*Performances Currently Suspended*
The Wyvern Theatre offers a mixed programme of concerts, comedy, dance, drama, musical theatre and local amateur productions. The theatre was opened by Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness Prince Phillip in September 1971 and over forty years later continues to entertain local audiences with a broad-range of productions. The auditorium has 635 seats and every seat is designed to be no further than 70ft from the stage.
|2020 *Performances Currently Suspended* (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* *Performances Currently Suspended*
On non-performance day the ticket office closes at 6pm.
On Bank Holidays ticket office will open 1.5hrs before the performance.
- On-Site café/restaurant - The Wyvern's Coffee Bar, Wyvern Bites, situated in the foyer, is open before most performances serving snacks and beverages.
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 999
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - The multi-storey Wyvern Car Park (pay and display) is adjacent to the theatre. There is also a smaller open air car park next to the theatre.
- Booking essential
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
The Wyvern Theatre is situated in the town centre 15 minutes from the M4 (junctions 15 or 16) and the A419 and A420. Follow the signs to the town centre and when approaching the Magic Roundabout you will pick up the signs to the Wyvern Theatre where there are multi storey car parks to the right of the theatre and an open air car park to the front of the theatre.
Public Transport Directions
Swindon train station and Swindon bus station are a short walk through the town centre to the theatre.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good427
- TolleeBridport, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely venue for a showTuesday, 3rd March 2020Watched ‘This is me’ Giovani Pernice’s show from Strictly with my family. The venue and staff was amazing! I felt the actual show was a bit of a disappointment due to the fact that Giovani didn’t... Read full review
- ButterflyElleSwindon, United KingdomExcellent local theatreThursday, 5th March 2020Love this theatre, there’s not a bad view of the stage in the house. It has some really good acts and big names. A real variety of shows to see. Staff are friendly and helpful. If you have the time... Read full review
- ccws50Ferndown, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNutcrackerTuesday, 10th March 2020A first visit to this great little theatre. This occasion was the Russian State Ballet performance of the "Nutcracker". The performance was tremendous. The size and layout means every seat is a good... Read full review