AboutOne of Peter Vaughan's roles after qualifying, was as chef de partie poissonier in a Michelin starred restaurant. Peter will give you the knowledge to improve your skill of prepping, cooking and presenting one of nature's incredible ingredients.
On the menu:
- Sustainability, recognising freshness, texture difference of flat, flaky and firm varieties.
- Learning when fish is over cooked & the negative effects it has on texture and taste.
- Preparing a whole fish - flat & round
- Meuniere poaching & baking
- Sauces to accompany fish:
There will be lots of tips on how to present your efforts so that your final dish looks attractive and enticing. You will finish the class eating some of the food you have made, accompanied by wine or a non-alcoholic alternative. There will also be goodies to take home.
£60 for hands on cookery class including supper with wine (non alcoholic if preferred) and lots to take home and share
Sorry, this event has passed