKTrip Type:FamilyVery poor Covid checksFriday, 24th September 2021Considering the fact theatres etc have been closed for so long, I was astonished at a recent visit to the Wyvern. I was greeted by a lady wearing a visor, no covid checks and no signs asking people... Read full review
- E487TUmaryjTrip Type:CouplesGenesis connectedFriday, 1st October 2021Just got back from the Genesis Connected show. Absolutely amazing, fantastic show with humour & great music. All members of the band came up to the foyer to meet the audience, sign merchandise... Read full review